• You cannot reply to this topic

need ideas Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sgtcarlisle 

• Carlisle8642
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Privatecarlisle

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:19 AM

Hey guys ive been busy and havent had much time to get on as always. but im now Stationed in Korea and on my post we have a Paintaball field. Ive got people that are willing to play but dont have that much experiance from what they tell me. one of my buddies and I are the one with the experiance and so far it seems kind of hopeless to try and enter the 8th Army Tourny that will open in a few weeks. I NEED MASSIVE HELP PLEASE!!! None of my guys want to practice and any other time when they do theyre not willing to try and listen to helpfull hints. we have a lot of potetial but when my buddy and I entered the last tourny here we got swept with ease, and i dont want that to happen again...

Please give me some kind of guideance because were lossing our patenice with the new team. and were tired of trying to do teamwork drills because as soon as we play just about the whole team stops listening and does what they want someone help
Infantry all the way, Path finders show the way!!! Pvt.Carlisle!!

#2 User is offline   CdnNinja 

• The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:53 AM

Well instead of creating your own team, why not try to join one of these other team that swept you last time? That way you don't really have to worry about training people who don't want to. Trying to get people to play/practice who really don't want to in the first place can be really difficult. So I'd say just try hooking up with an established team if it's possible.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:56 AM

i know some people like that. i think when they want to learn, they will.... until then, theres no sense in beating a dead horse.
would the above idea work?

#4 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:04 AM

Irony: Military personal that fail at command structure and seeing the need for training. LOL

Sorry, I just find the situation oddly comical.

xX_jXx is right. If they don't want to listen they aren't going to no matter what tips you're given. If you can't/won't join an existing team then you need to take a good hard look at the "team" you do have.

Have you talked to them to find out if they just want to have fun or want to win? If they are only playing for fun then winning isn't going to be a serious option, it becomes more of a bonus.
How many guys/gals are on it? Is there only one or two that ignore you and the rest follow or are all of them going independent of the others? How many do you have that actually want to play as hardcore(yes, lots of newer players think going into a tourny is hardcore) as you do? Is it enough to make a smaller team? Have you tried to recruit outside the group/squad/platoon?
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#5 User is offline   xkpxfattyxx 

• Say WHAT?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:23 PM

Where in Korea are you stationed? And where's the field? I'd love to visit!

#6 User is offline   TRad 

• Ultimate...paintball...guy
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TRad

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:05 PM

My suggestion is to continue pointing your team back to that tourny...show them 3 things:

1.) Why they got WHOOPED (and really emphasize this)
2.) What they can do about it (put together several practice drills, [keep them short, people listen better when it's something quick] and show them why these will help them win)
3.) When they accomplish a drill well, BANG IT IN, I can't tell you how important this part is (from my experience) Really get excited and they'll want to do it even harder and faster and better.

just my 2 cents. Hope it helps and I'll be happy to answer anything else (just pm me.)
I am a christian paintballer!
Alabamian #2
_My feedback_ _My eBay feedback_

#7 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:10 PM

Don't make them practice. Just talk them into playing some paintball. Don't tell them its practice, just go out and play. If you have to. Tell them you will do 2 vs. everone else. That should get them interested to play. Once they agree, play a couple of games like that, then the will probably be willing to even up the teams. The only practice you need to get better at paintball, is playing more paintball.

This post has been edited by BAGELS: 22 July 2008 - 03:11 PM

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#8 User is offline   Darkwind 

• "Onward to Victory"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Darkwind

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:54 PM

View PostBAGELS, on Jul 22 2008, 06:10 PM, said:

The only practice you need to get better at paintball, is playing more paintball.

BINGO!

And LEARNING from mistakes.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users