• You cannot reply to this topic

Cyclone or qLoader? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ThunderStrike 

• THUNDR
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:THUNDR

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:54 AM

I plan to get a new gun in a month or two and trick it out as a broadsword rifle. I'm going with a Tippmann/SO X7, flatline barrel, one of the stocks, not sure which yet, and the trinity bipod/grip. However, I'm not sure whether to keep the cyclone loader or convert it to a qloader. I've currently got a qloader for my Spyder MR2 and I love the low profile and fast reload, not to mention the silence of compressed paint in the pods. However, I think the cyclone system with a larger hopper would be more effective for sustained suppression, plus the fact that regular pods carry more paint than qpods. After all, the position is about high capacity and laying paint isn't it? If anyone has any advice or experience, I welcome any suggestions. Thanks

#2 User is offline   the hittmann 

• I'm watching you
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:the hittmann

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:05 AM

You have to remeber that the qloader can only hold 100, and the pods are expensive. The cyclone will go as fast as the x7 will shoot, if you upgrade it correctly. And as a broadsword you are relied on for firepower(unless the hammers are there) but still that is part of what a broadsword is. I would keep the cyclone and upgrade it.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
My favorite mode on a smart parts gun is OFF!!
Save a rock throw an ion.

#3 User is offline   Gernads 

• High Snow Lord, King of the Blow Lands
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gernads

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:52 AM

It depends. Personally, I will be carrying 8 Q-pods in my Sabre vest. That's 800 rounds. Enough to keep peoples head's down. It all depends on what you want. Also, the Q-pod will load extremely fast, so don't worry about speed comparing the cyclone to the q-loader.

#4 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:08 PM

View PostGernads, on Mar 1 2008, 10:52 AM, said:

It depends. Personally, I will be carrying 8 Q-pods in my Sabre vest. That's 800 rounds. Enough to keep peoples head's down. It all depends on what you want. Also, the Q-pod will load extremely fast, so don't worry about speed comparing the cyclone to the q-loader.

But what do you do if you need to borrow paint?

#5 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:31 PM

View PostOrpackrat, on Mar 1 2008, 07:08 PM, said:

View PostGernads, on Mar 1 2008, 10:52 AM, said:

But what do you do if you need to borrow paint?

Borrow from someone with a QLoader - Or don't borrow out on the field.

He stated he wants to set up as a Broadsword marker, and if you are relating to positions then the Broadsword is a fairly high fire rate to give sustained suppressive fire. Fast reloads would be required. The QLoader cvan give a high rate of feed and QPods can be switched at speed.

So a QLoader would be suitable with a practiced reload, but you should be carrying the paint you need unless you have a paint caddy following you with QPods.

#6 User is offline   KILLSWITCH 

• OSF
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:K1LLSWITCH

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:09 PM

I say cyclone just upgrade it with the TechT parts and it should be good to go (they say 30bps) dont see the sense in the qloader if you are ever at a scenario event i would see reloading a qloader as kind of a hassle especially if you go through all your paint and have to reload all of them.

#7 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:06 PM

C'mon now, its really not that bad! OK, "only" 100 rounds. Lets go extreme, say you can shoot 25 bps. Thats 4 seconds of constant shooting. Count out 4 seconds, it really is a long time, more than most people realize. "Only" 100 rounds is really a mote point in my opinion.

Reloads are very fast and the Qpods are durable. Durable enough to throw on the ground. Once you get practiced with reloading the Qpods, it is not a hassle and only takes a few seconds a Qpod. I've been playing scenarios for over 3 years and using the Qloader for the same amount of time. I started out with 5 Qpods and have never had issues with needing paint on the field. Remember when you buy a Qpod you are buying a loading system. Its almost like buying a spring powered hopper. So of course the cost will be a bit higher.

As far as Cyclone vs Qloader, that will be up to you and your needs. I do recommend you come by our forum, look around and ask a few questions of our members. www.qloader.com

#8 User is offline   ThunderStrike 

• THUNDR
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:THUNDR

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:24 AM

Yeah I have been leanin towards the qloader cause of the low profile and I have gotten good at reloading with it, and with my current set up ill be carrying 8 pods on my harness and 1 on gun so ill have 900 rounds on me and i might even get another 2pod leg harness and a few more pods. thanks for all the suggestions.

#9 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:17 PM

you may as well just spend the money you wouldve spent on the qloader, an get cyclone ups and a new trigger system

#10 User is offline   Wind 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wind

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:29 AM

If you're going to be laying down suppressive fire then I would stick with the A5 hopper set up. This gives you the ability to carry more rounds which helps keep you on the field longer since you will not run out of ammo as quickly. Also, this gives you the ability to let a team mate borrow a pod if need be.
Sabre #32
If one makes a decision with a cool head, he won't find himself regretting that decision later on.

#11 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:13 PM

My experience with the Q-loader was not good. I spent more time trouble shooting the pds than using them. If you break a ball in the pods, you have to disassemble it to clean. You have to make sure there is enough tension on the spring before you actually load it. If you lock the Q-pod in place and the spring doesn't release, you aren't going to be shooting using it.

Personnally, I hate it and thought it was a waste of moeny.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#12 User is offline   DeltaX 

• ION Spec Ops Leader
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DeltaX

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:28 AM

I had a q-loader for a little bit now and I've spent nothing but trying to get it to work. I spent more time off the field than on the filed playing. But I rather go with a cyclone, but its your choice. If you want, I'm selling my q-loader for my a-5. But if your buying a x-7 you'll need to buy a diffrent addapter. Only $20. Q-loaders are something that takes time to get it to work the way you want. PM me if your intrested.

This post has been edited by DeltaX: 07 April 2008 - 06:02 AM

#13 User is offline   JKLNHYD 

• OG Newb...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:48 AM

I had 18 Qpods at one time a couple of years ago, I have pics on another computer that is in storage if someone doubts me. Anyway, I hated the thing very quickly. As mentioned, tiresome to load, expensive to buy, some would work and others did not. Plus, I cut my A5 just to be able to try it out.

If and when I get another A5, I will be doing this mod to it that I saw from another thread. but, i will be cutting the back of the cyclone out so the ball will roll in without having to point the marker down.

Borg-Tech

This post has been edited by JKLNHYD: 07 April 2008 - 05:49 AM

My senior member list, Pm me if you think you should be on it. PUZUMA Tyler MurderDeathKill Animal Mother BlackOpsghost Evil Finger Uwannago Weapso Tyger Dr. Wiggy The Stuntman Cops911 Riddick Twistedpsyche Custom Cowboy CamoDeafie Redleg64 ClumsyNinja DigitalPirate Slinkyaroo The Dirty Samurai Neo Enhander AirHOg shadow 772 LONGBOW deltapaintball Styro shadowlord Gunslinger7 Enders War Prodigy evillepaintball Deus Wolf Rifleman ghost93 luke-inator
My New Homie List. PM me
agentM192 nos4atu florentine PhantomAssassin thebostinian T-Freak Ka1iBuR StealingYerMail Not You
My Profile Friend's List, who wants on?
"Calm you down? Done. Enjoy your vacation."- PuzumaClick the link

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users