• You cannot reply to this topic

Tips for a saturday game Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

hello. we're going to be playing a game on saturday. it will probably be roughly 10-15 people. the first time i played, my friend said he saw a dagger in me. i was a dagger in progress. i have been doing some searching on the dagger ways and junk. i have upped my arsenal since last time. i did have a stock 98 custom(i couldnt hit anything, and it made me angry). now i have an a5 with a c series, and a skirmish si pump. they can both shoot darts with the right paint. i was just wondering, if anyone had any pointers before i have to redeem myself on saturday. thanks

#2 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:34 AM

You could have just upgraded your 98...
Since you're new, here's some general stuff.

Communicate.
Talk to the other players on the field. Find out where the other team's players are, where you can move, where people are getting pinned down, such things as that.

Move.
Especially playing up front, movement is key. If you stay still too long, the other team can get angles of fire on you and then you're toast. If you're constantly bumping around to different bunkers, even if it's just a short move, will make the other team re-adjust.

Patience.
Now, while you should keep moving, you need to know WHEN to move. Just running to a new bunker whenever you feel like it will get you shot out a lot. You gotta be smart about it. Wait for the other team to reload, look away, change targets, or generally stop shooting at you. If the other team gives you an opening, take it. Don't think about it, because by the time you do the opening could be gone. The worst that will happen is you get shot.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#3 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:06 PM

Along with pirates post, be aware of your surroundings if your in the front. you could have someone slip around you and take all of you out from behind. basically, dont get tunnel vision.
Boss Paintball

#4 User is offline   Woodbender 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Woodbender

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:04 PM

Just a few tips that I learned which can be useful if you ever get in a position in which you are trading shots with a single opponent. Trading shots is not something most experienced players recommend since you basically have just 50% chance of winning (assuming equal player skill). A forward flanking manuever is often the most effective tactic but as Pirate said, you have to know when to make your move. Pirate made a few general suggestions so I thought I would add a couple specific ones I learned from personal experience.

The first one works really well against inexperienced and/or cautious players. Fire snap shots to get the other player to stay low. I do this by using a red-dot and a handful of well-placed shots while others prefer raw firepower. Both methods will do the job. If the player takes a long time to pop back up then you KNOW that a dash foward made just after the opponent ducks will have a good chance of success.

The second one works when dealing with more aggressive and experienced players. It is very simple: Move up when he runs to another bunker. People do not seem to be very observent when they are running (at least in my experience) and thus may not even see you moving towards the flank.

The first two times I played, I was eliminated about 10 times and only got one kill. Before I went back for a third day of paintball, I did a great deal of internet research (try watching Tyger's Expert Village) and spent some time just shooting at wooden targets. It paid big dividends for me.

#5 User is offline   oerllikon 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:12 AM

ok, thanks. welded together a metal target to shoot at in the shop. ill practice on that. i planned on practicing snap shots and so on.
thanks for the help

#6 User is offline   dogstile 

• who knew that i would become the local legend?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dogstile

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:44 AM

it helps. of you want to really test yourself, get a friend to move the targets so you don't know where they are, so when you rush round a corner, you have to look fast and shoot fast

i wish i could do that :panzer:
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

#7 Guest_PhantomAssassin_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:50 AM

I plan on taking you under my wing Jared. I can only teach you so much though because I am a Sniper and you play Dagger. I could teach you the basics though.

#8 User is offline   oerllikon 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:43 PM

ok, thanks max. that should help quite a bit. i just need to know a little more about when to move, and how to move more quietly

#9 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:35 PM

if your position is know, dont worry about being quiet. and when it comes to moving, trust your instinct. dont second guess yourself. that often doesnt work out to well.
Boss Paintball

#10 User is offline   dogstile 

• PipPip

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:41 PM

and the opposite apply's if your position is unknown, be quiet, and think your moves through
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"

#11 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:42 PM

View Postdogstile, on Feb 10 2008, 05:41 PM, said:

and the opposite apply's if your position is unknown, be quiet, and think your moves through

QFT!
Boss Paintball

#12 User is offline   dogstile 

• PipPip

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

eh? what does that mean, lol

#13 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:14 AM

QFT means "Quoted For Truth" or "Quite [Freaking] True"
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#14 User is offline   dogstile 

• PipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:56 AM

got it! :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users