• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The A-5 Review thats right, i went there Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   PAINTBALLACE 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:08 PM

View PostGspence, on Feb 25 2006, 06:40 PM, said:

The A-5 is known for its sturdyness, shown by countless videos of A-5s being run over by trucks.

Can you give me a link for these countless videos

#17 User is offline   Gspence 

• ?
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gspence

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:50 AM

no. go find one yourself.
IPB Image
IPB Image

#18 User is offline   ambushsniper12 

• Master Sniper
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:GhostSniper12

Posted 02 April 2006 - 05:02 PM

a A5 with a stiffi barrel might be loud compared to a Tac One or a Autococker. but if you take one shot, like a real sniper does, than your set with the A5 with a stiffi. even if you miss, your opponet will most likley not know what direction it came from. this is coming from someone with an A5 with an All American(which is almost as quiet as a stiffi) and people have not known where i was when i one-shotted them right off their dome. so, with a stiffi, it would be a little easier to shoot undetected.

This post has been edited by ambushsniper12: 02 April 2006 - 05:05 PM

~SpecialOps Master Sniper~
IPB Image
IPB Image

#19 User is offline   PAINTBALLACE 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2006 - 09:02 AM

View PostGspence, on Apr 2 2006, 01:50 AM, said:

no. go find one yourself.

Wow, just load your review full of bs. "Countless videos," ppssh... I haven't seen one of these videos.

This post has been edited by PAINTBALLACE: 07 July 2006 - 09:03 AM

#20 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:roguefaktion

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:44 AM

I just ordered my A5 dogleg along with a stiffy, red dot sight, and tac cap. hopefully I'll be able to offer my review of it soon. Why go with the A5? I'm starting out in the sport and not entirely sure if i'll be good enough to stick with the sniper position. I'm a pretty tall guy about 200lbs and not exactly as spry as I was in high school, so I figure the A5 has me covered if I decide to take on a sabre or broadsword role instead. And personally, I think that the shooter has a lot more to do with the sniper position than the marker does, as long as its not total garbage.
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jay, AKA Rogue... Chairman, Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball and Cousin's Paintball NJ

#21 User is offline   serpent stelth 

• serpent stealth
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:serpent stealth

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:04 AM

i just got an A-5 with a 16'' precision-riffeld barrel featuring the turbulence scavenger muzzle break,6 pos stock,offset elbow,tac light,laser avdio and a riffle scope. i am totaly satisfyed with it as a paintball sniping marker. let me tell you.. yea it may be a hella loud marker but i only need one shot. and when they hear that loud CRACK from that one shot. what ever i am aiming at yells OUT!! and everyone else is yelling SNIPER GET THE HELL TO COVER!!!! and when everyone is hallin DUMPER there is no way in all that excitement that anyone is gonna pinpoint my position do to that one shot...

#22 User is offline   paintcowboy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 August 2006 - 02:38 PM

"Its loud dude. Loud. Snipers shouldnt be loud."

If you are good at concealment loud doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure Carlos Hathcock's .308 was loud, as was his modified .50 and no VC ever got him... I know, paintball snipers and military snipers aren't the same, but in some aspects they are. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in... Good review, helped alot

#23 User is offline   gamer 

• Yes.... it hurts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHADOWOPS

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:07 PM

You are comparing apples and oranges. Real world sniping has about 20 percent similarity to paintball sniping, at best. Paintball sniping is almost all about concealment, and your noise report accounts for alot of that.

A sniper can have a loud marker, yes. That makes it ten times easier to discover him, and zero in his position.

If you had a loud marker and waited for people to come within 30 feet of you to shoot them then that means you have a 30 foot zone you are effective in. You are not firing at people from a distance and giving them time enough to zero you in. A lud sniper can not make shots very far, or the ris of beign discovered is that much more huge.

If you have a quiet marker you can pin them from up to 150 feet away and still remain concealed. remember that a snipers job is also to harass the enemy and slow their offense to a nervous crawl. Loud snipers find themselves getting caught WAY too often, where silent snipers do themselves and their team way more good.

When one sniper can hold up an entire offensive flank by themselves, buying their team valuable time, then he becomes the real MVP for the game. When snipers sit in bushes and wait for people to travel within 30 feet of them they are wasting alot of opportunity.

Besides, there is not one single benifit to having a loud sniper marker. There is plenty reason to have a quiet one. Common sense.... but the problem with common sense is that it is not too common.

Use an A5. They are great... but even Spec Ops didnt make a sniper A5. They used Tac Ones and Ion, which are quite simply much better for sniping. Case and point.
- I am Jack's complete lack of suprise. -

#24 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 30 August 2006 - 04:07 AM

You can't tell how good a sniper is by his marker...Skill is more important than your gun. If you know how to hide, you could use a cannon for a sniper marker. Also, how would a loud sniper not be able to make long shots? Wouldn't he need to make longer shots so no one could tell where it was coming from? It REALLY doesn't matter what gun you use. Use whatever gun you like best, and you will be the best sniper you can be.

#25 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:14 AM

You guys argue about sound but I say it really isn't a huge deal, for me anyway. On my outlaw field its so small that no matter what gun you're shooting everyone will still be able to hear you. Even when shooting an extremely quiet marker, like the Black Maxx for instance, your opponents will still be able to hear you.

Also Tyger did a video on webdog talking against snipers. Now while I don't agree with everything he said there was one thing that stuck out. He argued that a loud or quiet marker doesn't make a huge difference of whether you're going to be caught or not. If you fire off just one or two rounds it will be very hard to find you no matter how loud or quiet your gun is.
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#26 Guest_LONGBOW_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 08:42 AM

Nice review.

#27 User is offline   obiwan 

• Super duper Master special #1 member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bravo4569

Posted 30 September 2006 - 09:29 AM

I hate the stock A5 to me it just stinks.upgrade and it is pretty good.

#28 User is offline   buffaloclone 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2006 - 09:25 AM

were can you get it for 160 new???

#29 User is offline   MESSIAH OF DEATH 

• Canadian HITMAN
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MESSIAH OF DEATH

Posted 22 October 2006 - 06:18 PM

Great post.

automaggot # 125

#30 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:33 PM

View Postambushsniper12, on Apr 2 2006, 07:02 PM, said:

a A5 with a stiffi barrel might be loud compared to a Tac One or a Autococker. but if you take one shot, like a real sniper does, than your set with the A5 with a stiffi. even if you miss, your opponet will most likley not know what direction it came from. this is coming from someone with an A5 with an All American(which is almost as quiet as a stiffi) and people have not known where i was when i one-shotted them right off their dome. so, with a stiffi, it would be a little easier to shoot undetected.

I don't know if there was something wrong with my stiffi before I sold it but it was really loud compared to the barrel kit I have on it now. And its just a regular aluminum empire barrel kit. It wasn't real accurate either, plus it scratches really easily, I took a chunk out of the end the first time I played with it. By the way it was on an A5.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users