• You cannot reply to this topic

Self defense scare Doesn’t know what to do. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Wrzesinski 

• Gives his $.02
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Wrzesinski

Post icon  Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:47 PM

Ok so a few days ago me and my girlfriend were walking to the store [down residential streets] When we got to a corner we heard footsteps from in the woods beside the corner and they followed us around the corner and all the way down the road until the woods ended then they stopped. We didn’t think much of it and we went shopping for 2-3 hours. When we walked back around that corner the same footsteps picked back up and followed us back around the corner the other way. We freaked out and ran home, locked the doors, and cooled off. The next day we were in the woods behind my house [different woods] where we have been thousands of times before without seeing anyone [neighbors, neighbor kids] plenty of deer and other animals but no people. Then we started to hear footsteps [a two footed being, and I live in Austin Texas so a bear is out of the question] it was walking towards us, slowly [like it was watching something] we figured it was a neighbor so we got up to leave. As we started walking away the footsteps got faster so we hurried out of the woods and back into the house. While in the house I started to see movement on the edge of the woods. I realized then that I wasn’t prepared in any way to defend myself if my girlfriend and I were attacked. I have a knife but I feel that I am not as adept at handling it as an attacker would be. I am only 18 so I am unable to purchase a handgun and the only air pistols that can actually do any damage are single shot. I need something that can be used at short to medium range [far enough that the attacker cannot touch either myself or my girlfriend but not so far that they pose no threat to us.] also it would need to be accurately deployed if the attacker got a hold of my girlfriend. It would need to be able to be stored for a long time until needed, and lastly it would need to be concealed and carried in everyday life [to be prepared at any time]. After I had done a bit of research I was thinking of going with a Tippmann TPX paintball pistol with Rap4 less lethal rounds http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/less-leth...nds-p-3720.html I think the TPX would be a good choice because it doesn’t puncture the co2 until the first pull as opposed to my previous choice, the t8 where the co2 is already punctured and has the potential to leak out even a tiny bit and be empty when I need it. If you have any additional suggestions please make them.

Thank you for your time and patience,
Very respectfully,
Cadet Wrzesinski
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
Being too awesome :P

Who has the best girlfriend in the whole wide world? ME!

#2 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:52 PM

First off, are you sure it's not just your mind playing tricks on you? If not, then I say contact the authorities. If you don't have a permit to carry a weapon, don't carry one that could be mistaken for an actual weapon. May get you hurt even more when they realize it isn't real.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#3 User is offline   Wrzesinski 

• Gives his $.02
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:58 PM

the whole point of it is to be prepared, not carrying anything would do more damage than to at least carry something that could do harm to a person and maybe turn them away...
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

#4 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• You won't do it! You ain't crazy!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sunshine ac-05

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:59 PM

stungun, louisville slugger. But your best bet is to call the authorities. they are much better equipped to handle it than you are.
"it just doesnt look cool unless you're riding a yamazuki zx1200rrr" - C9H13NO3

#5 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:00 AM

Expanable baton, like ASP or some such company.

THAT will mess someone's day up, I promise you.
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

#6 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:00 AM

Agreed, don't carry something that can be mistaken for a weapon. You take the risk of getting yourself and/or your girlfriend shot if they find out it's not real and they do have a real one. Not to mention it's illegal to pull it (even if it is a paintball gun) and it could come back to bite you, even though you aren't the one doing the sketchy acts.

Knives, Baseball bats, that's my recommendation.

Still contact the authorities, that's what they are their for. Don't take the law into your own hands.

This post has been edited by blackcelldrumr15: 17 May 2009 - 12:01 AM

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:03 AM

View PostAshrak, on May 17 2009, 12:00 AM, said:

Expanable baton, like ASP or some such company.

THAT will mess someone's day up, I promise you.

This. But check your local laws, they are illegal in many states.

#8 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:06 AM

^ Good point. I forgot to mention that.
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

#9 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:07 AM

Only thing you can get away with is a pocket knife when it comes down to it. But you have to be carrying as a "tool" and not for self defense, because then it becomes a concealed weapon. At least in the eye of the law...
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:13 AM

Go to Walmart, buy a 12 gauage. Visual deterrent is the best deterrent, and racking a shell into the chamber is a scary enough sound for most people to back off in a home invasion.
Wretched is the sound of my voice.

IN MY DROPSHIP ZIGZAGS STAY LIT

#11 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:25 AM

A favored weapon of the hells angels is the ballpene hammer.

#12 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:31 AM

Are you positive you heard/saw something? You aren't just being overly paranoid? Either way do not carry a loaded PB marker. Like others have said, that is just no good. Go to the authorities. That's what our taxes pay them for. For them to investigate this stuff and put and end to it. Please don't go vigilante. Call the police and report it next time.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#13 User is offline   Erndogg 

• Team Suburban Support
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Erndogg

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:34 AM

As previously mentioned carrying a weapon could get you into trouble. If you are concerned about not being able to defend yourself might want to consider taking some sort of self defense course. I know in my city, there is a PD run course that teaches its citizens basic self defense moves and use of some legal self defense stuff like mace. Check around, there maybe something like that available in your area.

This post has been edited by Erndogg: 17 May 2009 - 12:35 AM

#14 User is offline   Wrzesinski 

• Gives his $.02
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:38 AM

completely positive, it was a person...i am not a paranoid person..at all

#15 User is offline   Wrzesinski 

• Gives his $.02
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:42 AM

im looking for something i can carry outside the home [so a 12 guage and a bat arent good options] i like the extendable baton idea as well as the pocket knife, i am contacting the athorities about the incident and dont plan on taking anything into my own hands, this is purely a last resort. if i dont have to take action [i feel no threat to my girlfriend or my life]...i wont...

Share this topic:

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users