• You cannot reply to this topic

Swearing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   bigfoot 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:linx

Posted 28 September 2006 - 02:52 PM

I just was wondering what you guys do to a person that swears if you do anything cause I was at a game and some of the guys were swearing including the refs.
If you dont do anything say so.
If you do something what do you do and how bad is it on a scale of 1 to 10
10 being the worst and 1 minor.

#2 User is offline   Fox 44 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fox 44

Posted 28 September 2006 - 03:02 PM

oops used the wrong profile
my brother logged in and left it logged in so I posted it with my brothers file
Theres Vanilla and Choclate Ice Cream, but Ice Cream is Ice Cream.
Theres Speedball and Woodsball, but Paintball is Paintball. -Writer from APG

#3 User is offline   loyats 

• Just a Regular Joe
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Loyats

Posted 28 September 2006 - 05:23 PM

The only times I have ever ref'd has been for a base feild and so being that a majority of the players were military swearing was just accepted. However when ever we had community project games, where we brought in a school to play against, the swearing was severly curbed. Most everyone had no problem not swearing (guess Marines come with an on/pff switch for the presence of children) but anyone that did was told once and once only. There were no repeat violators but had their been it would have more than likely resulted in feild removal.

Lesson of the story, let it depend on circumstance. And if you're offended by swearing either speak up and tell the other players, or deal with it, it's your own choice.

#4 User is offline   Dr. Wiggy 

• "God. Duty. Honor. Country."
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dr. Wiggy

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:32 PM

Our field is a no swearing field, you excessively swear after being warned, you're out of there mister!!!!!!

and GOOD RIDINCE!!!!!!!!!!! :ghillie:

God Bless,
Doc

The honorable freak of nature; Dr. Wiggy presiding.
Posted Image
The "Suicidal Ref"

Become Elite. Don't Cheat.

#5 User is offline   JesterTLS 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2006 - 01:41 AM

We also have a rule against swearing. Normally we warn you, unless you are swearing at someone specific, not just swearing.

Rec day you may get pulled for a game. Scenario, you get your card punched.

Private groups, are done a little different. They can get away with launguage a little more.
Team ODX (Operational Detachment X-Ray)
OSF Operator's Strike Force
www.scenariosupply.com www.cdpaintball.com

#6 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lament

Posted 29 September 2006 - 12:43 PM

Well, interesting subject.

The woods field is pretty lax, with only severe swearing being curbed. Our airball field, that is a whole other story. People swear out there like no one's business. And it is right next to a putt putt golf and go-kart place, so lots of kids, teenagers and parents to hear it all. I was approached by one of the people that helped run the golf and go-karts about the language. I talked to the owner, and he implimented a no swearing rule. You got one warning, after that, you were done for the rest of the day. Granted, this was only for a couple of months, simply to get them to watch their language, afterwards, it would lighten up. Well, enough sponsored players cried to the owner that every other week, it changed. Ignore them off of the field. Then it was ignore them if they got bunkered or took one in a "special" spot. Finally, it went away altogether. Granted, I knew that it would never go away completely, but when you have 10 year olds up to parents and grandparents wanting to check out paintball and they are hearing: "You're hit. On your F**King foot A**HOLE!!!" all of the time, that does not help to grow our sport, much less get actual paying customers to go and play paintball.

Shooting like there is no tomorrow. For all we know, there is no tomorrow.

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

#7 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 29 September 2006 - 01:57 PM

I don't swear much, but when I do, it's under my breath, and usually only when I am hurt. It's uncalled for, unprofessional, and sets a bad example for younger players. Some people are under the mistaken impression that swearing gets them respect, when in actuality, it usually achieves the opposite. It shows a lack of self control.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:47 PM

View Postloyats, on Sep 28 2006, 07:23 PM, said:

The only times I have ever ref'd has been for a base feild and so being that a majority of the players were military swearing was just accepted. However when ever we had community project games, where we brought in a school to play against, the swearing was severly curbed. Most everyone had no problem not swearing (guess Marines come with an on/pff switch for the presence of children) but anyone that did was told once and once only. There were no repeat violators but had their been it would have more than likely resulted in feild removal.

Lesson of the story, let it depend on circumstance. And if you're offended by swearing either speak up and tell the other players, or deal with it, it's your own choice.

Your base field actually had refs? My didn't they just filled up the tanks and let ou at it. They didn't even have a chrono.

I would inforce no swearing. One warning then your out. I like this quote mede by Spencer W. Kimball (I think)''Profanity is a sign of a weak mind attempting to state itsself forcebly" or something like that.

