Special Ops Paintball: Canada Monarchy or Republic? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Canada Monarchy or Republic? Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Monarchism or Republicanism? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you think Canada should subscribe to?

1. Monarchism? (10 votes [52.63%])

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

2. Republicanism? (9 votes [47.37%])

Percentage of vote: 47.37%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   82ndx 

• Facta Non Verba
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:82ndx

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:40 PM

Hello,

Seems to be a busy night here on the forum so I decided to make a little poll although I am not sure how much play this one will get. This will probably more interesting for Canadians but please Americans are more than welcome to contribute. In light of the paper I am writing, the poll/thread is on the debate Republicanism or Monarchism in Canada. Republicanism, in short is the system that America runs on. Monarchism is the current way Canada governs and long story short, it is described by Canada sharing ties with England, including our Head of State being the Queen of England among other things. So I ask you, which do you think would be better for Canada and why?

Doug

#2 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:47 PM

keep it the way it is
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#3 User is offline   SamSquanch 

• I kissed a girl & I liked it
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SamSquanch21

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:13 AM

I don't follow politics that much but i think it should be left the way it is. We can get rid of the queen though, she doesn't do anything for us. I have had just about enough of her on the back of my quarters its time for something new, like Celin Dion. I also think canada needs to adust some of the trade agreement like the US can come within 10 miles of our shore to fish commercially but canadian owned fisheries can only go within 200 miles of US shoreline Dirty Acronym is that about?

#4 User is offline   jolly giant 

• d(-_-)b
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:jolly giant

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:33 AM

I would have to say that the way you are portraying Canadian government is misinformed. While Canada does share ties to England the queen is merely a figurehead. The political process lies with parliment and the governer general. but for the sake of arguement i would say keep it as it is although it would be better if we didnt have so many political parties, for if we only had the 2 then there wouldnt be a chance of someone like Dion and Layton trying to overthrow the government like they attempted.

#5 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:15 AM

Bingo, jolly green. The queen is a "Head of State," a purely ceremonial role just like in modern England, or the Emperor in Japan. Head of Government is still elected democratically. Is it technically a monarchy? Well, they have a queen, so maybe. But only if you're looking at that part of the picture -- really it's a functioning parliamentary republic.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#6 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:25 AM

Ive always wanted a king as a neighbor....
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#7 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:16 PM

Republic!

If you guys were a true monarchy anyway. :P
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

#8 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

we are a terrible monarchy, but we would be worse if we went full republic.
lets be honest, I cant wait for a Canadian revolution. we can throw our hockey sticks and curling rocks at our prime minister untill he figures out that not only does everyone hate him. but he has no friends. and we dont want another tax increase on our hydro bills.

our PM just spent 2 days sucking up to Obama and got what out of it? nothing.

IMO: if your the leader of a country is becuase your a respresentation of the people of that country. meaning without the people paying you your dumb taxes you would not exist.

and yet its been flipped on us, now the PM gets all his cash and doesnt worry about the country.
I swear he goes around jabbering about his almighty plan to save us 5% on our water bills and then hikes our electricity bills by 10% without telling anyone.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 01 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

#9 User is offline   tubby ted 

• stick it to the man
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tubby ted

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

Since when was Canada a monarchy?

EDIT: Read the thread, I get it now.

This post has been edited by tubby ted: 01 March 2009 - 06:26 PM

"The speakers on the outside are a nice touch... soundtrack to the mayhem"-I.K.E
"Only someone too bloody stupid to tell the difference between a cat & a fish would ever join PETA anyway...." -The Stuntman
Music is like candy... You should always throw away the rappers
VIVA LA CHRISTMAS REVOLUTION!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users