• You cannot reply to this topic

Red dot sights oh the choices

#1 User is offline   Dman Noel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Dman Noel

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

Ok, so i've been trying to find a good red dot sight for my marker i want something that is going to function well at low lights, survive hit after hit from paintballs, and something thats acctually going to help me hit what i'm pointing at.
So i thought well it shouldn't be that hard i mean whats there going to be 20 or 30 different kinds of medium range red dot sights? Well, as it turns out theres hundreds and every single one of them has some great different attribute thats going to quote unquote "greatly improve my accuracy". So i decided to do some research and figure out what all these terms, numbers. and acronyms mean and after much deliberating and searching of the internet i've made it hardly anywhere. That's why I'm coming here for help maybe someone who's had plenty of experience and has used different kinds of sights could tell me what they have found to be the best for a paintballer. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated thank you :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Dman Noel: 22 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

christian paintballer

#2 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

I'm a fan of the no mag holo type sights. For paintball you really don't need magnification at all, and a red dot will get you to the general target area well enough
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#3 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:58 PM

Go look some up on eBay - I bought one from Hong Kong for $20, and shipped it to Canada for less than shipping costs from the U.S. (NAFTA ftw?). I've brought it out with me 3 times, and have used it 12 hours or so - batteries are somehow still good, and it's aluminum so a paintball isn't going to wreck it.

If you're interested, they are apparently also selling replica holosights for pretty cheap too ($35) - but I can't vouch for those.

This is the style I bought:

Calibration is pretty solid; with my J and J it's quite consistent - even after taking it off to take apart my marker and putting it back on in the same general area.
I like that it isn't just dots, I use a reticle similar to one I remember back in the days of Unreal Tournament 2004 :rolleyes:

#4 User is offline   Dman Noel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:00 PM

View Postcdrinkh20, on May 22 2010, 03:58 PM, said:

Go look some up on eBay - I bought one from Hong Kong for $20, and shipped it to Canada for less than shipping costs from the U.S. (NAFTA ftw?). I've brought it out with me 3 times, and have used it 12 hours or so - batteries are somehow still good, and it's aluminum so a paintball isn't going to wreck it.

If you're interested, they are apparently also selling replica holosights for pretty cheap too ($35) - but I can't vouch for those.

Calibration is pretty solid; with my J and J it's quite consistent - even after taking it off to take apart my marker and putting it back on in the same general area.
I like that it isn't just dots, I use a reticle similar to one I remember back in the days of Unreal Tournament 2004 :P

I like the look of that one alot, the option of diff reticles would be really nice. Is it easy to see if your playing in low lights like in pretty heavy woods? and will it mount onto a base 98 custom?

christian paintballer

#5 User is offline   Hubb 

• Let's do dis!!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Hubb

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:06 PM

I've got one of these on my A5. It's a Centerpoint dot sight with red and green adjustable brightness and goes for about 50 bucks at Walmart. Mine has taken at least 3 different hits with paintballs and I can wash it with just water.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:37 PM

Use the sight that all Specops snipers use, and myself. The hallo panorama bed-24 electro dot sight. Amazing. I will write more about it later.

#7 User is offline   Dman Noel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:19 PM

I really like NCstar's sights but I'm torn between wether to get an open red dot sight like this one or a closed red dot like this Anyone used either of these?

christian paintballer

#8 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:33 PM

I have that open holo type. I love it. I've used one similar to the closed tube and didn't like it as much, to me it took away too much peripheral vision. I'd rather have a holo type cause it's simple to use both eyes open for quick snap shots
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#9 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:48 PM

View PostDman Noel, on May 22 2010, 08:00 PM, said:

View Postcdrinkh20, on May 22 2010, 03:58 PM, said:

I like that it isn't just dots, I use a reticle similar to one I remember back in the days of Unreal Tournament 2004 :P

I like the look of that one alot, the option of diff reticles would be really nice. Is it easy to see if your playing in low lights like in pretty heavy woods? and will it mount onto a base 98 custom?

The light is pretty bright, I can see it in all but the brightest sunlight - I'm sure it'd be perfect in a darker area.

As for open vs. closed red dots, the open one (as I posted) will be more open to the sun, which can make it harder to see the dot (only in BRIGHT light; if you are aiming at something dark and not looking into the sun it'll be fine)...a closed tube will protect some from sunlight making it harder to see, but it will take away some of your peripheral vision.

And yes, it will mount on a base 98c (I have an older one without picatinny rails)...just take off the front mounting screw, for some reason they made it lower than the back one so it runs into the secondary rail...but the back screw by itself holds it on very tight just the same.

EDIT: Btw, the one from Hong Kong appears to be the same as the NCStar...you never know, lots of manufacturers produce their stuff out of the country. So you may be getting the same product for less from China on eBay.

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 23 May 2010 - 12:50 PM

#10 User is offline   Dman Noel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:53 PM

Well just ordered the Ncstar 4 reticle red/green dot sight should be here in a few days cost 32 dollars shipped on amazon can't wait till it gets here thanks for the help guys

christian paintballer

#11 User is offline   House of Daggers 

• Arrogance has to be earned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:killasnipr

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:35 AM

I use a BSA 40mm red dot sight that I got 2 years ago for around $40 and its still got the original battery. It has 11 different brightness settings and its taken many hits.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users