• You cannot reply to this topic

98C q-loader conversion kit Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mrdude 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:mrdude

Posted 20 December 2005 - 11:39 PM

Well, I've been wanting to get the q-loader for sometime now, and I decided since they just came out with the new kit made specifically for the 98 C I should give it a try. After all everyone says how great q-loader is.

However, I would in new way describe this kit as great. Actually I would describe it as flawed, very flawed. The new feed neck, the one that comes out horizonatly doesn't even fit the gun. That's right they made a kit specifically for the 98 Custom, yet IT DOESN'T FIT THE 98 Custom!!!!1 :P So I called Ancient Innovations the next day. I get some guy named Steve, I call him Qloader Steve. He was the most helpful phone guy I've ever met, and it's a good thing because if you buy this kit you'll need to talk to him multiple times. It turns out that the first batch of feed necks they made didn't actually fit the gun. (But they sent them out any way <_< ) Qloader Steve instructed me to get a nail file and file down the feed neck until it would fit. By now I was a little PO'd but I did as he said. After about 10 minutes of grinding the feedneck finally fits, YAY!! On to step 3, smooth sailing from here, right?

Um....no

The directions have all the parts named, however with no pictures or descriptions they leave you to guess at which part their talking about. This led to about 3 more calls to Qloader Steve. Yea, by now me and him are good buddies, and it's finaly on my gun. I must say, I'm very satisfied with the apperance, but the assembly is HORRIBLE. I'm not saying don't get it, I'm just saying be prepared to talk to Steve. (tell him I said hi) Hopefully they wont have this problem for very much longer.

Here's some pictures, sorry my camera sucks:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:31 PM

Somewhat better pic.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   mrdude 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:mrdude

Posted 21 December 2005 - 11:50 PM

wow, nice setup. Did you go through the same thing with the feed neck?

#4 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 22 December 2005 - 09:01 AM

It was a good snug fit but I didn't file away anything I just pushed a little firmer and it latched.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users