World at War 2 April 18, 2009 Rate Topic: -----

#91 User is offline   Fets25 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Fets25

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

View Postblackcelldrumr15, on Apr 27 2009, 02:33 PM, said:

Did they raise their prices from WAW? I only paid 109 for WAW...and I got the premium paint.

Perhaps you pre-registered?

#92 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

That I did, but I thought they were talking about pre registering and it being that price? Maybe I read it wrong, I'll go look.

EDIT: Disregard my that....I'm dumb.

This post has been edited by blackcelldrumr15: 27 April 2009 - 08:07 PM

Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#93 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

The prices went up this year on the field fee for scenarios. It's $25 for pre-reg & $35 day-of (that's what it was for WaW) versus last years prices of $20 & $25. Two things contributed to this as I understand it: one was the amount of props & structures that are being added to the field for each scenario (those aren't free to construct) -- the second was they hope people will take advantage of the pre-reg savings so they can have a better idea ahead of time about how many players to plan for.

In all honesty, the paint prices are I believe cheaper than they used to be, if only by a dollar or two per case. The field fee is really only $5 more if you pre-reg, so it's really not that much higher than previous years. In the end, it's still one of the least expensive scenario fees in the area (that I'm aware of).

I understand not always wanting to pre-reg because you just never know what life is going to throw at you. If you drop $25 6 weeks in advance to play but something comes up & you can't go, you're kinda screwed. But it is still possible to pre-reg usually up until 2-3 days prior to the game, you should be able to know by then a little more assuredly that you can make it barring any emergencies.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#94 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

View Postger, on Apr 27 2009, 11:43 PM, said:

The prices went up this year on the field fee for scenarios. It's $25 for pre-reg & $35 day-of (that's what it was for WaW) versus last years prices of $20 & $25. Two things contributed to this as I understand it: one was the amount of props & structures that are being added to the field for each scenario (those aren't free to construct) -- the second was they hope people will take advantage of the pre-reg savings so they can have a better idea ahead of time about how many players to plan for.

In all honesty, the paint prices are I believe cheaper than they used to be, if only by a dollar or two per case. The field fee is really only $5 more if you pre-reg, so it's really not that much higher than previous years. In the end, it's still one of the least expensive scenario fees in the area (that I'm aware of).

I understand not always wanting to pre-reg because you just never know what life is going to throw at you. If you drop $25 6 weeks in advance to play but something comes up & you can't go, you're kinda screwed. But it is still possible to pre-reg usually up until 2-3 days prior to the game, you should be able to know by then a little more assuredly that you can make it barring any emergencies.

Agreed. I try to wait until about a week before the game, until my plans are set in stone, before I pre reg.
Posted Image

#95 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

Yeah, but wait too long & you don't get to pre-reg Aussie :D!!!

EDIT: Speaking of, I think we're planning on going American for D-Day FYI. I'll let you know for sure at some point.

This post has been edited by ger: 27 April 2009 - 09:00 PM

ger

#96 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

Hey we still pulled off an impressive 2nd! Even with our um......"general" not doing much.

I can honestly say, not at one point ALL DAY did I hear anything come down the pipeline from our "general".

My group did a LOT of work that day, with the help of a lot of people that listened to our plans and tactics, and we got things done. One of the first times we got a nice big squad together at Battlefront that would listen. I found myself barking orders a lot, and people listened, and things happened. It was good stuff....

Not trying to brag.... :D
Posted Image

#97 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:18 PM

No doubt, The Russians were the suprise of the day. Leading up to it I was sure your army was going to have a rough go at it, based mostly on your Generals chat on the BF forums... he didn't seem to be all there :D... and we were right cause he wasn't! I just didn't expect everyone else around him to step up as well as they did. Like I wrote long ago though, I make a point not to underestimate anyone. You guys did great.
ger

#98 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

I can honestly say I walked off that field that day feeling that we actually got something accomplished.....without our general.

I wasn't expecting 2nd though....

This post has been edited by blackcelldrumr15: 27 April 2009 - 09:38 PM

Posted Image

#99 User is offline   Fets25 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:29 AM

View Postger, on Apr 27 2009, 08:43 PM, said:

Props and structures are a cost of doing business just like netting, air compressor and rental equipment (and refs).

I am certainly not trying to start an argument with you! I just think we need to utilize our right as consumers and not just sit back and pretend to be happy over a 43% increase in price (they use to have a $20 scenario fee which is still listed on their website). What it comes down to is a $35 scenario fee and a $9 all day air fee, that is $44 entry plus paint. I don't know of any other fields in the area that are that high.

Three Rivers is $25 with all day air
Hell Survivors is $40 with all day air (at the gate, less if you pre-reg)
Synergy Woods is $40 with all day air (at the gate and this is their higher BYOP price, less if you pre-reg and this is BYOP!)

Again, this is not at all an anti-Battlefront post the field is great. Just think people need to be educated consumers!

#100 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:35 AM

I gotcha Fets, not starting an argument here either man. I agree it's best to know all your options for comparisons sake.

Actually TRP is now $35 + $10 HPA/CO2 for their scenario days run by Mission Masters - Although paint pricing is reduced from $80 to $65 a case. The $25 is their open play pricing.

