• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PPS Brass Questions DON'T KILL ME!!! I searched and didn't get what I

#1 User is offline   Suppresive Fire 

• SPRAY AND PRAY I spray you pray!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:07 PM

Ok I've been hearing different things about the right length.
Some people swear by the 14in but I hear 12in is all you need, is this true?

I plan to mount my APEX tip on this barrel. If I purchase a ported Brass how much of the porting does the adapter cover?

Does the adapter (alone/ no tip or with apex tip) hinder performance AT ALL?

How hard is it to disconnect the adapter once its attached to the barrel?

Is there ANY difference in accuracy with or without Apex tip between a ported, double ported, or unported Brass?
With nerves of steel and unfaltering will, we shall prevail

ADAPT, IMPROVISE, OVERCOME!

#2 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:12 AM

Putting an Apex on a PPS Brass is like buying a sports car and putting a trailer hitch on it. You can do it but why?

You're combining the most accurate barrel produced with a piece of gear that will decrease your accuracy. Longballing with a Brass isn't that difficult since you know your paint is going to land where you throw it. So, to me, the added range that the Apex gives you isn't all that important.

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

#3 User is offline   Pneumaniac227 

• Certified Pump Paintball Crash Dummy
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:43 AM

View PostBlueDragonX, on May 21 2007, 08:12 AM, said:

Putting an Apex on a PPS Brass is like buying a sports car and putting a trailer hitch on it. You can do it but why?

You're combining the most accurate barrel produced with a piece of gear that will decrease your accuracy. Longballing with a Brass isn't that difficult since you know your paint is going to land where you throw it. So, to me, the added range that the Apex gives you isn't all that important.

*ding ding ding*

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

If you're gonna get a PPS brass barrel. Please, do NOT get an Apex.
Digi Camo Program Web Dog Radio The Whiteboard
"Hype, cease and desist orders, and lawsuits are ruining our sport" club member #4
My Feedback (+8/-0) My Stuff For Sale!!! My Website
"The Ironmen though, are like the Yankees. I dont really care for them, but I would still place a bet on them." -ghostinthewood

#4 User is offline   DaggerBurn 

• scratch kitty scratch
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kohburn

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:46 AM

the apex is alot more useful than longballing... the woods i play in longballing is impossible. I use it on a 2 peice barrel for bunker busting. its like shooing down on a bunker from a tower except you can be on the ground behind your own bunker.

#5 User is offline   Suppresive Fire 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:51 PM

I DIDN"T ASK YOU TO CRITIQUE MY CHOICHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the questions pertain to this so unless you want to help I strongly suggest you shut the f up.

Sorry about that but there is a ton of informative people on these forums but there always has to be a couple of opinionated "Removed Content" that piss people off.

Oh and by the way I already own an APEX and my question that asks about how tight the adapter is means I don't always want the APEX tip on there genuis. I also play in woods where it is impossible to long ball.

Any HELP is greatly apprieciated.

edit: please don't bypass the swear filter. Honestly, it's just not cool. You get one freebie from me. Do not do it again. -Lego

This post has been edited by Legato: 22 May 2007 - 01:17 AM

#6 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:00 PM

Well I just looked up the APEX adapter sleeve at the Underground Mod Shop. From my understanding you can remove the APEX tip after you installed it on the adapter. You will also need to have the adapter custom milled in order for it to fit over the PPS brass barrel.

I would still contact the UMS to verify that you can remove the APEX tip after it has been installed over the adapter.

#7 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:05 PM

View PostSuppresive Fire, on May 21 2007, 01:51 PM, said:

I DIDN"T ASK YOU TO CRITIQUE MY CHOICHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the questions pertain to this so unless you want to help I strongly suggest you shut the f up.

Sorry about that but there is a ton of informative people on these forums but there always has to be a couple of opinionated "Removed Conent" that piss people off.

Oh and by the way I already own an APEX and my question that asks about how tight the adapter is means I don't always want the APEX tip on there genuis. I also play in woods where it is impossible to long ball.

hey, you need to relax and stop flaming. you asked for opinions and help. they give you their opinions and help, and you get upset....seriously, you need to rethink your ways...also, dont bypass the swear filter. it is there for a reason...

edit: please don't copy the bypass when you quote him, at least edit it out or something. thanks -lego

This post has been edited by Legato: 22 May 2007 - 02:18 AM

#8 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:25 AM

View PostSuppresive Fire, on May 21 2007, 04:51 PM, said:

Sorry about that but there is a ton of informative people on these forums but there always has to be a couple of opinionated "Removed Content" that piss people off.

