• You cannot reply to this topic

Try This Hood/ Veil ghille idea Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SWIFTSILENTDEADLY 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SWIFTSILENTDEADLY

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:14 PM

I don't know how I came up with this, however you might want to give it a shot. I have been spending a lot of time on making a ghillie suit out of an old hockey net and some jute twine. Instead of attaching a hood to the rest of my ghillie I decided to make the hood separate. Anyway, as you can imagine I had a hard time putting it on and keeping it on. I was always trying to find the front and I knew in the field this would not be good. So, while constructing the ghillie, I took the buttons and cuff strips off of my old cammies. I sewed the buttons onto my visor through one of the vents. I did this to both sides of my visor. Then I zip tied the flaps from the cuffs of my cammies to the front of the hood. Now all I have to do is button my hood onto my mask and I'm good to go. I don't know if that was a good explanation on what I did but if you can understand what I was trying to explain, Try it! Let me know what you think.

Semper Fi

#2 User is offline   Gramps 

• Kohai Renga Yamashta
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Gramps

Posted 28 August 2005 - 08:51 PM

Hmm... Sounds viable. Using something like a Cufflink I guess? Awesome idea. Not sure how you put buttons on a visor though... XD

I'll keep this in mind if I go ghille later.
Kohai Renga Yamashta
"Sometimes, the apprehension of fear is worse than the fear itself." --Sensei

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users