• You cannot reply to this topic

Tac 8 as primary weapon Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   briggsey09 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Briggsey09

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:04 PM

Iv been considering for a while now playing large scenario games with just a Tac 8 pistol. Im generally a runner and often run flags and could sometimes do without a gun at all when im running the flag. But I deff do need to have a gun on me to actually play paintball and because most fields rules say you cant run flags without a gun. I like the idea of the tac 8 because its incredibly light and can just be strapped to my leg when i do runs. ALso i would use less paint (a major issue when paint expenses are my major concern about getting back into paintball) i was wondering what you guys though about going in with just a tac 8 and 5 mags or so. i may later when i get more cash get an x7 to use sometimes and keep the tac 8 as secondary. is the tac 8 a good enough gun to rush people with if i need it to? how accurate is it within its given range? and do you think it would be effective in dagger sort of roles like running flags and maybe sometimes rushing bunkers. also how reliable is the tac 8? will it be able to handle going through mud, or rain and possibly hitting things or falling?

#2 Guest_PhantomSniper1_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:32 PM

The Tiberius 8 sounds like a great marker, the only things that seem to be bad about it are the slow reloading (Not switching magazines, filling them) and the boxy grip. Also if your a lefty you may be in trouble. It would work great as a primary marker. However, you said something about the X7, I do not reccomend that marker, go for anything AGD, you won't regret it. Now, being a CCI customer I'm obligated to tell you that the Micro Dropout Pistol Phantom is MUCH lighter, more accurate at a further range, and much cheaper. You can check it out here, it's at the bottom of the page. Here is a picture:

Posted Image

If your intrested in taking up stock class paintball just hit up the Pump Discussion Thread in the Paintball Related section of the Library on this forum. Or PM me. We've got cookies!

#3 User is offline   CON*RAD 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CON*RAD

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:32 AM

well there is a new BT gun comming out that is supposed to be very light and tight. its called the tm7. You can check it out on BT's website. It is not in production yet and hard to say what its capabilities are. I think it would be a great flag runners gun, just put a sling on it. Slings helps a ton for runners.
And if you are a tippmann fan well you should wait and see what there new marker will look like. It is supposed to be a sidearm (Handgun). It will probabily compete with the tiberius 8.
AGD- "because quality always shoots straight"

pump player

SOUP

#4 User is offline   briggsey09 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Briggsey09

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

thanks for the replies. I think ill wait for the newest markers to come out and then see my options. Ill also get more money in this time so that should help too. iv considered going with a pump gun before but as a sniper. i like the idea of sniper but i dunno if im patient or sneaky enough to get that close to someone without them knowing.

#5 Guest_PhantomSniper1_*

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:41 PM

Pumps arn't only for Snipers, pumps shoot just as far as a semi so there's no need to get close. I wouldn't a marker in it's 1st year of production, the company will still be working out the kinks.

#6 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 15 June 2008 - 10:00 PM

The Tac is is fairly accurate. you can get a longer barrel for it that has a mock silencer. i'm not sure how good that barrel is though. The Tac 8 has a very smooth action. It uses 3 sears in tandem. It can be a bit of a pain to clean and do maintenance on but its defintely a solid marker. When my financial siutation is more stable later this year, I am planning on purchasing a 2nd tac 8 along with several magazines as well as the toolless adapter 12 gram changer for the magazines. I plan on playing dual pistols.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#7 Guest_PhantomSniper1_*

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:09 PM

Yeah, I definantly recommend the Tac 8 over any first year of production marker, the Tac 8 has been established as a good marker and it's been on the market for a couple years...Allthough the Phantom is WAY better. :P

#8 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:15 PM

i would suggest a phantom as well but not the micro. A full sized phantom weighs practically nothing. That would ideal for me (why i bought a pump :P )

The tac-8 is a very solid marker. Team fear has a review under their media - vids - marker reviews http://fearpaintball.net/ . Its a good marker, the grip is huge though. If you have big hands get it.
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#9 User is offline   B.S. Rastamon 

• Da Pizza making Sniper m on
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DABENZ

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:26 PM

Since your just a runner a T8 is a good choice. but if your get under fire having the T9 elite upgrades that hook on in seconds, can help you if you need more firepower.

I like cookies

#10 Guest_PhantomSniper1_*

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:31 PM

View PostB.S. Rastamon, on Jun 16 2008, 03:26 PM, said:

Since your just a runner a T8 is a good choice. but if your get under fire having the T9 elite upgrades that hook on in seconds, can help you if you need more firepower.

