Special Ops Paintball: DUMB REFFS!!!!! and how not to be one - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DUMB REFFS!!!!! and how not to be one tips for prosebective reffs and how hard the job is Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   ironwasp 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ironwasp

Post icon  Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:46 PM

I find it kind of funny that you would say if your a pro you shouldnt grab your marker and jump into a game. the definition of a pro anything infers you get paid to do what you do. i would love to see a ref jump in a game at a nppl event (HAHa). yes i reffed for several differant fields for various reasons they all did things differant. when i ref tournaments i do not bring a gun and i get credit for paint to use later or items for gear. When i ref rec ball if we have enough refs we rotate in and ought of games. The owner is good about getting us field time when he can. Sometimes im at a disadvantage to the younger refs though and have to handicap my play so the paying customers are not anililated. today me and one other ref took on 7 younger players. (they asked us) even though we handicapped ourselves (we carried no extra pods) we still won. theyhad a blast though cause they realize you can only get bettter by playing better players. yes reffing is hard work and most of us will never financially be sufficiently compensated for what we do, maybe someday you'll realize that introducing individuals to a sport you love and the satisfaction of a job well done just has to be enough. I would also talk to the field owner and make sure you agree on what your resposibilitys are and what you should expect in return. If you dont like what they have to say its your option to quit. I have had to take a few weekends off myself once in a while just cause the owner was a little more demanding than i could handle. (it puts it into prospective sometimes when they realize how much we actually do for them). Hey if you just had to blow off some steam no prob just do it here dont take it to the field!! (when i get payed to play i'll take paintball more serious)
i will give up my marker only after you pry my cold rigid fingers from the trigger

#17 User is offline   emr_ambush_alpha67 

• ambush AkA the law
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ambush_alpha67

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:52 AM

seriesly lets drop it. read what i posted befor you make one up. i was asked by the person holding the party and my boss told me to do it to let them have some fun. tehy aprechiated it. we got no tips that day but we got free hot meals for working from the group leader. like i sadi it was the last game of the day and they needed help. we wernt there to ref a serieous game, we were there to make sure they have fun.
~RIP~ Owego Outlaws
NJ TITANS!!! HOW WE ROLLL!!!! SOOOOOUUUTTTHHHH SSSIIIDDDEEE!!!!
~I AM THE SLINKEY~

#18 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:52 AM

Yeah, if the day's not all that busy the refs where I play rotate matches so they can get a chance to play.

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users