Special Ops Paintball: games starting to get boring - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

games starting to get boring I'm sick of playing with a bunch of campers Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   DJE032 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:DJE032

Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:40 PM

ATTENTION EVERYONE...I'm sick of being the one that moves around like crazy and to get up shot by a camper. Are there any rules i should start using to get rid of this camping in my game. I was thinking of having something along the lines of a time limit for each game. If this were to happen i would give each team a stop watch and set the desired time on both of them. If anyone else has any better suggestions for me to help eliminate camping in my games please shoot them forward. Oh yea and by the way...we are talking woodsball here. :D

#2 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:42 PM

One word--Speedball. It's fast paced and campers get shot out all the time. Camping won't work. Seriously play some speedball.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#3 User is offline   Gerbilizer 

• Meester Joneees!!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gerbilizer

Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:45 PM

Speedball's fun and all, but if you're gonna stick to the woods, play on as small a field as possible. That way, there's not as many places to hide, and unless you're camping base, you're going to be seen rushing to your firepit.
Buy your own gear!

#4 User is offline   X Jackson X 

• Dye Hard Speedballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:49 PM

Well if you dont want to go speedball. Learn all the common camping spots. Get around them and advoid the front side of it. And then get them in the back.
IPB Image

#5 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:25 PM

Learn to move effectively. :unsure:
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#6 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:31 PM

Play center flag or an attack the base type game, with the camper on the team that's attacking.

Time limits are also great ideas.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#7 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:41 PM

Time Limits are a godsend. Seriously, they really get people moving.

Or try some speedball. Never rule it out. Paintball is paintball. As long as you are having fun and being safe then it shouldn't matter where you play or what you play with.

#8 User is offline   DJE032 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:44 PM

anyone wanna explain to me what speedball is?

View PostDJE032, on Aug 13 2006, 07:42 PM, said:

anyone wanna explain to me what speedball is?

nevermind I know what speedball is...how much paint do u usually go through in 1 round of speed ball?

#9 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:49 PM

A common myth is that speedball uses more paint. However that is just a myth. I maybe use a hopper or a hopper and a half in a game of speedball. It's over so fast you don't have time to shoot a ton of paint.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#10 User is offline   DJE032 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 August 2006 - 08:54 PM

View PostDavidP1013, on Aug 13 2006, 07:49 PM, said:

A common myth is that speedball uses more paint. However that is just a myth. I maybe use a hopper or a hopper and a half in a game of speedball. It's over so fast you don't have time to shoot a ton of paint.

Does anyone here live in South Eastern Michigan...if so where are some good fields?

#11 User is offline   hunter6999999999999999 

• Don't be jealous of me because I have more posts than you
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:hunter69

Posted 13 August 2006 - 09:00 PM

well if your moving and your still get shoot out then your doing something worng im guessing.
yeah when i play speedball i use hopper and one pod at the most.

#12 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2006 - 09:20 PM

View PostDJE032, on Aug 13 2006, 05:40 PM, said:

ATTENTION EVERYONE...I'm sick of being the one that moves around like crazy and to get up shot by a camper. Are there any rules i should start using to get rid of this camping in my game. I was thinking of having something along the lines of a time limit for each game. If this were to happen i would give each team a stop watch and set the desired time on both of them. If anyone else has any better suggestions for me to help eliminate camping in my games please shoot them forward. Oh yea and by the way...we are talking woodsball here. :)

Lets see, youre saying youre gettin tired of being taken out by Campers....I can see who is the better player that shows a lot of patience in jus using 1 ball to take out an easy target...that being said, have you "tried locating these campers first before they see you" because, Stealth is what Woodsball is about....woodsball is not about running to the 50 or to get to the Snake, Dorito, etc. like on a Speedball Course.

So, think back on what you were doing wrong and you'll see why you were being taken out so easily.

#13 User is offline   shazbot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:38 PM

hey DJE032, go to pbreview.com and look at the fields they have for Michigan, find one near you(there is probably a lot).
So understand
Don't waste your time always searching for
those wasted years
Face up... make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

Specops Feedback

#14 User is offline   X Jackson X 

• Dye Hard Speedballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:50 PM

View PostDavidP1013, on Aug 13 2006, 07:49 PM, said:

Ya at max i ever go through in a speedball game is 300. Usually a hopper is a pretty good amount.
IPB Image

#15 User is offline   thatGuy 

• caution offensive content
  • PipPip

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:12 PM

View PostDJE032, on Aug 13 2006, 05:40 PM, said:

ATTENTION EVERYONE...I'm sick of being the one that moves around like crazy and to get up shot by a camper. Are there any rules i should start using to get rid of this camping in my game. I was thinking of having something along the lines of a time limit for each game. If this were to happen i would give each team a stop watch and set the desired time on both of them. If anyone else has any better suggestions for me to help eliminate camping in my games please shoot them forward. Oh yea and by the way...we are talking woodsball here. :)

At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old fart...

This "camping" as you put it is called ambushing and is a valid tactic. I think you should consider learning some new tactics of your own. Since there is a counter tactic for your problem."spooking the ambush" There is no reason to make a special rule to prevent "camping". However, games should have a time limit 30 - 90 minutes depending on the size of the field.

And, IMHO, speedball is a great training tool for drilling and honing some basic skills. Even maybe a quick warm-up before a big game, but speedball is not a substitution for woodsball.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users