• You cannot reply to this topic

I really need some help... Whats Better? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Spyder-Man36 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Spyder-Man

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:25 AM

Hi guys, whats up its Spyder-Man36, I'm fairly new at playing paintball, but I love to play it. Now as far as how good I am, I really don't know. My gun is a ViewLoader Triton II, I spent 80 dollars on it because it was a good beginner gun from what I had heard. Now, my friend that I play with has a Tipmann 98 Custom witha J&J 16 inch ceramic barrel, which is really good. Now my gun has a 10 inch barrel with a couple of relief holes at the end of it. Guy's, its accuracy is down the toilet. Its horrible. I want to get a new gun, and I've done a little research into what I want to get. If I were to be getting a Tipmann, I would get a sniper kit, cause I love to snipe, and no I'm not a camping sniper I'll get out there with the rest of the guys and shoot. But, I've also looked into the Spyder MR2 which is affordable with the bunch of things I want to get for it. As far as price goes, I am only really going to spend about $300 MAX on a new gun, b/c no matter what the gun is, I'm going to get a remote line, and a hopper/Co2 holder for the my waste. Now which is better, the Tipmann or the Spyder? or any other suggestions would help

#2 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:54 AM

Ugh since your obviously new to paintball and in your "sniper phase" I'm going to help you out accordingly. A good marker for the price given would be a G3 or a mini. Tippmann and spyder are going down the tubes and aren't that great anymore. You should look into Smart Parts SP-1. It can accept a stock and has many rails for scopes etc. It is electronic but can be run off co2 as I'm quite sure your unfamiliar with HPA. It is about half the price you are willing to spend so that's a plus.
Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

#3 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:02 PM

There are other options out there other than Kingamn and Tippmann.
For example:
http://www.actionvil...om/010-187-0068
http://www.actionvil...om/010-187-0087

A bit more expensive option: http://www.actionvil...om/010-187-0039

Have you considered pump? http://www.actionvil...om/010-477-0003

Those links are simply examples. If you spend a bit of time you can find used markers at awesome prices on this forum and others as well as ebay, craigslist or kijiji.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#4 User is offline   Sneaky Big Foot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:21 PM

The sp1 is great and it sounds like what you need with your playing stile especialy since it is quiet but, how avalible is HPA and co2. And do some reserch on the word sniper on this or any paintball forum and while I respect your opinion and understand ware you are coming from (I like to ambush and I know some great shots) to keep this on same subject use acronyms for sniper in the sted of the word sniper. And sory about the spelling I can't find how to spell cheak on fire fox.
hybrid player speedball+woodsball its sweet
Cna you raed tihs? piatnblal, sarmt prats, tpipmnan, sohoter ION owner #65

#5 User is offline   Tribs 

• Real men use 12 grams
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:56 PM

View PostSneaky Big Foot, on May 3 2009, 05:21 PM, said:

The sp1 is great and it sounds like what you need with your playing stile especialy since it is quiet but, how avalible is HPA and co2. And do some reserch on the word sniper on this or any paintball forum and while I respect your opinion and understand ware you are coming from (I like to ambush and I know some great shots) to keep this on same subject use acronyms for sniper in the sted of the word sniper. And sory about the spelling I can't find how to spell cheak on fire fox.

--Off topic--
Just right-click the words that have the red scribble underneath them, Firefox offers the correct spellings.

#6 User is offline   Spyder-Man36 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Spyder-Man

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:48 PM

View PostTribs, on May 3 2009, 02:56 PM, said:

View PostSneaky Big Foot, on May 3 2009, 05:21 PM, said:

--Off topic--
Just right-click the words that have the red scribble underneath them, Firefox offers the correct spellings.

Alright first things, I've played paintball for about two years, I should have said this but I was in a rush, also I know what HPA is, and there is no place around me where I can get it, only co2. Also, I'm more of a woodsball player, so i need a gun that won't like die if i get it a little wet or drop it, which is why I was going with the Spyder MR2 with its all metal frame. I'm cool with electric guns, not a fan of pump guns, but thankz anyway. Now I'm not an expert but I do know how to play, I've used a paintball sniper rifle before, and if I do say so myself 12 headshots in one game, (out of 2 games played, b/c i used my Viewloader the second time), is pretty good with a sniper...and sorry for using the word "sniper" lol its just, well, I'm more concerned about other things but thank you for all your info. Keep it coming...If I could put a video up of how bad my gun is you'll see why I need another one, especially with summer right around the corner.

