• You cannot reply to this topic

A-5 breaking paint Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cromanelli 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:39 AM

Hello All,

I have a problem. I just got an A-5 and attempted to play with it on Saturday. Well needless to say I was breaking paint really bad. I purchased an Apex barrel and after about 20 shots I broke a ball in the barrell (I thought it was the barrels fault). I then switched over to the stock barrel and still I was breaking paint; and I'm not talking about one or two balls out of one hundred. I'm talking about breaking paint constantly. Finally I got a J+J cercramic and still the gun was breaking the paint. So my question is why was a brand new never used A-5 breaking paint non stop? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Also: I was using Ramp balls, which I'm under the impression is good paint.

This post has been edited by cromanelli: 23 October 2006 - 10:41 AM

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:35 AM

Well I just finished this kinda mystry on my A5.

if running hpa. The marker and cyclone become finicky at 1100 psi and under. Try CO2 and see if the problem is the same.

Check that the cyclone is working.

Even new a low battery will cause breaks.

#3 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:41 AM

We need to know a few things. Even under HPA, A5s should work with zero problems at 800psi or so, especially since most HPA tank manufacturers don't put their reg outputs higher than 800-900psi.

What is your setup? Are you completely stock, except for the barrel?
Did you put a stock on the marker? Did you put a reg on it?
What was the temperature when you were playing?
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#4 User is offline   LT.CDR.STINKY 

• Strategic Mastermind
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:LT.CDR.STINKY

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:44 AM

How come you're asking about the stock? What does that affect?
IPB Image

SplattOps SpecialOps Brigade Page My A5MP5
"Without ammunition, the USAF would be just another expensive flying club."

#5 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:48 AM

Believe it or not, the stock has a lot to do with velocity and pressure. Some stocks have a deep pocket for the drive spring...deeper than the stock backplate. Some have it tighter. This affects the tension on the spring, which (more often than not) lessens the pressure to the marker, and thus the cyclone. The cyclone doesn't feed fast enough, the bolt may chop the ball.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#6 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:28 PM

Jack you say no problems @ 800 psi. maybe on semi - but when I'm ripping I get problems under 1100 psi.

#7 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:35 PM

With a high ROF, and you're having pressure problems, that's a shootdown and recharge problem. Your marker is not recharging fast enough.

#8 User is offline   cromanelli 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:43 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the interest...I'm rocking HPA which is preset to 850 I believe. This is a complete stock setup except for the different barrels.
The temperature outside was about 58 degrees. All of the other folks with A-5 had no problems with their setups. In terms of the chopping I don't think it was a cyclone problem becuase I did not have any paint in my cyclone which leads me to believe it was feeding it fast enough.

It seemed like as soon as I broke the first ball all hell broke lose and every third or fourth ball would be a break. I was cleaning the barrels during games and in between games. I would get the barrel cleaned out in between games and then within the first ten shoots I would break a ball again and then I would break balls all game long. Very Frustrating considering I went with the A-5 for simplicities sake!

#9 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:48 PM

Given that, I'd suggest trying another brand of paint. Bad paint quality will be bad, no matter what marker it's in.

#10 User is offline   cromanelli 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:12 PM

that is just the thing...ramp is good paint

not to mention that the folks I was playing with were using ramp in their A-5's and shooting 7 BPS with no breaks.

#11 User is offline   LT.CDR.STINKY 

• Strategic Mastermind
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:LT.CDR.STINKY

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:16 PM

did they have the same barrel?
I'm thinking paint to barrel size match...
... would ramp be to big for your barrel?

#12 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:37 PM

I still suggest trying another brand of paint. Probably a smaller one like Marballizers.

#13 User is offline   GUN SLINGER 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:GUN SLINGER

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:07 PM

i have noproblems like that i use a a5 and hpa. works just fine.
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without u would still have good men doing good things and evil men doing evil things. But for good men to do evil things... That takes Religion

#14 User is offline   mchainmail 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mchainmail

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:28 PM

I think it's all down to the paint on this one.

#15 User is offline   basschamp167@yahoo.com 

• I Own the Short Bus.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Basschamp167@yahoo.com

Post icon  Posted 09 November 2006 - 03:17 PM

the same happened to me a few days ago, but i was playing in cold weather with monster balls and the flatline,
not a very good combo

This post has been edited by basschamp167@yahoo.com: 09 November 2006 - 03:17 PM

I Shoot to Wound
.I am a Meatloaf Fan.
Save our game! If you are honorable and play fair, put this in your sig!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users