• You cannot reply to this topic

OpsGear Is it just a scam? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Death Envoy 

• Nos Mos Nunquam Intereo
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Death Envoy

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:18 PM

I ordered a OpsGear AK stock from the Opsgear site, but they charged me for 5 of them (there was problems in their site I know, I kept getting weird errors from them), so I was just like "No big deal, I'll just cancel the order." And I did. My money was supposed to be back to me in about 3 days.

Its 5 days later, still no money is back to me. Ive called them, the bank, and everybody. They keep saying, "the money was put back to your account" but its not back(well, the bank didn't say that the money was back, but Opsgear did...). This angers me, and the only thing that previously angered me was my stepfather.

So now, I'm short about $150, I'm not getting the stock, and they just keep telling me that my money is back.

Anyone had similar problems with Opsgear?

#2 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:41 PM

I have heard several horror stories with OpsGear like yours, and they are way too expensive for almost everything they sell, except maybe a few things and "sale" items. I have only ordered one item from them, and the only problem I had was it took longer than quoted to get to me, by a few WEEKS. Had friends get hosed like you and it took a long time to either get the right item or a refund, but it did happen. Be persistent with e-mails and calls and demand your consumer rights is the best advice I can give you.

This post has been edited by Violator: 21 October 2008 - 09:45 PM

This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#3 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:34 PM

Wow...

I never had any problems with them back when I ordered from them (though, admittedly, that was a few years ago) and my friend actually got a double order for a single charge- that is, they shipped him two of the same order and only charged him once.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#4 User is offline   Archie21 

• hardcore paintballer
  • PipPip

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:22 PM

I have ordered from opsgear probably 3-4 times and have never had a problem with them. And everything arrived in a short time.
Team Brutal Anguish:
Taking the path of most resistance

Archie21's sale thread!! Everything must go!!

#5 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:45 PM

ok - let's look at this.

Say you use a visa or what have you. You give them money but the money isn't in their account til the next day. or sometimes because different banks are being used it may take two day.

So you do the transaction on last sat or sun it'll be a monday transaction. Money goes in their account tues or wed. They reverse the charges and it take 2 working days to go back to your bank.

Today when I close my interact machine the money will not be in my bank account until Tuesday now.

#6 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:24 PM

I've done business with OPSGEAR for several years, and they are a reputable business, with what I consider to be an excellent reputation for customer service. Most of their customers now are LE and Military...probably the last people you would want to cross. I have had a couple of items that arrived damaged through no fault of theirs, and they shipped a replacement before I even sent the damaged goods back. I suggest you call them (their 800 customer service number is posted on their website) and address your ordering error to them directly, and I'm sure they will resolve the issue. If you charged an item on a credit card, it can take up to 30 days for the credit to appear, which does not necessarily mean it has not processed. While the advice here may be well intended, no one here can resolve your dispute with OPSGEAR. I suggest you call them...they will take good care of you.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#7 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:18 AM

what a lot of banks will do when you place an order is put a "hold" on your money.....which means they deduct the amount without removing any money...so it shows you have less money than you actually do...and then when the order clears they actually remove the money....

...i encountered a glitch when ordering from AV and a similar problem happened to me....i called them up and explained the situation and they told me about the "hold"....and a few days later it showed the correct amount in my bank...

...so just give it a few day and if the amount isnt back to normal, call your bank and see if the money was put back...

#8 User is offline   Death Envoy 

• PipPip

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:03 PM

Already did all that. Still nothing. I just decided to wait and buy from another dealer instead of whittling my time away with OpsGear again.

#9 User is offline   Caissey 

• Mmm Tasteeos Rock
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tasteeos

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:32 PM

I do like the items on OpsGear like other people do but I don't even bother with them I stick to either; eBay, ActionVillage, or SpecialOps. The way to go really.

#10 User is offline   tripwire97701 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:57 PM

View PostCaissey, on Nov 15 2008, 01:32 PM, said:

I do like the items on OpsGear like other people do but I don't even bother with them I stick to either; eBay, ActionVillage, or SpecialOps. The way to go really.

I've purchased things from OpsGear in the past and have never had a problem with them. I do know that they've been extrememly busy over the past 6 months and have been somewhat short staffed.

#11 User is offline   fatB2 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DeadmanUJ

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:12 AM

I never have liked opsgear. The first secinro we played had specops vs opsgear and we were on opsgears side and we were getting our butts kicked and at the dinner break the packed up and went home because the did not like the way the game was going. It was a two day game and it just made it worse for those that stay and played. It showed me that they did not care about the players and only about them selfs. They do make sme cool stuff But after that game I would never buy from them. Just my two cents.

This post has been edited by fatB2: 05 April 2009 - 07:13 AM

Tank drivers are a unique bunch: part motorhead, part airsmith, part driver and part sadist... and not always in equal parts.
Former Commander of THE Executioner tank
http://ultimatejudgement.yolasite.com/

#12 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:24 PM

I absolutely adore OpsGear. I buy damn near everything from them, and no matter what I think I might want -- from apparel to markers to shades, gloves, and watches -- I *always* check OpsGear first.

They are my collective heroes. By far the best merchants I have ever used, without a single negative incident.

They will not do you wrong. Call them up and let them reassure you. You have not been, and will never be swindled by them.

.....no, they don't sponsor me, but damn would I love that....
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#13 User is offline   Lao Yan Qiang 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

I would bet money that your problem is caused by a bank and not SpecOps. I had a bank tell me they were gong to put a 14 day hold on a cashiers check the other day. And the check was from a local bank that was literally 50 yards down the road. I made them call the bank manager. :P

#14 User is offline   thorimmortal 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

Is ops gear a rip off? well depends on who you ask, they have a store right across the street from spec ops, and I know that spec ops has been there longer, normaly this isnt an issue but the area where they are located is what makes it odd, there is not too much around, if ops gear only carried non senario gear I wouldnt see it as a problem, but to move in right across the street with a mamoth sign to detract business from spec ops that is where the true rip off lies.

#15 User is offline   Death Envoy 

• PipPip

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:05 AM

To all of you who kept sending me responses (namely MurderDeathKill) yes, I do think I got ripped off. I called many, many times. I got them to keep their product, but they kept my money. The bank had no problems. The whole ordeal lasted 3+ months. You guys may not have a problem with them, but seriously, I will never buy from them or associate with them again. I may as well have just burned the $148 dollars I spent trying to get a $30 product.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users