• You cannot reply to this topic

Shocktech Bolt vs Stock Bolt Acomparison/Review Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Howling Mad 

• Comrade
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Howling Mad

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:31 PM

I bought a Shocktech bolt from the Spec Ops store in Salt Lake City. I instaled it and gassesd up my marker and noticed some diffrences even without paint. It makes your marker much quieter ,and also with the RT going on full auto the marker was much cycling much faster and smoother. Also when the bolt was cocked it was much smoother when I went to pull it back.

I got to test it for the first time with paint on a hot North Caroina summer day. I noticed the usual diffrences but also that I chopped alot less. With the stock bolt I would chop 3-5 times a day using Scorch paintballs. The whole day I didnt chop once using Scorch and Heavy Metal.

When I finally went to clean my marker the day after I set out the Shocktech bolt alongside the stock bolt and set a paintball on each. I took a picture to show the diffrence. Shocketch on the left stock on the right. Notice the way the Shocktech bolt cradles the ball and sits deeper and the stock bolt has the ball much higher up. The shocktech bolt gives it much more of a cradled push out of the barrel.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/How...Mad614/Bolt.jpg

This works great with polished internals. These are mine.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/How...614/Photo32.jpg

If you really want to silence your 98 get a Shocktech bolt, polish your internals, and put some shrink tubing around your sear spring. All those work together to really quiet your marker. I know of the hot debate over Shocktech vs Stock bolt. Id reccommend it but its really up to you.

#2 User is offline   I Am Oz 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 August 2005 - 06:20 PM

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/invboar...=40&t=17983&hl=

Money well-spent. :o
Never try to corner anything that is meaner than you are

#3 User is offline   ekim98 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ekim98

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:43 PM

i was very leary about a different front bolt,but mine has the internal o-ring and it really made a difference on blow back thru my feed neck, thus better feeding and less chops.
Team Headache Ky. Div

Diablo Oweners.com
Mongoose Legion I Special Forces

I shoot a 98 Custom, Phantom pump,Tactmark M16-magazine feed, Diablo Mongoose
Some just as good, but none better IMO

#4 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:26 PM

I don't know if I'm the only one but my shocktech's never worked for me I went through four before I gave up. That all important selling point the internal o-ring would shift upon firing and jam the marker. 3 of 5 shots ended in a jam. So I raturned it for a new one same thing returned it got a new one and ditto. So after I returned the last one I got a Rufus Dawg Wicked bolt and so far with them in an A-5, 98C, and 98C RT no problems once so ever.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users