#7 User is offline   anti_arrows 

• Would You Kindly?
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:09 PM

View PostSpyder-Man36, on May 3 2009, 05:48 PM, said:

I've used a paintball sniper rifle before,

But there's no such thing:(
Offical Pump Club Member #159
You Can't Wipe A Welt
Yeah My Gun Has PSP...Pump Shoot Pump

#8 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:18 PM

View Postanti_arrows, on May 3 2009, 09:09 PM, said:

View PostSpyder-Man36, on May 3 2009, 05:48 PM, said:

I've used a paintball sniper rifle before,

But there's no such thing:(

aha my thoughts exactly and yeah that whole concept of there being "woodsball" and "speedball" markers go ahead and throw that away right now. As for the durability statement that too was also very wrong. Most electronic markers more commonly used in tournament style play are much more durable then said spyders, tippmanns etc.
Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

#9 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:20 PM

Firstly, I would make sure your paint is fresh and your barrel and breech is free of debris. Paintball markers themselves are all very similar in how accurate they shoot. A 1,000 marker isn't going to shoot a great deal straighter than a $100 one. The main difference is going to be in how consistent the marker is. It also has to do the with tolerances of the marker's manufacturer. As for being a sniper, it depends on how you look at it. All paintball markers shoot the same effective range. The relief holes, or porting, don't have an effect on the barrel's accuracy. They're mainly there for sound. The most important factor is that the barrel is well crafted and has a consistent, smooth, bore.

I think CO2 is fine is you use it correctly. I actually prefer it for its cheap fills, and slim tank sizes. A regulator helps a lot with consistency, but they are also somewhat expensive. Just make sure your equipment and your tank are the same temperature you are playing in. Don't leave your gear out in the sun or in a warm car, and don't use a tank that has just been filled. CO2's output pressure is directly related to the velocity it shoots at, which is directly related to its temperature. The more consistent the temperature of your tank and marker is, the more consistent you will shoot. Since firing a lot chills the tank, try to space out your shots.

Ever looked at classic valved Automags? They have a regulated blowforward design. They've been around since the early 90s and still hold their worth. They also have that old school ruggedness to them you can't quite find in most modern markers. With a one piece stainless steel body it makes 98 custom feel like a toy. They're also about as easy as it gets to disassemble.
Here's a couple videos incase you're curious: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PGM6BgfcbU0
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sIls_AZVASU
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#10 User is offline   Chance Gray 

• Urban Chaos Founder
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chance Gray

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:27 AM

If you want an opinion about the Spyder MR-2, I've got one, and my teammate has one. He's got the older version, mine is the newer type with eyes. The MR's do break paint- maybe one in 500 or so. I attribute mine to a rifled barrel and old paint. HPA does help though. The MR is very easy to maintain, and I like it just as much as my A-5.

Tippman's are good too, as I've said, I've got an A-5. Haven't used it much, but it works when I've used it.

I would recommend any gun I have, but the Smart Parts SP-1 others have mentioned is excellent. Cheap, easy to maintain, durable, and decently accurate.

The other gun I'd recommend is the BT TM-7. You'd need HPA, but out of two boxes and counting, my friend has yet to breaka ball. The price is pretty hefty too, but it's well worth it.
Chance Gray
Sabre/Broadsword
Urban Chaos Designation: Delta 2-1

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=167797

#11 User is offline   chinstrap 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kl0wn

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:07 AM

View PostSpyder-Man36, on May 3 2009, 08:48 PM, said:

Alright first things, I've played paintball for about two years, I should have said this but I was in a rush, also I know what HPA is, and there is no place around me where I can get it, only co2. Also, I'm more of a woodsball player, so i need a gun that won't like die if i get it a little wet or drop it, which is why I was going with the Spyder MR2 with its all metal frame. I'm cool with electric guns, not a fan of pump guns, but thankz anyway. Now I'm not an expert but I do know how to play, I've used a paintball sniper rifle before, and if I do say so myself 12 headshots in one game, (out of 2 games played, b/c i used my Viewloader the second time), is pretty good with a sniper...and sorry for using the word "sniper" lol its just, well, I'm more concerned about other things but thank you for all your info. Keep it coming...If I could put a video up of how bad my gun is you'll see why I need another one, especially with summer right around the corner.

Keep your Triton and just get a Palmer's female stabilizer with a bottomline mount, then invest in a good barrel and your marker will perform much better. Also, those things, especially the stabilizer, are still useful if you decide to change your marker (depending on the barrel threading of the new marker, of course).

But the stabilizer is a must if you're not going to switch to HPA. Even if you do make the switch, it'll still be a good regulator.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:48 AM

Sp-1 is better than all spyders and Tippmanns.
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Scouting Sniper 

• Sniper
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:emerald.kontact

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

If you are set on a Tippman or spyder, and you want a "sniper" I would suggest a Pro-Lite or Pro-Carbine with a longer barrel. I think my brother has one around 14". The are one of the older makes so you can find them cheaper, but it still has great quality.
Christian 'Baller

If you are under 16 and pay for your own gear, put this in your signature.

Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio

#14 User is offline   Deus Ex Machina 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:42 PM

In my opinion, there are only three things you can add to a Tippmann that will make it more accurate: A stabilizer or regulator, a barrel kit or well made barrel like Palmer's brass, and a stock. Polishing the internals will also help somewhat.

With that being said, a Tippmann using a stab/reg, brass barrel, polished internals, and a stock, is something to be reckoned with.

I've used a Spyder MR2, and I didn't have success with it. As with all paintball guns, your mileage will vary, but I generally don't like the MR2.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users