Dude, that would take so much time to convert a Tac 8 into a T-9 "Rifle". Unless you weren't going to throw on a hopper and constant air, then there's no point though. Also, how are you going to carry the hopper around, and what's the point if you don't want a bulky setup? He probably doesn't plan on getting into firefights, he probably runs through them, to the flag, and back through them.

This post has been edited by PhantomSniper1: 16 June 2008 - 03:35 PM

#11 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:34 PM

The Tiberius guns are NOT appropriate for sustained field use. You cannot change the 12-gram without tools on these guns, and the magazines only hold 8 rounds and are very slow to reload. Either you have to shell out a LOT of money for LOTS of magazines and change them often, or you're out of luck. Also, they don't point correctly due to the magazine which distorts the grip shape and angle. They balance wrong and don't aim naturally, and holster poorly due to all the weight in the grip. In my experience, they're bad guns overall (I owned a Tac8 with 2 mags. I replaced it with a Zeus). A better choice would be a Zeus pistol, or even an old Tippmann Pro Carbine with a gravity or Ricochet AK hopper. The Carbine is lightweight and compact. The Zeus isn't light, though it holsters well and performs excellently.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 16 June 2008 - 03:50 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#12 Guest_PhantomSniper1_*

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:40 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Jun 16 2008, 03:34 PM, said:

The Tiberius guns are NOT appropriate for sustained field use. You cannot change the 12-gram without tools on these guns, and the magazines only hold 8 rounds and are very slow to reload. Either you have to shell out a LOT of money for LOTS of magazines and change them often, or you're out of luck. In my opinion, they're bad guns overall. A better choice would be a Zeus pistol, or even an old Tippmann Pro Carbine with a gravity or Ricochet AK hopper. Either one of these are extremely lightweight and compact, and will work far better than either Tiberius gun.

He said in the first post that he had the coin to buy a few magazines...Weither it's worth it or not? It's up to the buyer. I really don't like the Zues' either, they are also thought lowly of because of their reload time, heavyness, grips, and accuracy. Not to mention the manual... :P . I really am liking the idea of the Pro Carbine though, that would be cheap, light, and compact. But, like I have said, buy a Phantom.

#13 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:53 PM

I stuck a quick cap on my Zeus G1. How fast can it be? Pull the quick cap, dump a 10-round tube in, close it. Every 20 shots, change 12-grams. It's about as fast as fumbling with the magazine. Trust me, having used both, I'd never use a Tac8 ever again.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 16 June 2008 - 03:54 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#14 User is offline   Shadow Sparda 

• Trust me. I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow Sparda

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:56 PM

Go Phantom or Pro Carbine. Heck. Take the best of both worlds and go for a PGP. Or better yet, try everything you possibly can and then make your decisions. I just traded my Tac 8 for a Phantom today, so I'll compare the two later this week. For me, the Tac 8 does have a monster of a grip (coming from a guy with 8" long hands). It is a nice gun though. Accurate for the barrel length, especially if you have a good paint to barrel match (All-Star paintballs fit mine like glove). As said, it can be a pain to clean, but once you get the hang of it, it's simple. For quicker reloading, I cut 10 round tubes down to 8, which made the process much easier. At least get 2 mags if you do go with the Tac 8, as you usally only get about 24 rounds (3 mags worth) of shots before the air pressure does a nosedive. Warden was headed in the right direction with a Pro Carbine too, if you are looking to possibly put money elsewhere. Fixing a stick feed on one wouldn't be too hard, and they are extremely reliable and durable, plus take most A5 threaded barrels. All in all though, it's just personal preference, and our help can only take you so far.
My Feedback

"So screw that. I ain't dying" - Tree Fitty
You're right bub. You've got a whole community who will never let that happen. In your memory. In your honor.

#15 User is offline   Cassius Allanus 

• Your God
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CassiusAllanus

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:22 PM

I have to support the Tiberius 8 here. On Saturday I used a 9 in pistol mode for most of the day and it performed beautifully. Easy to point, great accuracy, all that good stuff. And 4 magazines were more than enough for me. In fact, just by picking my shots and relying on accuracy over volume, in all but one game I only needed 2 magazines. The exception was a game where I needed 3, but that was no issue since I have 4 total.
AIM: CassiusAllanus | MSN: Brendon.Allan@shaw.ca | XFire: enlighteneddespot | E-MAIL: Brendon.Allan@shaw.ca | ESO2: HG_CassiusA | Steam: cassiusallanus

The OFFICIAL Tiberius Arms forums are up!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users