• This topic is locked

T8.1/9.1 Extended Mags

#1 User is offline   T8 Snipa 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:A-5 Snipa

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:42 AM

Hey i was wondering if it would be possible to make T8.1 and 9.1 (fs mags) extended mag kits i believe they would sell fast

#2 User is offline   schulzy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Schulzy Bear

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:15 AM

You could, but you would have to gut the whole magazine. You'd need to buy a new spring, cut the bottom of the magazine, then build the bottom half with a lathe, or whatever it is you'd use (I'm no expert on the terms of this stuff). Then weld the two pieces together, and then make sure it fits.

Sure, they could sell fast, but for the effort you'd have to put in for one, I don't think it'd be worth selling.

They would definetly be cool, though.

#3 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:41 AM

T8 Snipa, on 15 August 2010 - 09:42 AM, said:

Hey i was wondering if it would be possible to make T8.1 and 9.1 (fs mags) extended mag kits i believe they would sell fast

there are several thread for this on TA (Tiberius Arms) forum.
in short: if you have Special Ops extension, you could use a T8/9 Mag with some rather easy modification to work with FS barrels.

#4 User is offline   T8 Snipa 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:A-5 Snipa

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:27 PM

how do u make the mods to work with fs barrel

#5 User is offline   noce13o 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:29 PM

schulzy, on 15 August 2010 - 08:15 PM, said:

You could, but you would have to gut the whole magazine. You'd need to buy a new spring, cut the bottom of the magazine, then build the bottom half with a lathe, or whatever it is you'd use (I'm no expert on the terms of this stuff). Then weld the two pieces together, and then make sure it fits.

Sure, they could sell fast, but for the effort you'd have to put in for one, I don't think it'd be worth selling.
I'm guessing you don't realize that spec ops already sells/sold extension kits for the round paintball t8/t9 mags, and the original poster's asking for the same deal, but for first strike (ie a d shaped extension tube). So it would definitely 'be worth selling'.

T8 Snipa, on 15 August 2010 - 10:27 PM, said:

You need to dremel the front lip of the old mags so they fit into the fs barrel, plenty of info about this on the TA forums.

#6 User is offline   skieaskhell 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:22 AM

noce13o, on 15 August 2010 - 03:29 PM, said:

I'm guessing you don't realize that spec ops already sells/sold extension kits for the round paintball t8/t9 mags, and the original poster's asking for the same deal, but for first strike (ie a d shaped extension tube). So it would definitely 'be worth selling'.

You need to dremel the front lip of the old mags so they fit into the fs barrel, plenty of info about this on the TA forums.

Per B-Dazl on the thread that I started a few weeks ago, the Spec Ops ext mags do not work for FS rounds.

http://forum.moatipa...howtopic=183350

#7 User is offline   redthirst 

• AVOID THE NOID!
  • PipPip
  • Location:The South <-- this used to be more specific... but then somebody snitched on me.
  • Brigade Name:WrightPower

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:52 AM

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd post my question here:

Does SpecOps have any intention of making FS capable extended X.1 mags?
Masters of awesome whom I don't BOINK with: Montresor, long_baller, JerseyPaint, Deschaine, brokepballer, Frontier Bill, Bookworm, TREE FITTY (he's a zombie), THIS COULD BE YOU!

#8 User is offline   tgs-killer 

• 杰艾尺
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow Fox

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:16 AM

skieaskhell, on 18 August 2010 - 11:22 AM, said:

noce13o, on 15 August 2010 - 03:29 PM, said:

Per B-Dazl on the thread that I started a few weeks ago, the Spec Ops ext mags do not work for FS rounds.

http://forum.moatipa...howtopic=183350

T8 Snipa was actually answering the question as to if and how the regular T8 magazines would be able to work and/or be compatible with the FS (First Strike) barrel. And his response was, "you need to dremel the front lip of the old mags so they fit into the fs barrel"...which is correct if you plan on using the T8 mags with the T8.1's,

redthirst, on 17 December 2010 - 12:52 PM, said:

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd post my question here:

Does SpecOps have any intention of making FS capable extended X.1 mags?

As far as I know, yes they do plan on it. This idea is on the drawing table and might become a reality. Just don't expect Tiberius to join in the same game. Needless to say, all you would really need to do is to create a second half of the shell for the T8.1 magazine, which would be the right side (i.e. side with magazine spring window slide). But then you would eliminate the spring slide holder area and simply extend that to accommodate how many rounds needed. That entire extension would mount onto the left side of the magazine shell and overlap the bottom of the left shell as well. It's really simple once you think about it. Same idea and same usage with the extended spring. I'm not sure if SpecOps will be using Tiberius' cast method or CNC. Whatever the case may be, the anticipation increases

-Jarred
Custom_Cockers feedback +59/-0
http://customcockers...killer-Feedback

New PBN feedback +115/-0
http://www.pbnation....ck.php?u=135922

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users