Guys chill out. If he wants to do it, so be it. Offer advice, don't slam him. Suppressive fire, no need to flame back. Everyone just chill out ok... Anyways.... A few people on this forum use an apex on their blazers. I had my cocker apex turned down to use on my blazer. But didnt feel right using aluminum on my blazer. So i need to buy the pps adaptor. Millslane has used his apex with pps adaptor on his barrel and loved it. If you go to the POG you can find a few others too. I like the apex not for the long ball, but for the flat shot. That is my fave part. I could care less about 300 ft shots on setting 8....who is dumb enough to get into a shoot out at that range. I just like the nice flat shot so at 50-100' i dont have to adjust for angle. I'm lazy, what can i say. Totally throws me off though when i go back to a pump. :ninja:

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on May 21 2007, 11:00 PM, said:

Well I just looked up the APEX adapter sleeve at the Underground Mod Shop. From my understanding you can remove the APEX tip after you installed it on the adapter. You will also need to have the adapter custom milled in order for it to fit over the PPS brass barrel.

I would still contact the UMS to verify that you can remove the APEX tip after it has been installed over the adapter.

PPS makes an adaptor specifically for their brass barrels. It adjusts with two nylon set screws. At UMS you need to give them an EXACT measurement of the OD of your barrel. People gave rough ones, and cause they were off by the tiniest hair, it made the adaptor too loose, and it would slide off. If you do go through UMS, get a set of calipers and get the exact OD down to the smallest digit you can. I plan on just getting the pps one, cause then i can use it on my blazer and my super stocker too, if i am bored.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#9 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:30 AM

View PostBlueDragonX, on May 21 2007, 09:12 AM, said:

No.

Not at all.

The Apex can be turned off, so you can get your extreme accuracy when you need it. Unlike the standard apex barrel, which is just an aluminum honed tube. Putting a standard apex barrel on a blazer is a bad idea
But then you can turn it on to get the flat range for suppressive fire. The blazer is an incredibly fast mech, which makes it great for suppressing large groups, and an apex will only help this.

It's a great idea, so great PPS made their own adapter for their barrels

#10 User is offline   DaggerBurn 

• scratch kitty scratch
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kohburn

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:01 AM

View PostLegato, on May 22 2007, 04:25 AM, said:

People gave rough ones, and cause they were off by the tiniest hair, it made the adaptor too loose, and it would slide off. If you do go through UMS, get a set of calipers and get the exact OD down to the smallest digit you can. I plan on just getting the pps one, cause then i can use it on my blazer and my super stocker too, if i am bored.[/color]

I gave them a measurement from certified calipers accurate to 1/1000 of an inch and it still slides off if i don't ocassionlly pull it back on. and that is after using some sandpaper to rough up the barrel tip to keep it on better. next step is to find a glue that works with delrin.

#11 User is offline   Suppresive Fire 

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:52 PM

I'm sorry about how I acted guys.
Legato- It will never happen again I promise

Palmers does make their own adapters specifically made for their barrels and there are nylon setscrews to hold it on the barrel.

What about the porting or venting as palmers calls it? Does it do anything for accuracy or is it just the sound thats affected?

Also, is there any accuacy difference between the 12 and 14in?

Thanks,
- Suppresive Fire

#12 User is offline   fliegendaffe 

• The Paintball Monkey
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fliegendaffe

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:01 PM

could someone just post a picture of their PPS barrel with the porting plz?

i actually just purchased the 15" barrel with single porting....i wanted the 16" but didn't want to spend that much more and i was able to get the 15" for the same price as the 14"

This post has been edited by fliegendaffe: 22 May 2007 - 01:02 PM

#13 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:05 PM

PPS says their porting does not effect accuracy, just sound. Which is true for all barrels

#14 User is offline   Suppresive Fire 

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2007 - 05:23 PM

Nice, its cheaper without porting and it will make my A-5 sound even more beastly.

I think I'm gonna go with the 12in. Could someone post actual test result of a Brass at a specific range, from what I hear they sound amazing but I'm the kind of person that makes decisions based on cold hard evidence.

Thanks for puttin up with me guys!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users