• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Questions about Tac-One Q-Bow Before I spend the $900 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

Ok guys, before I drop a bunch of money on a Q-Bow, I have a few questions. Please do your best to answer them.

1) Is it hard to look down the sight? I have heard it is easy on the BlackCell Q-bow, but a bit more difficult on a Tac One Q-bow?

2) When mounting a sight, is it possible to get it low enough to have the angle needed to match up with wear the ball would travel? Right now, I have this problem on my A-5A2. I have about all my balls 3 feet below my red dot. This question is directly pointed towards Q-Bow owners with the Hakko Panorama BED-24 Red Dot Sight (What I have). This is one of my biggest concerns.

3) SpecOps is sold out of the Longbow, and says no backorder available. But for the Q-bow, it is in stock. If I get the Q-bow Kit, what do I need to make it the Longbow? Just the magazine? That is all I can see that is different.

That is all I have for now. If you know any of this info, let me know please.

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:34 AM

View PostW00DSBALL 5N1P3R, on Mar 21 2009, 03:12 AM, said:

Ok guys, before I drop a bunch of money on a Q-Bow, I have a few questions. Please do your best to answer them.

1) Is it hard to look down the sight? I have heard it is easy on the BlackCell Q-bow, but a bit more difficult on a Tac One Q-bow?

2) When mounting a sight, is it possible to get it low enough to have the angle needed to match up with wear the ball would travel? Right now, I have this problem on my A-5A2. I have about all my balls 3 feet below my red dot. This question is directly pointed towards Q-Bow owners with the Hakko Panorama BED-24 Red Dot Sight (What I have). This is one of my biggest concerns.

3) SpecOps is sold out of the Longbow, and says no backorder available. But for the Q-bow, it is in stock. If I get the Q-bow Kit, what do I need to make it the Longbow? Just the magazine? That is all I can see that is different.

That is all I have for now. If you know any of this info, let me know please.

Thanks!

1,The only real difficulty with looking down sights is to get your eye in the right position due to goggle lens to eye gap, and positioning your head behind the sight due to goggle size / flexibility against the stock. Red dot sights are a very different system where you don't have to put your eye so close to the sight.
See below for how I use red dots.

2,With the AGD or Ion versions the sight level is approximately the same in relation to the barrel. Agagainst the A5 I'm not sure, but I think similar.
The problem is the ballistics of paintball. There is always a drop, but it can be worse depending on paint, barrel, pressure, efficiency etc. I will tend to look at the mask of a target and expect to hit the upper body depending on range.

Some angle adjustment can be made by slight modding of the mount to tip the sight.

A trick though is this:
With the AGD Longbow/QBow I believe you are stuck with the sight mounted over the Longbow. (Because of the style of the shroud. Unless you can leave out some parts as with the Ion below)

With the Ion Longbow/QBow there is a part supplied to sit behind the feed to maintain the neat body shape. I have left this out though. (See pics below)
Mine is on a Deadlywind body, but a sight can be mounted behind the mount, making it lower but the view is obstructed. However the magic of a red dot means you do not have to look through it. See below for sighting with red dots.
On the Blackcell body the weaver/picatinny style RIS rail is both in front and behind the feed, on my Deadlywind I only have the top weaver in front of the feed and a dovetail behind.

3,QBow to Longbow - you just need a magazine.

Sighting with red dots:
Open both eyes, keep your head back from the sight (which you have to with goggles anyway), and an optical illusion will put the view of each eye together giving you a 3d view of your target with the dot on top of it and your 'invisible' marker. Once you have practiced this you will find it possible to hold your marker directly in front of your face and look through the barrel! (Stock permitting though)

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Tommikka: 21 March 2009 - 03:41 AM

#3 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:19 AM

Ok thanks a lot Tommika

#4 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:51 AM

Are there any Hakko Red Dot sight owners out there that could answer a few questions for me?

Thanks.

#5 User is offline   snipa12 

• snipe'em all day long
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:snipamasta

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:33 PM

my advice dont get it i tryed it a qloader is a pain to swich pods in the middle of the game unless u have the qloader pod pack cuz qloader pods are bigger than normal its not worth the modey but if i realy want it i have a qloader system u can buy for like $90 if u want, its the 500 round system one pod is broken but the replacement part is available
smart parts owner # 100
"no you did not just fail you found 500 ways not to get me out"

#6 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:18 AM

View Postsnipa12, on Apr 9 2009, 03:33 AM, said:

my advice dont get it i tryed it a qloader is a pain to swich pods in the middle of the game unless u have the qloader pod pack cuz qloader pods are bigger than normal its not worth the modey but if i realy want it i have a qloader system u can buy for like $90 if u want, its the 500 round system one pod is broken but the replacement part is available

QPods are considerably larger than stadard podsbut fit all SpecOps pod pouches as well as the QLoader pod pack.
Standard pod packs will either be tight or will not fit QPods at all. The following picture illustrates the difference between a SpecOps 140 pod and a QPod in a Spec Ops MOLLE pouch. Note the considerable length difference, any normal pod pouch with a 'bottom' usually needs a long top/cover to reach back to the velcro etc.

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users