Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:49 PM

Just post some funny and embarrassing stories about your paintball FAILS :D

#2 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:11 PM

Dude...I dont know where to start. If there is a way to embarrass oneself on the PB field, I have done it. Probably twice.

Let me start with this:
Since first playing in '86, I have broken 3 fingers, 2 toes, 2 ribs, and needed stitches twice. And that one time I peeled most of the kin off of my shin on a rock.

#3 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:18 PM

heatstroke was once an intimate friend, I learned quickly that black was not a good color in 90 plus heat.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#4 User is offline   Nico898 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:39 AM

View Post1-I, on 06 April 2011 - 09:18 PM, said:

heatstroke was once an intimate friend, I learned quickly that black was not a good color in 90 plus heat.

hahah i know its the worst :P

#5 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:01 AM

last season (first game too) fractured my knee cap, complete with damaged ligaments.
fail. lol.

#6 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

I was using a remote, and forgot to attach it to the asa. Turned the air on and it smacked me in the face
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#7 User is offline   Nico898 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:18 PM

alright so cause i made this thread i guess ill post one of my recent fails. I was taking fire from a guy behind a car, and i was behind a broken door. I decided to make a run for it and i got up and sprinted towards another car and ran threw tress and my pod belt got stuck between two trees and so i pretty much got closed line in a way, and my pod belt ripped and my pods fell, then i got shot a fair amount of times. But **** happens

#8 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:23 AM

There's been all kinds of ones...

(Disclaimer: New Player Making Dumb Mistakes) Negligent Discharge: After shooting in the backyard (when I lived somewhere where nobody cared), brought the gun back in, removed the hopper, and turned the gun upside down to try and get anything clear of the feed. Assuming it couldn't be loaded, I started to degas it and pulled the trigger. The next thing I know, my keyboard in the room is missing a few keys. One paintball had managed to hide out in the chamber and was missed from the whole "turn upside down to shake all the paint out" bit.

Moving on to the more recent....

Then there's all the paintball trip and falls. Managed to screw up my knee pretty badly at OK D-Day 2008 taking a tumble around some of those rocks.

Managed to completely dislodge my mask at a GBG a few years ago when I tripped and faceplanted. Right. Off. The. Break. :facepalm:

If it involves tripping, falling, slipping, or otherwise embarrassing yourself, I've done it. Had experiences with everything from sharp rocks to barbed wire to farming machinery (don't ask).

This post has been edited by Thalion: 08 April 2011 - 05:25 AM

Member of Team Akkadian

#9 User is offline   Erndogg 

• Team Suburban Support
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Erndogg

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:29 AM

View PostThalion, on 08 April 2011 - 07:23 AM, said:

Had experiences with everything from sharp rocks to barbed wire to farming machinery (don't ask).

With the exception of the barbed wire, I would say you read my mind......

Also, I play in shorts pretty frequently, as in the past I have had issues with heat stroke myself. This one time I was taking some fire as I was starting to head down a steep hill, tripped, and slid on my butt down the hill right into a patch of nettles ><

Also one time while I was waiting for a game to start on the field, I shot myself on the foot.

This post has been edited by Erndogg: 08 April 2011 - 07:30 AM

#10 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:14 AM

Well, my team used to party pretty heavy on Friday. We still do, but we used to, too.
So one Saturday morning, we all wake up late. We get ready and everything, but I forgot to eat breakfast. And I'm still hungover from all the Cabo Wabo I drank.

So we're out on the field, I'm sucking on my Camelback like it's oxygen, and I'm good... for about an hour and a half.
Then I started feeling weird. Whatever, drink more water. Then I got hit in the mouth...

As soon as I tasted the paint, I went Exorcist. Right in the middle of the field, just started puking. But it was all liquid. Bad part (or good...) was I kept my mask on.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#11 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:14 AM

I've got a great one from the first time I took my cousin paintballing! He just happened to have some two way radios and we decided to use them to co-ordinate on the field. So, we were playing an abandoned building, and our team was defending the building from an attack. I was on one side of the building and my cuz was on the other, but I got shot out early. So I handed off my radio to another player, who raised my cuz and informed him. A few minutes later, the opposing team made a big push on my cousin's side of the building and he freaked out and called in back up. As soon as the guy with the radio shows up to help, my cuz shoots him in the face!

Tagged out his own back up, classic!

As for me... Well, my parents would never in a million years have trusted me with any projectile launching device what-so-ever. So the first time I got a paintball gun was a while after I got my first job which was the Navy. Having been well aquainted with firearms, I had no faith what-so-ever in the cheap looking little plastic push button safety on my A-5.

So I developed a bad habbit of always checking to make sure the saftey was working... by pulling the trigger. This combined with two other unfortunate circumstances, eventually made me a danger to myself and others with a paintball gun.

First off, I was trained to keep my finger out of the trigger gaurd, except when firing. So as per said training I always keep my finger pointed straight along the side of the gun, just above the trigger gaurd.

Secondly, that's where the push button safety is! Doing that disengages the safety!

