• You cannot reply to this topic

Pump Discussion Thread V.3 Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1141 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

The whole idea of the detent rings is to keep the ball in the breech. The same exact thing the rubber detents do in ther guns...keeping the paint in the breech.

So no. I do not think it is weird or odd. But if you are sizing your paint properly you will not need the detent rings.

You know, CCI offers a freak pump handle now ...right? No need to bore out a barrel...you could simply get the larger bored pump handle and use a Freak back and tip.
I geuss I should mention the Freak backs as well then.....

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 28 January 2011 - 08:36 PM

#1142 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

WHY am I always To late!?

first the OD green,
then the centerfeed breach
The the Freak handles

GAWD.

Does anybody want to trade my freak bored RSC phantom for a new OD green RSC phantom with the new stock class/vert feed breach and a freak pump handle?

#1143 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

So, got looking at all those pretty Palmer's brass markers again... and decided to see how my budget is doing. Last May, I started working a summer job for 4 months ($18.33/hr) and quit before September to start University - as I started the Honours program (thesis for undergraduate degree), I have had no time for a job AT ALL. So, I made up a budget back in May to last me for a year (until next May)...

When I started, it wasn't so bad - I had about $150 a month to spend on whatever... but for those of you with girlfriends and lacking a field pass, you know that going out balling and dates is extremely expensive. I got hooked on the idea of pump early that summer, and so worked my butt off trying to get yard-work jobs to earn extra cash - I bought a VSC Phantom from Krazy8 and it is definitely my favourite so far (though I admittedly have yet to really get the Tac One out).

In October, I came across a Tac One Longbow/Qbow with a CF tank, etc - for $500 on Kijiji.ca. Now keep in mind, my budget had (at points) dropped to like $10 a month spending money - but I decided it was too good a deal to pass up so I found a friend that previously offered to buy my upped Dogleg 98c with Cyclone for $250, and got this fellow to drop to $450. I don't remember how I justified covering the rest, but it probably had to do with my extremely conservative original budget (ie. $1/L gas - it started at $0.80/L in May, but it's already up over $1) and GST returns, so I grabbed it.

I finally got it working (the Qloaders, the Xvalve, etc.) with a new 1200 psi output Ninja tank in January, but didn't get to adequately test it because my uber-short remote line choked it of air - at home, it fires just fine. I even used Christmas money to get an ASA and Empire Prophecy for ease of use in long games and for my girlfriend.

And recently, I thought of how when I was originally looking at getting a pump, I had first gone to Palmer's Pursuit Shop to see what they had - I had initially been drooling over the Pyres, but was dismayed by the price.

Now, a combination of a really cheap textbook list, my sister beginning to drive (and so being forced to cover half of the insurance - seriously, I pay over $800 for 6 months and she pays about $150), and me using the bus and penny-pinching everywhere possible (no, I didn't bum off my girlfriend :P) ... I checked my budget over again.

I have $200 a month to spend ... after purchasing a Palmer's Super Stocker (with taxes, shipping, and insurance). I plan on ordering Monday - double vented barrel, and a phantom-style feed that I can fit into the stock feed. From what I see on other pages (ie. the Typhoon Nasty, I believe), it could take 3 months to build. I am REALLY looking forward to hefting some brass.

It just seemed opportune - hell, I even convinced my dad and my girlfriend (just months after getting 2 new markers ... and I've only gotten out a lot for 1 season...I started the season before but only got out 3 times). See, if I don't get it now, I won't have it for this season... (maybe), and I'd probably just waste the money on food and crap at school. I'm getting a tax return April-ish worth at least $1500, which I will save for moving out after my undergraduate. It's ideal because I don't dip into next years budget, and I don't dip into my savings for moving out.

Posted Image
(Mine will just be nickel-plated, not black powdercoated).

Question: Is double-vented going to mess up my efficiency THAT much? :P
Also, how badass would it look with aluminum/brass 10 round tubes in the cram-jam feed?

EDIT: Sorry for the biography :P

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 29 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

#1144 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:06 AM

Double vented won't kill you that badly in efficiency. Don't fret.

It sounds like it will come out awesome. The removable phantom feeds are great. So you can always use the stock setup whenever you want. Yes it can take up to 3 months to complete. Depends on their work load. You are getting it slightly before tax return season so you are getting a jump. Busiest time of the year is coming up when everyone gets a return and everyone wants to blow it on PPS stuff.

I was looking at the aluminum tubes people were talking about producing. I am tempted by them but still not sure if i could rock em.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#1145 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:04 AM

Answer: Bad Ass

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 30 January 2011 - 09:05 AM

#1146 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:42 AM

I'm also going to ask if that Phantom feed will come nickel plated like the rest....

And if I can get the CCI Changer/grip frame plated too :) just strikes me as odd when the whole thing is shiny except the plugs and then a black changer lol

EDIT: I think I'll ask if they will take pictures while it's being built - it'd be cool to see a master at work, and all the effort that goes in to these beauties.

Another question: as there is no pump return spring, does the pump have to be held forward to fire? Will not doing so result in damage internally?

More good news: When I started dating my girlfriend 2 years and 7 months ago, there had been talk of going to Ireland with their family friends - they just booked the flights to London and Belfast (I think). I don't get immediately excited, it just kind of builds up - but I've never been out of North America so it's going to be wicked!

