#286 User is offline   SamSquanch 

• I kissed a girl & I liked it
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SamSquanch21

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

View PostCesar, on Oct 28 2008, 12:49 AM, said:

View PostZamamee, on Oct 28 2008, 12:07 AM, said:

I saw the picture and it does look photoshopped due to the shadows not being right at all.

Even putting a likely PS aside, it looks like a rapid prototype from a 3D printer anyway.

there was nothing wrong with the shadows!!!, everything looked as it should...trust me, ive dealt with enough light on photo shoots to know shadows well

and that definitely not rapid prototyping.....there were no printer lines...if anything it was either CNC'd of molded...and given Tippmanns production stye....its more than likely molded...

I agree. It's real. I'm looking at the pic right now.

#287 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

I don't know... I think it's a psyche-out by Tippmann...

Remember the teaser silhouette? It didn't have finger grooves, and the "picture" of the pistol has no rear sight, whereas the teaser pic does...

I think it's a little fishy...

Here's the teaser pic...
http://farm4.static....5cc1b2b60_o.jpg

I'm not allowed to post the actual pic am I?
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#288 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:03 PM

View Postthisissparta, on Oct 28 2008, 07:49 PM, said:

I don't know... I think it's a psyche-out by Tippmann...

Remember the teaser silhouette? It didn't have finger grooves, and the "picture" of the pistol has no rear sight, whereas the teaser pic does...

I think it's a little fishy...

Here's the teaser pic...
http://farm4.static....5cc1b2b60_o.jpg

I'm not allowed to post the actual pic am I?

PRO-TO-TYPE!

again, its not the final version.....so there will be changes

#289 User is offline   secure 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CSPPL Maverick

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:00 PM

I'll finally weigh in here on this. Before I do, I will state that I did help with some of the design of the Tippmann pistol. I shot the first working prototype, I worked with Tippmann staff on improving it, and saw the latest prototype last week.
The pictures that have been circulating appear to be accurate. They are of the prototype that I last saw, one that Tippmann was NOT allowing ANYONE to take pictures of. The prototype was also kept out of the public eye in what was thought to be a secure location (turns out this was wrong).
The prototype is exactly that, a prototype. It's not finished.
Some have suggested that it's not new technology on the inside. It is. It is a design unique to Tippmann. That's all I'm saying on that.
The 12 gram is front loading, and it's fast. Faster than any other front loading 12 gram changer out there.
The grip and ergonomics are excellent. When you hold it, not only does it feel comfortable, but the marker tracks more naturally in your hand than any other pistol currently on the market.
The barrel is a threaded barrel and there will be aftermarket barrels available.
There are some other features that make this a unique and different pistol.

And in closing, be understanding. This is not Tippmann b/s. How would YOU react if something uniquely yours was stolen from you?
Be patient, be understanding, and don't judge something till you see it and try it for yourself.
Thank you.

Matt 'Maverick' Watts
I've been playing for longer than you've been alive.. and I still haven't been comitted!!
Adrenaline A-Team: more than a paintball team, it's FAMILY:)
I have a Vice.... and I named her Miami....;)
Then I named my SP-1 'Sean'... get it?

#290 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• Accuracy through Volume of Fire!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowjackal

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:34 AM

Thanks Secure for the great info! I have been excited about this pistol since Tippmann first announced plans for it. After reading this post I can not wait to try one. I am very glad I waited and did not buy that Tac-9... Now, if only my Lapco BigShot barrel will fit on it... This will be a great addition to my paintball armory! The only negative thing I can say about this whole situation is that this theft seems to have delayed more details becoming available... Come on Tippmann, give us the rest of the details on this pistol!
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

Automags: Because only the best will do!

#291 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:57 AM

Thanks for the info Secure. I'll probably end up picking one up as well.

#292 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:07 AM

I'd be changing my screenname "secure". Let's see if "oops" is available. :P

Meh- I'm not a Tippmann fan and doubt that I'd be impress with it. However I do believe Tippmann has one of the best customer services and is well known for being fair to their customers. So in that aspect I believe that Tippmann deserves the courtesy of the paintball community in helping them overcome this mishap.

#293 User is offline   FlamingoChavez 

• (insert title here)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rooster45

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:32 AM

View Postslinkyaroo, on Oct 29 2008, 11:07 AM, said:

I'd be changing my screenname "secure". Let's see if "oops" is available. :P

Meh- I'm not a Tippmann fan and doubt that I'd be impress with it. However I do believe Tippmann has one of the best customer services and is well known for being fair to their customers. So in that aspect I believe that Tippmann deserves the courtesy of the paintball community in helping them overcome this mishap.

I would feel differently if they made ANY KIND of effort to disseminate info to the community. No news release on their site, or anything even mentioning anything being stolen. Everything that we've been getting has been totally unofficial and second hand. I feel sorry that they got something stolen from them, but they've handled it like idiots. Here's a suggestion, make a press release and link to it on their site saying:
1) that something was, in fact, stolen
2) what was stolen (so we put that whole thing to rest)
3) offering some kind of reward would be awesome (and work well)... I bet if they offer a regular production pistol for anyone that has info leading to the culprit's capture they can get everybody on the look out.

This doesn't seem like brain surgery...

Maybe its just me, but the loss of a prototype isn't like loosing a family member. Move on, do what you need to do to resolve the issue... sitting on your thumbs and clamming up while letting rumors run wild is a pretty dumb way to get this problem solved... unless, of course, they want to build hype which is why I'm starting to get suspicious.

