• You cannot reply to this topic

What is a good marker for me? Need a nice woodsball marker! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sniper45 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:TippmannSniper

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:54 PM

Hey guys, i am selling my A5 to get a new posibly better gun. i have a tight budget so i am looking for a nice cheaper but still very good marker. something easily upgradeably. i was looking at SP-1 and SP-8 but i am hearing mix feelings about them. 50% of people i talk to like them and say good things about them like, it is very light and is pretty accurate stock, good woodsball gun, but the other 50% says otherwise. i am not sure what to get but i need somehting. A good reliable, consistant, and on the cheaper side.

Please give me any suggestions and what you think about the marker!

I am at a dead stop at looking for Paintball guns and need some advice. What are some of your setups? Do you like them?

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:25 PM

I wouldn't go for an SP8. It my mind, it is way too big and bulky.

I heard SP1's are nice.

You could try a blackcell Ion. There are a few for sale in the Elctronic Marker section for pretty cheap.

I am trying to think of what is reliable, but still cheap. Not that much, outside of tippmanns. A lot of people, and I mean A LOT use their "sniper markers" as a Tippmann.

Have you ever tried considering a pump?

#3 User is offline   Mercy of Spades 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mercy

Post icon  Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:14 PM

Hey man, I'd really recommend using an Ion.

I run with the A5 setup for my sniper and it works fine for a big guy like me, but all my other friends run with ions. The thing can be mod'd out to make for an excellent efficiently quiet marker (for sniping) or a monstrous 33bps paint spewing machine! What ever your preference, they seems to be pretty rugged compared to most tourney guns. I got the chance to play with one of my friend's that he had turned into a q-bow and wow...totally loved it.

Just a thought and the fact that they aren't hard on the pocket book is another great selling point :dodgy:

This post has been edited by Mercy of Spades: 09 August 2009 - 09:14 PM

Jeremiah 29:11 "His promises fulfilled"

#4 User is offline   Sniper45 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:30 AM

I think i am reconcidering my A5 and i might infact keep it. it is a great marker but i think i need some upgrades. i have a proto barrel, and lapco bigshot but i need some more upgrades instead of barrels. What upgrades or accessories should i get for it?
Thanks guys for adding a reply and making me rethink my A5

#5 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:23 AM

I think that if you stay within the same price bracket (sub 300$) then you will only find that you have not really improved your marker, only changed the way it looks. I think that if you want to "upgrade" to a better marker, then take the cash you have and save it. once you have a larger amount to work with then you can really improve on what you have.

as for your second questions: I owned a tippmann 98 for three years, then two years ago I wanted to buy a marker that would allow me to work with the marker a little more. I wanted tight, light, durable, something that has been proven to work, maybe a little bit on the old school side. So I decided to save up 500$ and buy an automag.
I have a full review of the AGD Tac One here in the reviews section.

If you could save up some cash maybe you can look into buying a used marker for a Really good price.
Maybe look into an 08 Alien Independence (anywhere from 500 an up.) or a 07 ego or a DM7. something that is proven to be an absolutely Awesome marker. but you dont have to spend full price on it.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 10 August 2009 - 08:28 AM

#6 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:54 AM

Personally I tell players to do some research decide what they really want then buy that.

You are far better off buying a gun you truely want instead of settling for something becuase it was cheaper. In the long run you are going to buy the gun you want anyhow...if you do that first you will save money over buy two or three guns just to find out you wanted your original choice more.

When I was starting in the sport I fell into the "I can't afford that" trap and ended up buying far to many guns and spending far more money than I needed to.
In the end I got what I wanted and played far better than I ever had simply due to my confidence level in my gear being fulfilled.

Try not to limit yourself to the niche markets either. There is no reason you simply must buy a Milsim becuase you play scenario. If that is your comfort zone sure...but there a good many high performance guns out there that are easier to use and maintain that are not milsim looking.

Honestly....an SP-8 is a dolled up Ion. You would have a far easier time maintaning an Ion over the SP-8 due to the decorative milsim body. Performance will be the same but the time you save in upkeep makes the Ion a winner over the SP-8.

SP-1. Great beginer gun. Also a great hole to throw your money in because you will be in the same boat as the A-5. You will want to buy upgrades to make it feel like it is the gun you really wanted.
Don't get me wrong, buying upgrades is cheaper at the time of purchase since you are spending a little here and a little there. I have been there and done that...I have spent $Thousands on upgrades for guns that would never measure upto what I eventually bought in the long run.
The SP-1 will never equal the comfort and performance of some of the higher end toys out there.

Do you need a high end gun to have a great time....no.
Do you need a high end gun to be a great player...no.

Will you be a better player if you research and buy the gear you want the first time instead of always working to make you gun better...yes. Confidence in equipment means confidence in yourself and your skill.

Take the time, read about your option. The internet is a giant festering pool of misinformation! So once you read all the stuff you can good and bad...go out and shoot the guns you think you like. Either at a store or a field.
Ask players if you may shoot their gun at the range since you are looking to buy one. Trust me they all feel different...even the same gun from two different owners since they will have different settings.
See if you like the feel of the gun shouldered...and at rest. Can you carry that arround all day?

I am rambling.

My point is you need to really look at what you want then buy that. We can only point you in a direction but you need to make the decision to buy what fits you...

I shoot an '07 Cyborg. I love it. My wife hates the feel
She shoots a Droid. I like both but the Cyborg just works better for me.

When it hits the market I will be trying out the new Drone...maybe I will like it more then the Borg, only research will tell.

#7 User is offline   Sniper45 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:35 AM

I still think i am going to keep my A5 and upgrade it and play with it for a while and then sell it with more upgrades to upgreade to a better marker. What upgrades should i get for it? i was thinking that i will upgrade it into a MP5 or an M4 what do you guys think?