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 31 January 2011 - 12:25 PM

#1147 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

Well, I went and did it... they are going to nickel plate the bucket changer for me, but the stock grip frame's metal wouldn't hold up to the acid process before the plating...and I don't have an extra $170 for a 45 frame, unfortunately. However, I have heard the stock frame is quite comfortable.

Double venting, Phantom feed that can slide into the stock feed (also nickel plated)...

Now, one more question:

How on Earth do I wait 3 months???!

EDIT: I don't think those aluminum tubes ever came out :(

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 31 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

#1148 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

Trust me....you can wait. Every one of us that has ordered Palmer's goodness has felt your pain...and we have no sympathy! we suffered...an so shal you. :angry:

As for the stock frame...it is great. And the black compliments the nickle.
Am I missing something....are you getting a special feed block mounted, or are you going with the stock one?
I bought my Super Stocker used, it has a Phantom feed only tube on it and it is the one thing I wish was different about the thing. I always wanted to try rock back...but I have not and honestly have no idea if it is better. If I had the stock feed I could switch back and forth and decide which I liked best.

If you plan on running a stock you should look into a UMB with your order. If you get a UMB, then that could be nickled and would help hide the black of the trigger frame.

#1149 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

Ah, that's the interesting bit - the Phantom feed will slide INTO the cram and jam feed. :) Was only $10 more than the regular upgraded Phantom feed (plus nickeling cost).

#1150 User is offline   Locknpump 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:58 PM

Just bought my first HPA tank, really excited to use it soon, been on Co2 forever and I've heard this change is a big deal :) so yea im excited.

#1151 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:28 PM

Way to steal my thunder :angry: Haha, just kidding :laugh: ... it's funny, but I never actually have used CO2, except for 12 grams...

But because it's been on my VSC Phantom it's never been an issue I thought about much.

You're running a Superstock? What size of tank, then? Probably a 50ci or something? I use a 13/3000 on the Phantom sometimes ;)

#1152 User is offline   Spades 

• forum pizzimp
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sgt. spades

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

they need 12 gram HPA things... for lack of a better word. Probably be dangerous as hell
Posted Image

#1153 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:30 PM

View PostSpades, on 31 January 2011 - 09:07 PM, said:

they need 12 gram HPA things... for lack of a better word. Probably be dangerous as hell

I've seen as small as 8ci or 5ci done from scuba tanks by attaching paintball regs :P like 3.5 oz CO2 size..

#1154 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:40 AM

View Postcdrinkh20, on 30 January 2011 - 11:42 AM, said:

Another question: as there is no pump return spring, does the pump have to be held forward to fire? Will not doing so result in damage internally?

Nope. You have to hold the pump forward. There is no return spring. This means you always have to keep your hand on the pump. If you let go the bolt will slide back a little bit. This can be a benefit or a downfall depending on how you look at it. Generally having that happen will lower your FPS slightly, so if you want to drop a shot in on someone, try that, pump then let the handle slide back that 1/"-1/2". However some pumps actually gain velocity from that. It really depends on where they drilled the hole in the bottom of the bolt for the air to pass thru. Where it lines up properly is where you will get hte most FPS. That changes from marker to marker. So if you are curious when you get it, try firing both ways and see which way gives you more FPS. Like i said, generally the one with the bolt all the way forward will give you the most umph...but not always. ANd no you won't damage anything unless you cock it and hold the pump like halfway forward then fire. And even doing that you will jsut inevitably ruin the cocking lug that goes in the bolt and cocks the hammer..which can easily be replaced.

View Postcdrinkh20, on 31 January 2011 - 07:21 PM, said:

Well, I went and did it... they are going to nickel plate the bucket changer for me, but the stock grip frame's metal wouldn't hold up to the acid process before the plating...and I don't have an extra $170 for a 45 frame, unfortunately. However, I have heard the stock frame is quite comfortable.

Double venting, Phantom feed that can slide into the stock feed (also nickel plated)...

Now, one more question:

How on Earth do I wait 3 months???!

EDIT: I don't think those aluminum tubes ever came out :(

yeah i was going to say nickeling is not cheap. At all. If you don't like the stock sheridan frame try a new set of grips first. Most love the PMI rubber wrap arounds, but some poeple like me find em too small so Taso Battle grips work best for me.

Some people like the Sheridan frame with just wood grips. I like the look of the PMI rubber
Posted Image
But it was a tad too thin for my taste. So i opted for the Taso Battlegrips
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now after using those i decided to make mine uber unique and then had Noxx mill my frame so i could use a CCM 86* frame. Supposedly...and i hear it is possibly quite true...you can order a CCM T2 86* frame and it will indeed fit a sheridan with no modding. However, sheridan and PPS spacing are quite different, ask anyone who owns a K frame. So i guess that is irrelevent

This post has been edited by Legato: 01 February 2011 - 12:41 AM

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#1155 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:32 AM

Actually the nickeling wasn't bad - $10 for the bucket changer, probably $10 for the Phantom feed... and they only wanted $25 for the whole grip frame but she realised that they can't plate the stock frame due to it's metal composition.

Share this topic:

• (109 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users