This post has been edited by ghost93: 29 September 2006 - 04:16 PM

#9 User is offline   Aurora Knight 

• Semper Fi
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Spartan 043

Posted 29 September 2006 - 03:45 PM

View Postghost93, on Sep 29 2006, 02:47 PM, said:

I would inforce no wearing. One warning then your out. I like this quote mede by Spencer W. Kimball (I think)''Profanity is a sign of a weak mind attempting to state itsself forcebly" or something like that.

Lol. I would LOVE that rule if it was an All-girls field :ninja:
But yeah, the only time I swear is when there are noobs on my team who shoot me in the back and their only excuse is "I thought the gauge on your Hpa tank was a pair of goggles..." THATS when I get mad.

This post has been edited by Spartan 043: 29 September 2006 - 03:46 PM

All Wars are Civil wars, for all men are brothers.
HOTTEST Karnivor EVER! http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=161438

#10 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2006 - 04:16 PM

Haha I should really check my posts for typos. lol

#11 User is offline   Lathers 

• Delta Squadron SCO
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lathers

Posted 29 September 2006 - 04:35 PM

my field doesnt mind so long as you aren't swearing loud or in an over-excessive manner. A string of curses is acceptable there when a string of paint barely misses you because of your ninja-like reflexes.
"PlAlIlNlTlBlAlLlL - My anti-money." - So True, AgentM192, so true...
"A|I|R|S|O|F|T - My ANTI-anti-money" - Myself
I'm pretty sure you can't read this. No, seriously, I am.
~|Spyder Owner| | LXIV |~
What a splendid head, yet no brain!
For the love of God, wear your mask!

#12 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2006 - 04:38 PM

View PostWarpaint, on Sep 29 2006, 01:57 PM, said:

I don't swear much, but when I do, it's under my breath, and usually only when I am hurt. It's uncalled for, unprofessional, and sets a bad example for younger players. Some people are under the mistaken impression that swearing gets them respect, when in actuality, it usually achieves the opposite. It shows a lack of self control.

same here i only do it under my breath
Hello everybody. Im back.

#13 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:alexspawn3000

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:11 AM

i've slipepd a few cus-words a few times...especially when falling and injuring one's self...or landing your hand in a PATCH of thorn bushes while crawling...hehe

oops

i dont swear at people for messing up n stuff though..its jsut a game...but when i get injured...which happens running through the woods...sometimes you'll hear OWW SH**!!!!! WOOPS! lol

:rolleyes:

~AleX~
Posted Image
"The gun doesn't MAKE the player, it ENHANCES the player!"
~AleX~

#14 User is offline   adrenaLine 

• Team adrenaLine
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:adrenaLine a.k.a godSend

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:14 AM

I'll admit it, I have the tendancy to swear, but not like, spazzing out....I just do it casually, sort of a habit from growing up with an older brother (7 years older). I am 15..I have myself under control. As far as the fields I go to, it's mostly ages 14 and up. Everyone is in their own group of friends. There is swearing, but more casual, than a type of arguing. Usually the F-bombs are a minimum, it is more less serious swearing, otherwise people usually sound rediculous. Now I do swear BAD, if I call myself out, (and trust me, it is known, cuz i yell loud and wave my gun in the air.) and people keep shooting, thats uncalled for....If i ran the field, i would keep swearing to a minium, too much of it seems childish.

-adrenaLine
Team Adrenaline

PM for sniper assistance.
Dagger/Commander- Telling the team what to do, then showing them how it's done.

#15 User is offline   Hydroion 

• reality torn asunder
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hydroion

Posted 01 October 2006 - 01:42 PM

yesterday i was playing 35 vs 35 at my local field. we were doing a sor tof cty fight thing, and the enemy had set up under a little bridge. we were in a building shooting at them (about 6 of us) me and olly were walk ons and the others had booked in. we started firing at a guy who was sitting behind a tree and he kept wiping. i could hear the swearwords streaming out and then they started swearing at the ref and telling him to get his but over to that guy and call him out. then one of the players got really annoyed and charged him. he got shot about 12 times and dropped to the floor. the guy who had wiped several times just carried on firing at this guy on the floor. tempers rocketed but i didnt get involved. in the end the guy who wiped got pulled out by the ref. there was a HELL ofa lot of wiping by the other team and it got quite boring after a while.

most of the other team was little kiddies who had booked. they were chavs. if you are american and dont know what chavs are look it up on wikipedia :dry:.

click on my sig to see the graphics team

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users