Combat Roles Pointman, Leader Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   OSinsOgre 

• Ogre kills humans - Live at 5 on Action News
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:GRENDEL THE OGRE

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:36 AM

View PostSANDMAN26, on Jun 7 2005, 11:49 AM, said:

I was thinking about this just the other day, while I was playing a big game.

Heres what happened
My team got bogged down by a group of well entrenched OpFor, so I took of to the side to try and flank. The only side I could move on was to the right, it was a valley, and a bunch of newbs were sitting on the far side, while the aggressive guys on my team were getting shot going over the top on the other side.

I play dagger a lot, but I combined it with commander there, I started screaming at all the newbs just sitting on the opposite side watching their team get shot up. I brought about 40 + of them over to the top of the next hill, then charged up over the top and started blasting OpFor left and right (they were crawling all over the top).

I soon realized everyone was still sitting below the edge, so I started yelling at them to move and shoot, and IT WORKED! We mobilized over the hill and whiped out the OpFor and pushed them all the way back to almost their insertion point!

that was my experience blending Point and Command, I thought it made a good combination.

Especially when you have Egotistic maniacs on your side who think they dont need to listen, just lead by example and yell a lot!

Nice Post about ambush and controls man, excellent stuff

In my experience I notice that most noobs just don't know what to do. Yea, yelling gets peoples attention. However, did you speak to them afterwards to explain that woodsball is not like airball in that sitting in one spot does not make a game? Get them to realize they have to move.

I also know of one old team-mate while playing recball with a bunch on newbie’s told them to make and advance using all the lovely military jargon and the kids had no clue what he said and sat there. He in his infinite wisdom decided to shoot them for not doing their job. Yeah, that made him very popular with the people playing. I am also certain that a few people will not play again either.

So keep in mind that yelling (even if you don't shoot your team) can upset people. I know it does me sometimes. So the after game time is very important to talk to these newbie’s to explain why you were yelling and what you needed them to do to win the game. This will make them more reactive and a simple look can save you from yelling and scare the heck out of a team if 40 people cross a hill guns blazing. You yelling at the top of your lungs before hand could give them fair warning and they could have wiped the 40 people out quickly too.

Other wise they will be like the three teenagers me and my buddy decimated in a game of speedball. They sat behind the bunker and shot blindly over while praying their paint hits people. Note: they said that woodsball is a waste of paint and the kid went through seven 140 round pods plus the hopper in speedball. ??? Yeah, a waste of paint alright. I only used half of my 350 round hopper to end the game in like 15 seconds. Poor kid, he was mugged by me in the front from 1/2 way up the field away and my buddy owned him with three hits to the back. Note this all took place at the same time. I had done let off the trigger and he was getting hit by my paint still in flight when my buddy "backed" him. I actually felt sorry for him, even the ref cringed when he saw that. Too bad he left before I could talk to him, try to give some knowledge on how to play and not be played.
. . . . . . .. . . .Well touchy moment over, oh well.

This post has been edited by OSinsOgre: 16 June 2006 - 09:40 AM

Proudly sponsored by My Girlfriend, Pay Check, Friends, Sheer Will. Why? Becuse I play paintball!

#47 User is offline   dominancebyben1 

• ^to aqua^
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:07 PM

that story about that kid dissing woodsball
thats karma, him getting full bunkerd at his own game after dissing you lol........ thats perfect

Proud member of the Jolly Green

#48 User is offline   K-Bar 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:K-Bar

Posted 08 August 2006 - 08:38 AM

View Postsnake eyes 88 usmc, on Jul 9 2005, 07:48 AM, said:

Everything I ever needed in life was issued to me by the Marine Corps, Everything I ever needed to know in life was instructed to by the Marine Corps. Here are some of the basic leadership principals of the Marine Corps it applies to many situations including the battlefield to buisness world. By following thease philosophies of Marine Corps leadership I have been able to be sucessfull in not the only Corps but the Civilain world as well.

The Leader is the Master Manipulater his job is essentially to get people to do things that they would normally not do otherwise. His job is to get others to forget about the inherient instincts of selfishness for the good of the whole. His job is to mould minds and attitudes. This is all done w/out anybody ever knowing that it's happening, a good leader will build a fluid moving coheasive team out of raw materials. The Raw materials will be hammered, forged, cast, and sculpted w/out realizing the change only untill one day they relize that everything fits right and they are a part of it somehow. He has a charisma that puts the minds of his men at ease and ln turn makes them suggestable to new concepts.

The 14 leadership traits are required intangible items that must be inside any and all who are capable of leading other men, they are easily remembered by the acronym- JJ DID TIE BUCKLE.
Judgement
Justice
Decisiveness
Integrity
Dependability
Tact
Initiative
Enthusiasm
Bearing
Unselfishness
Courage
Knowledge
Loyalty
Endurance

There are two leadership objectives:
The primary objective of leadership is mission accomplishment. This requires a goal-oriented approach. A leader must identify long-term goals for the team and the short-term steps the organization needs to take to achieve those goals.
The secondary objective of Leadership is troop welfare—which can also be described as team welfare or individual welfare. The leader must have empathy for the men he in charge of thier needs are his resposibilty and must have the ability to see through thier eyes and to make sure that the needs of those in the team are looked after ( note that this does not in many means pampering first the mission then the sleep ).