As far as Hells Survivors, they are $4 cheaper both ways (pre-reg & day-of) - but I'd pay way more in gas just getting there & back :D.

I know nothing about Synergy - their website only shows one scenario on the calender & there isn't separate pricing. Also, I only see BYOP for team airball practice. You would obviously know more about the field & their actual pricing so I'll give over to your knowledge, as their website may not be completely up to date.

Hope to play along side you again at D-Day Fets, let me know if guys are leaning one side or the other. Like I wrote earlier, I'm feeling patriotic for this one ;)... especially since it's on the actual anniversary.

This post has been edited by ger: 28 April 2009 - 08:36 AM

ger

#101 User is offline   Fets25 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:59 AM

View Postger, on Apr 28 2009, 08:35 AM, said:

I gotcha Fets, not starting an argument here either man. I agree it's best to know all your options for comparisons sake.

Actually TRP is now $35 + $10 HPA/CO2 for their scenario days run by Mission Masters - Although paint pricing is reduced from $80 to $65 a case. The $25 is their open play pricing.

As far as Hells Survivors, they are $4 cheaper both ways (pre-reg & day-of) - but I'd pay way more in gas just getting there & back :D.

I know nothing about Synergy - their website only shows one scenario on the calender & there isn't separate pricing. Also, I only see BYOP for team airball practice. You would obviously know more about the field & their actual pricing so I'll give over to your knowledge, as their website may not be completely up to date.

Hope to play along side you again at D-Day Fets, let me know if guys are leaning one side or the other. Like I wrote earlier, I'm feeling patriotic for this one ;)... especially since it's on the actual anniversary.

Ya, I am planning on going to D-Day and would probably like to play on the Allied side I think. Still have to talk to the guys and see what they think.

Synergy is a great up and coming field, new management just took over so things are being updated but I know their pricing is accurate. HellSurvivors just doesn't compare, but I do understand the distance.

I'll let you know about D-Day for sure.

#102 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frodo17

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

Hellsurvivors is da bomb of scenario play in the Great Lakes region in my humble opinion. $40 gate price for 1 day or $65 for two days and pre-reg nocks it down to an affordable $30 and $55. You also get all day free air, door prizes and raffles and some cool vending all represented by the big companies in our hobby of choice. Not too mention a larger number of attendees (about 1500 or so) and the use of National Guard vehicles when applicable. The drive from Southern Ohio can be long (six hours), the camping or hotel can be a hassle and the $60 ($52 with pre-reg) paint prices can put holes in a wallet in a two day event with numerous targets. With a troop of soldiers in tow it can definately help stem the costs of the overall weekend with help on shelter and fuel. All in all its the mother of all scenario experiences in the Great Lakes region and they offer different scenarios for different tastes.

Battlefront is my fav Ohio location and I'm gratefull to Ger and Blackcelldrumr for convincing me to attend the WAW event. I can't believe us Russians got 2nd place either. Still no word on D-Day atm as I need to coordinate with the troops.

Frodo out ;)
"Ideals are better than ideologies." Antebi

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#103 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:34 PM

View PostFets25, on Apr 28 2009, 12:59 PM, said:

Ya, I am planning on going to D-Day and would probably like to play on the Allied side I think. Still have to talk to the guys and see what they think.

View PostFrodo, on Apr 28 2009, 02:44 PM, said:

Still no word on D-Day atm as I need to coordinate with the troops.

Hope you guys both make it, looking forward to playing along side you.
ger

#104 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:27 PM

ya know as far as pricing goes at battlefront, I thought that I got my monies worth. I pre-registered but still thought for what I payed it wasn't all that bad. As a Recreations Major this subject comes up quite a bit, how much to charge and what people will pay to come to you program. I can safely say that Battle Front hasn't reached the point where they are losing people because of the price. Going from 300 people to 500 people in a matter of a year, and only raising the price by only 10ish dollars. I would bet that they raise the price again by another 5 dollars next year, or at least 2-3 dollars without effecting number of participants.
Now I also realize that I've only been to Battlefront once, and have only experienced a game there once. But that one time is enough to get me to come back and personally I'm willing to pay a bit more I might add. Just because of the experience that I had, plus having an awesome field, and the bombed out buildings. Even in a hard economic time that we are in if a person can find a Quality Program, they are willing to pay more.
That's my take on it anyway let me know what you all think.

Tim

P.S. Who's going to the Michigan games this summer

#105 User is offline   aquateenjunkie 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:aquateenjunkie

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:07 PM

the paint priceing at BF ranges from 57-74 per case, and most non-noobs i know only need to buy a half a case per day. and the feild fee for events is 20$ but for some reason the bigger events cost more. and part of the money gets you free food at most of the events. so the only price to go up is the occasional scenario fee.

i cant compare how good each feild is considering i have only played at BF. but i only hear complaints from a very few people i know.

This post has been edited by aquateenjunkie: 01 May 2009 - 02:12 PM

Chuck Norris, a cotton candy filled twinky and Aquateenjunkie walk into a bar. The building then immedietly explodes because it cannot contain that level of awesomeness.

Battlefront Paintball

Team Total Resistance

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users