So: I place the marker on safe; I don't trust the safety, so I give the trigger a squeeze just to make sure; then I place my finger against the side of the gun inadvertantly, and unknowingly, disengaging the safety; then I still don't trust the safety so almost sub-consciously I go to squeeze the trigger again, just to make sure, annnnndddd.... bang.

On at least one occassion I accidently shot myself in the foot. Now I wear steel toe boots to paintball, so in keeping with the curse of the steel toe, just like any heavy object I've ever dropped on my foot while wearing steal toes specifically to prevent hurting myself when dropping heavy objects on my feet, this paintball struck JUST behind the steel toe and hurt like hell anyway. But at least the leather was semi protective.

On one occassion while walking side by side with a friend onto the field, I shot said friend point blank in the ankle. And, wow, that guy was a bleeder! Later I would accidently shoot his junk, honestly it was an accident. I felt really bad.

And on occassions too numerous to count I shot the ground inbetween or around my and my friends' feet.

This one was really hard to get over. All of these incidents further eroded my faith in the paintball safety, even though they had nothing to do with wheter it worked when it was engaged. It was design flaw in how it was disengaged that was the problem... and of course me. Which made me semi counsiously pull the trigger to make sure even more. Plus all the while I was still operating real weapons which was re-enforcing the whole keeping my finger along the body of the gun thing, which kept me accidently and unwittingly disengaging the paintball safety... It was a vicous cycle!
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:28 PM

For the first minigame at D-Day '08, they ran it just after 3 days worth of rain let up. It was around a flag on Pegasus Bridge, this big wood and steel bridge across a ravine, with a flag station in the middle.

Both sides basically ran up to the hills on each side that led down to the bridge about 30 feet away and started longballing. This was pretty lame, so I yelled something to the effect of 'C'mon, you BOINKERs, let's go! We gotta pull that flag!'

I was playing with just my AT-10 at the time, so I flip it into F/A and start running towards the flag, firing wildly up the hill. Amazingly, I made it to the bridge untouched. I thought I'd make it to the station, which was walled in enough that I could sit there reasonably safely and pull the flag as long as the people up the hill kept anybody from doing the same thing I was trying to do and bunker me.

Sadly, as soon as I hit the wet, slick wood, I went skidding, falling ass-over-head and sliding all over the place.

And, in the process, I got lit up like an Xmas tree.

In the end, we still whupped them-a buddy of mine did the same run with nothing but his Pug and didn't go ass-over-head in the process, but boy, did I feel stupid. And in pain. Mostly pain. :facepalm:

#13 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:21 AM

During some rec play I forgot to open the ball valve on my remote to let air into the marker before a 2 vs 1 game. I was the solo player and managed to sneak up on one of the guys stalking me. I pulled the trigger and just heard the click of the sear releasing the hammer. That gave away my position real quick (Tippmanns are loud even without air). The other player turned and I got lit up.

Once when I was reffing a private group I ran into the boundary line and it almost took my goggles off.

That is all I can think of at the moment. I am sure I will be able to remember more later on.

#14 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

Nothing too bad I don't think. Certainly nothing physically damaging, but kinda ego wise.

There was a group of us standing on top of a hill scouting an objective, I had stepped forward onto the downhill slope & after a moment my feet slipped from under my & I landed straight on my rear. I stand up & 5 seconds later it happened again... I quickly moved back to the top of the hill. What a putz.

We were defending a position out in the middle of the woods. I had been shot out, but when I respawned I worked my way back to the front line while it was really quiet, i.e. not a single opfor anywhere near that position - felt like a war movie where there is that calm before the storm. I started to move towards a heavy brush area just off a trail w/ a good field of view when I stepped on a tripwire to one of our claymores (smoke/flashbang) eliminating myself & 2 other guys who were within 15' of it. Still a putz.

@Cuy'val Dar - just noticed the sig... nice

This post has been edited by ger: 15 April 2011 - 09:33 AM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#15 User is offline   Fear the Reaper 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:53 AM

So back when I first got into paintball, I found a A-5 on ebay and purchased it. (like new). Got my friends together and we went back into the woods to play (9 of us). They all stood around while I went over the rules, and safety discussion.

Now, I was standing there with no mask on, and since we were new, most of us were just wearing regular clothes, jeans and such.

Anyway, everyone jokingly calls me "safety pup" anyway, so I get done, and reach over to pick up my A-5 and it is facing me, and I pick it up and my gloved finger taps the trigger. Everyone is still looking at me...

Boom.

It was my first time getting hit with a paintball. (or should I say "PAINball").

Yeow1!!11!

My "friends" died laughing. It still comes up at least once a season. My brother in law stared at me, expecting me to just quit right then and never actually play... lol.

Later, when I got a chronograph, I found out my gun was shooting 350+, and of course I was using monsterball. But, hey, it was the only time I've ever seen that paint break before!

Here is a pic from the end of that day.
Posted Image
"We expect to lead and be led. In the absence of orders I will take charge, lead my teammates, and accomplish the mission.
I lead by example in all situations...

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users