#8 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:11 AM

Getting kits like the MP5 and M4 will just add weight. I would say, keep it simple.

-Upgrade the cyclone.
-A nice barrel (preferabbly carbon fiber or something with lots of porting to make it quiet)
-A solid stock. I like my Commando, but for sniping, a dogleg would work great. The G36 Folding stocks are good too.
-Offset hopper. I personally liked the Stovepipe with a Tac Cap on top. Though, you could just get an offset hopper or elbow.
-HPA!!! Get a nice air tank. If you still use C02, then buy a regulator/stabalizer. Palmer makes a really nice one. Though, buying Air will be better in the long run.
-A-5A2 Foregrip. I love mine and it helps stabalize the gun. It feels and looks great I think.
-Go remote. Way easier when crawling.

I will add more later. My Mac' N Cheese is waiting :laugh:

#9 User is offline   Sniper45 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:36 AM

hey man Could you upload some pics for me i would really like to see it before i get the stuff. if you no what i mean.. thanks man
\
oh ya and i have a remote... i love it really easy to crawle and stuff

This post has been edited by Sniper45: 10 August 2009 - 11:40 AM

#10 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:58 AM

Err I will see what I have for pics :unsure:

The awesome foregrip and stock (on the other side, the stock is cut out to allow you to rest your mask up against it):

Attached File  A_5A2_Side.JPG (85.44K)
Number of downloads: 1

Cyclone (See the red squishy paddles)

Attached File  A_5A2_Cyclone.JPG (154.15K)
Number of downloads: 0

Check out this video for the Dogleg And Stovepipe. Its pretty cool:

http://media.specialopspaintball.com/video...t/stovepipe.php

My personal favorite barrel:

http://www.sitemfg.com/stiffi.html

Two outstanding air tank companies:

http://www.crossfire...ucts.asp?cat=16

http://www.ninjapaintball.com/product.asp_...A_subCatID_E_70

Hope that helps you :P

#11 User is offline   Mercy of Spades 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:31 PM

View PostKrazy8, on Aug 10 2009, 10:54 AM, said:

You are far better off buying a gun you truely want instead of settling for something becuase it was cheaper. In the long run you are going to buy the gun you want anyhow...if you do that first you will save money over buy two or three guns just to find out you wanted your original choice more.

100% True

oh and here's a couple of pictures of my A5

Attached File  A5.JPG (536.46K)
Number of downloads: 4

Attached File  A5_2.JPG (570.16K)
Number of downloads: 3

It's an A5 Digi modded out with a

RH Dogleg Air-Thru Stock,
Smartpart's Tactical 20" barrel,
A5-A2 Fore grip,
X7 Hopper,
and a basic Daisy Red-Dot Sight from wal-mart.

Thing works great and has never let me down. I suppose for a smaller guy the gun would be kinda heavy but compared to an actual rifle this thing is light! Oh and the SP Tactical barrel quiets the A5 down extremely (really, the barrel is 18" with a 2" shroud for looks)

But it's a great gun for sniping. Maybe, nowhere near as "qualified" as the more advertised markers but like a lot of the folks have already mentioned: markers are what you make them. LoL I once watched 2 guys with stock 98c's take out an entire team of 16 people using tourney electros. Was crazy! Wish I had taken a video lol

This post has been edited by Mercy of Spades: 10 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

#12 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:55 PM

View PostMercy of Spades, on Aug 10 2009, 05:31 PM, said:

100% True

Attachment A5.JPG

Attachment A5_2.JPG

A5-A2 Fore grip,
X7 Hopper,

Thing works great and has never let me down. I suppose for a smaller guy the gun would be kinda heavy but compared to an actual rifle this thing is light! Oh and the SP Tactical barrel quiets the A5 down extremely (really, the barrel is 18" with a 2" shroud for looks)

But it's a great gun for sniping. Maybe, nowhere near as "qualified" as the more advertised markers but like a lot of the folks have already mentioned: markers are what you make them. LoL I once watched 2 guys with stock 98c's take out an entire team of 16 people using tourney electros. Was crazy! Wish I had taken a video lol

You ever take the barrel off your marker and just try barrel taging for a game :)

#13 User is offline   Mercy of Spades 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:18 AM

View PostW00DSBALL 5N1P3R, on Aug 11 2009, 08:55 PM, said:

View PostMercy of Spades, on Aug 10 2009, 05:31 PM, said:

100% True

Attachment A5.JPG

Attachment A5_2.JPG

A5-A2 Fore grip,
X7 Hopper,

You ever take the barrel off your marker and just try barrel taging for a game :(

LOL I've actually threatened to do that once before when I had run out of paint! ;)

And truth be told. I've never gotten a barrel tag. I primarily like the longer barrels for slipping through the underbrush, tall grass, and thick tree lines to get a better shot from a more concealed position.

This post has been edited by Mercy of Spades: 12 August 2009 - 12:21 AM

#14 User is offline   Sniper45 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:59 PM

Does that SP 20" tactical barrel slow down the paintball a lot? becuase some ofter people i no have 20" barrels and it looks like the paintballs are going very slow.
Waht type of paint do you shoot through it? i am looking to buy one, but i am still unsure of what the bore size is, i shoot Marbalizers right now and i love them, and they fit nice and snug through a .688 barrel.

#15 User is offline   roflmywaffles 

• RoflMyWaffles
  • PipPip

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:17 PM

the only way you can slow down a paintball is if you turn the velocity down. the length of the barrel has nothing to do with the speed or the accuracy of the marker. a longer barrel just means you need more air to get it out of the barrel, bringing the air efficiency down.
205 BrowniePoints!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users