Special Ops Paintball: 14" J&J Ceramic - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

14" J&J Ceramic does the self cleaning work well when you get a ball break?

#1 User is offline   John Cornman 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:38 PM

does the self cleaning work well when you get a ball break?

Like if you where in full auto and where breaking balls the balls that dont break would clean the barrel?
and it would shoot like it was clean?

#2 User is offline   StampyMan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:StampyMan

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:48 PM

i have that exact barrel. I love it... Yes the self cleaning works to an extent, break a ball, shoot a few though it and the accuracy returns quickly... but in no way will it be spotless, and your accuracy will still be affected somewhat until you clean it or squeegie it (i still often play without a squeegie anyway), but not as badly as barrels without that ceramic coating. Just make sure you have a good barrel bore to paint bore size match so the self cleaning will have its best effect..

~StampyMan

#3 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:21 PM

Provided you have a fair paint to barrel match most barrels will clean within a few shots. The J&J ceramic is known for cleaning with less shots than average. However, porting will remain clogged and perfect accuracy won't be achieved.

You eventually will need to swab it.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#4 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:28 PM

I think if you have a bigger bore size, the barrel will shoot clean better.
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#5 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:34 PM

Yes and NO, it will usually make it so other balls wont break, unlike on most barrels. you get a break and you will keep breaking them. You will not get any accuracy back at all unless your extremely lucky. with mine, if paint gets stuck in the porting, your shots are going to dip and go all over the place like you cant imagine. I switched to a lapco bigshot and this problem has never happened.

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#6 User is offline   Kingman Tech 

• Kingman Tech
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:17 PM

This barrel is very common and I know many people who use it. Its a great barrel. Easy to clean and it rarely causes any barrel breaks. My friends barrels do not clean themselves after a break, although they rarely get one.

-KT
Pump user #121
Spyder user #97

Feedback +1/-0

#7 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:22 PM

The internal coating definitely helps. Not as good as a squeegee. Does it work excellent - no.

#8 User is offline   StampyMan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:StampyMan

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:22 PM

ha, ya my first post sounded quite optimistic didn't it. Ya, I didnt intend for it to sound perfect, the accuracy will come back maybe a little after a break, ive been pretty lucky, but it shouldn't repeatedly break after the first..

This post has been edited by StampyMan: 23 November 2007 - 08:24 PM

#9 User is offline   Wanted 

• Team Iced
  • PipPip

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:44 PM

Yes I have one and the self cleaning works very well. Once you shoot a few times the accuracy comes back so you can keep on playing.

Official Sniper #31
Automaggot # 142

#10 User is offline   metalhead39 

• The flesh torpedo
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:metalhead39

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:38 AM

I've only ever got a break when I shoot fast with less then great paint. Mostly my gun I think then the barrel. While it does clean it out you will noticed some bits in it and fluid in the barrel. it will need to be swabbed but can wait until after the game as opposed to trying to perform remedial actions while in the fight. I've never had to take my barrel off while playing in order to fix a broken ball save for one time and once again that was the gun not the barrel. ball was lodged still in the feed tube and bolt came forward. Ball didn't break all the way and kept the action from doing what it was supposed to.

#11 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:40 PM

View PostBAGELS, on Nov 19 2007, 08:34 PM, said:

Yes and NO, it will usually make it so other balls wont break, unlike on most barrels. you get a break and you will keep breaking them. You will not get any accuracy back at all unless your extremely lucky. with mine, if paint gets stuck in the porting, your shots are going to dip and go all over the place like you cant imagine. I switched to a lapco bigshot and this problem has never happened.

I'm with him.

I have that 14"er... trouble is when you take a shot to the barrel (all too often for me because the Mrs. aims high), you might as well wright it off. Paint gets in the porting and continually messes up my shots.

I too am switching to the Lapco Bigshot (12")
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

"Never play AGAINST your wife on her first day paintballing. Wife gets beat = no more nookie"
Mark that quote down... very important.

When I did tech support for Dell a call came in about a laptop that wasn't working right. The guy insisted that the bullet holes in had nothing to do with the boot issues... -Puzuma

#12 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:42 PM

Not sure. I have my J&J on my automag. It has level 10, so I don't know if it could clean a chop.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users