Special Ops Paintball: "Tripwire" from t8og stole my money. - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

"Tripwire" from t8og stole my money. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Deadly Milkman 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:14 PM

Well this happened back in August (6 months ago) so I don't remember all of the exact details (have them in emails/files but not gonna look them up right now)..

basically I'm sure many of you guys have experienced some issues with getting your order and/or money back from Tripwire who ran the t8og forums and "tactical customs" online shop. I originally payed him $300 flat for an item after which about probably 4 weeks or so he was getting an increasingly bad rap from everyone and the online shop shut down due to difficulties of whatever sort..

Well I filed a PayPal dispute and "won"... they didn't get me all my money back all I got back was $17.95 which was all that was in Tim Elder (Tripwire) account at the time.

Since then he has been telling me constantly that "payments have been sent" and "will be sent" and all excuses that you can think of to delay in hopes of (I guess) me forgetting that he still has $282.05 of my money..

So he owed me $282.05 up until today.. when I got a money order in the mail..

$282.05 money order? nope..
$200 money order? nope..
$150? nope..
$100? nope..
50? nope...

Posted Image

$25 WHAT THE HELL

Not once did he tell me he was only sending TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS. Now he owes $257.05!

Posted Image

on the left of the money order where it says 'memo' it says "Partial payment for t8og items" so I figure he is meaning to pay the rest back but holy crap when????.. I won't be living in my house in 6 months I'm shipping off for Army basic!

This just turned even more ridiculous than it already was..which I didn't think was possible. ...will update post w/ his reply email (he tends to avoid those too unless I keep nagging him)

UPDATE 1/29Finally got the rest of my money, leaving this thread up though.

This post has been edited by Deadly Milkman: 29 January 2009 - 02:01 PM

#2 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:35 PM

wow dude I'm sorry is there anything legally you might be able to do?
Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

#3 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:49 PM

I didn't speak up at the time; I was the one who told everyone to just be quiet and ignore it when it happened, but...

There's another incident that comes to mind with T8OG. Anyone remember the contest for new members? Guy with most referrals gets a new T9?

Yeah, that one. The winner never got it. He was going to use it as a door prize at a charity scenario and include a plug for the T8OG forum with it.

When he told me about it and what he intended to say to Tripwire, I told him it'd be best to just not advertise for T8OG at the event and let it go - after all, no cash was lost and we don't need negative publicity on our event.

He agreed, and it was carried out successfully last July.

The only reasons I've broken the agreed upon silence are it has now become clear to me this was not a one-time issue and there is no negative publicity to gain against the charity event/the event organizers.
Member of Team Akkadian

#4 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

This is NOT the first time I've heard this about Tripwire. IIRC there was at least one person on T8OG who paid for a Scythe Trigger or whatever they call it, and he never got it, no refund, nothing. Seems Tripwire likes to make a habit of these things.

#5 User is offline   Ecellg 

• Landing gear 25' from plane.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ecellg

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

Tell him the money is at 600% interest if he does not get it to you within 15 business days..... then again.... he will probably just go mug some old lady to get it.
FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:
U.S. 3rd Mechanized Infantry Division/3rd Brigade 3-22 Infantry
NATO WILL Be Victorious This Next Year

#6 User is offline   Danger Dan 

• Team Desert Edge
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Danger Dan

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:23 PM

Dont be stupid anymore. Call his local Police Department and file a Police report.

Im not bagging on you with the stupid remark just stating that when you dont go through the available proper channels it is stupid. I know I did it the Stupid way and never got my money back. Then the next time I did it the correct way and got ALL my money back. No matter what he tells you follow through till you get paid.

#7 User is offline   Deadly Milkman 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

How does the process of filing a police report go down?.. i call them and what all has to be said/done?

#8 User is offline   scphantom9195 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scphantom9195

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

Tripwire is also a member here. User ID: tripwire97701

You have to contact his local PD and file a report. Explain all of the details. They should take it over the phone. You will be assigned a file number, and may be able to send supporting documents to the PD. When you get them on the phone they will expain what all you need to do.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

This post has been edited by scphantom9195: 16 January 2009 - 02:33 PM

"Only the strong survive. The weak are killed and eaten as fingerfood." SDI SSgt Patterson, USMC, Platoon 1077[/b]
My feedback http://forum.special...=1

www.okcompanypaintball.com

#9 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:59 PM

If you're going to file a police report, you better have all the written/electronic records between the two of you -- cops won't take a report on your word alone.

This includes discussions, contact information swapping, any form of agreement made, as well as receipts for any transactions.
Member of Team Akkadian

#10 User is offline   scphantom9195 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scphantom9195

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:45 PM

View PostThalion, on Jan 16 2009, 01:59 PM, said:

If you're going to file a police report, you better have all the written/electronic records between the two of you -- cops won't take a report on your word alone.

This includes discussions, contact information swapping, any form of agreement made, as well as receipts for any transactions.

Not true, they will take a report without any evidence. You will need any evidence if/when it goes to court.

This post has been edited by scphantom9195: 16 January 2009 - 06:11 PM

"Only the strong survive. The weak are killed and eaten as fingerfood." SDI SSgt Patterson, USMC, Platoon 1077[/b]
My feedback http://forum.special...=1

www.okcompanypaintball.com

#11 User is offline   Danger Dan 

• Team Desert Edge
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Danger Dan

Posted 18 January 2009 - 07:49 AM

^^ TRUE ^^

#12 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:21 AM

If you go to court it will probably be Small Claims. Check your yellow pages, find a lawyer that does a free consult and find out what you can do.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#13 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:35 AM

Have you ever seen the family guy where Brian owes Stewie money? If so, do what he did.

#14 User is offline   tripwire97701 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:45 PM

After this payment was sent we discussed when the rest of the funds would be received and it was agreed that this would be taken care of within 14 days, which it has. The bank has cut a payment to him for the remainder and he should be receiving it shortly once they mail it out on Monday, and he has already received the tracking number for it. Also, All people that ordered the trigger either got their money back or they received what they have ordered. If they didn't they need to contact me as I still have several of the black one's in stock, I've actually been giving them away for free.

#15 User is offline   Deadly Milkman 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:57 PM

^^... Uh.. maybe you forgot to give me the tracking number for this one?.. 'cause I didn't get it in that last email..

and as far as "agreed that this would be taken care of within 14 days..".. I didn't agree for it to take more than 3 weeks for a full refund, much less 6 months

...will post when I get the rest of my money

This post has been edited by Deadly Milkman: 24 January 2009 - 09:58 PM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users