Leadership principles:
Develop a sense of responsibility among your Team- Understanding that the leader cannot can be everywhere all the time. The leader delegates responsibility among his entire team, an individual is now no longer left w/the burden of carrying the entire weight of the team and at the same time develops a trust and confidence amongst the team mambers. The leader must empower his men to make decisions and at the same time holds them accountable for the outcome of those decisions made.

Be technically and tactically proficient
All leaders are trained thoroughly in the mechanics of their job and have a deep understanding of the skills of their profession.

Make sound and timely decisions
Decisiveness and judgment must be one in the same.
The leader must be able to make quick and accurate decisions.

Keep Your men Informed
While it is true that time does not allow for an explanation of orders to tasks given at all instances, and is to be understood that subordinate given the order will carry it w/out an explanation this is not to say that your men should blindly follow you. When time is available, subordinates are told the “why” behind the orders. BY doing this the leader ensures that all his troops understand the goals of the team as well as how they fit into the overall scheme. Leaders talk to their troops often, even if it’s just to say that everything is going according to plan.

Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions
By taking on responsibility leaders show that they have confidence in their own abilities. When a leader make mistakes, they are bound my a moral sense to own up to it. Admitting to their mistakes shows integrity and maturity.

Ensure assigned tasks are understood, supervised and accomplished
The leader must be very specific about exactly what he needs done and who is responsible for its completion. Set deadlines, benchmarks and they follow up. Although you must be very specific about what needs done, the how of the task gets pushed as far down the chain of command as possible. This allows for a great deal of flexibility at the small unit level, as well as letting team memebers all the way down to the very bottom a chance at making a contributing decision that will help them grow and learn.

Train your men as a team
Unit co-heasion is a combinatio of trust, loyality, ability of team member to understand the function of each other. If a team has the best individuals in the world, it will be worthless if they don’t’ work together in a coordinated fashion. communication between all team members is essential. the leader must also spend time cross training so that each team member has an understanding of what members are responsible for and have enough compatence to fill the gap if another member is unable for any reason to accopmplish his duties.

Employ your team in accordance with its capabilities
The leader must be realistic about the personnel, time and resources he needs to accomplish the objectives of the team.

Set the example
This is the hallmark of the leadership principles.
If a leader is setting the example, he makes sound and timely decisions, and keeps his or her team informed, etc. To lead, one must stand as the shinning example of what is expected of the team, exemplifieng all standards that each team member desires to live up to.

One last thing to remeber is there is no such thing as natural leaders and followers. While it is true thst it is easier for some to assume the leadership role, a leader exists inside all men.
It is the job of the master manipulator to explore and harvest the potential of his men to become leaders themselves one day. Eventually one day you must step aside and relive your command to the man who will assume your duties, it is your obligation to those you lead to ensure you are putting the welfare and sucess of the team into the hands of someone who is most capable of fufiiling thease duties.

SEMPER FI BROTHER!!!! PREACH ON!!!

#49 User is offline   aquateenjunkie 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:aquateenjunkie

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:58 PM

!!! HAIL SATAN !!!
Chuck Norris, a cotton candy filled twinky and Aquateenjunkie walk into a bar. The building then immedietly explodes because it cannot contain that level of awesomeness.

Battlefront Paintball

Team Total Resistance

#50 User is offline   Stang  

• Invictus
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:13 PM

Thanks for the tips USMC, hopefully anyone after the Pointman position will be able to learn lots from the post.

#51 User is offline   HOUND1 

• VVVCheese Its!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AMRAAM11

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:24 PM

View PostPB Ghost, on Jun 6 2005, 08:05 PM, said:

that was a great post!

i would pin it but thats out of my control

i have two questions,

is a pointman a dagger (light rifleman)?

i think i fit the description of point man and have played it one spook and ambush and made a heroic diving effort to get the sniper out, i have played saber numerus times but i useualy play sniper, anyway

what kind of gun would be ideal for point man,

i have a 98c flatline three position car stock remote line rocket cock II,

and a 98c solid stock 14"stiffi barrel and rocket cock II

which should i use, and if i saved up what would i get?

I'm a sabre and don't play dagger much, but when I do, I take the red dot sight off my gun, and switch my 16" smart parts for a three inch stub (a 98c stock barrel that I chopped up w/ a hack saw. i didn't feel like spending money)
Posted Image

#52 User is offline   lildd60 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:lidd60

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:55 AM

This is a really good defintion of a team and it's pretty much ture.
Official sabre #807! WHOOP!
If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

#53 User is offline   Th3N3wM3ssiah 

• Shock and Awe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Charlie Delta

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:44 PM

Very Informative

If you want it to be real. The marines are looking for a few good men. Go play with them. ~Damifino

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users