#294 User is offline   secure 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CSPPL Maverick

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:24 PM

I agree Chavez, but I don't work for Tippmann either, I just consult with those companies that want my input (otherwise I would be changing my screename to 'opps'..lol)
I wish I could post more, but until I get the 'go-ahead' from the powers-that-are at Tippmann, I'm not about to violate the confidentiality agreement I signed :)
I've been playing for longer than you've been alive.. and I still haven't been comitted!!
Adrenaline A-Team: more than a paintball team, it's FAMILY:)
I have a Vice.... and I named her Miami....;)
Then I named my SP-1 'Sean'... get it?

#295 User is offline   josef_k 

• WWII mod-o-holic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Josef_K

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:02 PM

View Postsipbgod94, on Oct 27 2008, 06:03 PM, said:

Can everyone who's calling it cheap and ugly looking try and at least read a few pages of this post, that was supposedly a picture of the PROTOTYPE meaning it maybe be non working or a number of other things its clear that it is mostly a plastic clamshell as of now.

For Tippmann to be able to come up with a cost-effective design, it's very likely that they will have resorted to needing to go with an injection-molded plastic-based design to reach the price point that will maximize profitability and manufacturability; I wouldn't be at all surprised if that is a rapid prototype at all. Although nearly everybody I know hated them (either out of principle or becuase they tried using one with CO2 during winter and encountered the corresponding results), my experiences indicated that the Triumph has manufacturing tolerences and a fit and finish quality that puts the 98C, A5 and X7 to shame. Just becuase plastic was/is used doesn't make the quality of the product cheap; the manner in which the material is selected and utilized (properly versus improperly) is what will dictate how good or bad that the final product turns out.

View PostCesar, on Oct 27 2008, 09:49 PM, said:

and that definitely not rapid prototyping.....there were no printer lines...if anything it was either CNC'd of molded...and given Tippmanns production stye....its more than likely molded...

A lack of ridges (or "printer lines") doesn't mean it wasn't made via a rapid prototyping process nor does not using a traditional 3D printer mean that it wasn't created via a rapid prototyping process. Most rapid prototypes that make it to the point of being seen by the public get hand-finished to remove any ridges, braces, or other artifacts of an SLA or SLS machine. Additionally, rapid prototyping processes now exist that are best described as "tool-less casting" prototypes and can be done with both metals and polymers.

I'm content to wait and see how the as-released product turns out; to me, the idea of having to manipulate more than one location to facilitate reloading contradicts the purpose of going to a grip-frame-located magazine. I'd rather have a fully self-contained magazine to exchange for the purpose of reloading, not separate magazines and gas cartridges.

This post has been edited by josef_k: 29 October 2008 - 07:10 PM

There are 101 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who just can't count.

#296 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:26 PM

View Postjosef_k, on Oct 29 2008, 10:02 PM, said:

to me, the idea of having to manipulate more than one location to facilitate reloading contradicts the purpose of going to a grip-frame-located magazine.

I think its more for the coolness factor, milsim looks, and size. You can make it a bunch smaller if you don't have a row of balls sitting ontop of the marker.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#297 User is offline   M. Deth 

• Motopsycho
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MOTOPSYCHO

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:22 AM

So, It seems that this pistol probably would have been out by now if it hadn't been stolen. Thanks to that person for making us wait longer. I guess maybe it could be a hype thing, but I think it probably was stolen. I'm not trying to justify the theft, but at the same time, why did Tippmann leave a Secret Prototype gun laying around where it could be stolen? Why did Tippmann have a Secret Prototype at a major event like that anyways? They have done it before. I remember before the Cyclone was released, the Tippmann guys got photographed with a Secret Prototype loader mounted to the side of the gun. There was a lot of hype about that too. Bottom line, if it's secret, keep it hidden...
"Born to bleed, fighting to succeed, built to endure what this world throws at me." - Hatebreed
Special Ops Brigade ID - 161556
Tunka.com - Join over 1600 Denver area players for FREE National Forest games.

#298 User is offline   Spike21 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPIKE21

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:32 PM

I just got an email and this is what it says

We at Tippmann are amazed at the number of posts and online discussions regarding the pistol we will be launching soon. Recently, an unauthorized photo was taken and then distributed on the web. We have asked a number of web sites to take down the prototype photo because of the poor image quality. As a T-Mail user, we are showing you for the first time a new shot of the pistol which is closer to how the final production version will look. But, please bear in mind this is still a prototype.

As a quick update to the pistol design, notice that the CO2 cartridge is located just beneath the barrel. It is not part of the magazine. This helps improve air efficiency, reduces the size of the grip and allows us to provide additional magazines at a great value. When completed, our pistol will have its own unique look and set a new standard for the pistol category in performance and reliability.

Unfortunately, the launch has been delayed for a few months, but we want to thank you for your continued patience – we believe the TPX Pistol will be well worth the wait.

and it includes a photo of the marker.

This post has been edited by Spike21: 30 October 2008 - 02:47 PM

#299 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

Beat me too it lol..heres a new pic straight from Tippmann:

Posted Image

Looks alot better than the first pic. I still think the clamshell design is lame..but who knows..this could turn out nice. Regardless... Ill stick with the Tac8.

This post has been edited by Enhander: 30 October 2008 - 04:03 PM

#300 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

looks nice. I want one. :P

Share this topic:

• (58 Pages)
  • +
  • « First