• You cannot reply to this topic

Thinking about building a mag just some questions Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:17 PM

alrighty, here goes, I would like to make a mag! But I want it to be special. Here's what I'd like to do.

I'd like to sorta copy the sniper mag except I'd like to use the tac one as the base and instead of the q-loader in back I'd like it up front like the q-bow. and slap either a t-stock on the back or a t2w stock. another thing! I recently found out that the warp right bodies for the tac one are out of stock indefinitely! so, I'd have to use an ultra light wr main body (unfortunately it only comes in red, not very stealthy).

So one of my questions is can I order a tac one with a the ul wr main body instead of the normal tac one body? Would it cost more or less seeing as the UL main body costs less?
Would I be better off going with a classic mag? then I have the same questions.

I was told that the Tac One is one of the best guns ever made, I believe that using the Tac One as my base marker for this will set me up for a very nice sniper platform.
I just want something I can have a little more faith in than my Ion, lol! which hasn't messed up on me... yet... I feel more comfort in holding a mechanical marker instead of an electro. I've learned that I don't NEED to fire fast, only accurately when the poo hits the fan, and I don't believe my Ion is the best accuracy wise. My team captain has the Tac One with the same barrel as me, and it's more accurate and about as quiet, if not quieter! So yeah, I'd just like some info, sorry for the long post! lol!

this is what I would like to do except with a stock instead of the tank.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Phobeus: 10 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

#2 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QUESTIONFUL

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

Just buy the warp right tac body used on AO. I don't know how often they come up or how much they go for since I don't keep an eye out for tac bodies, but just post up a WTB.

BTW a tac one is ANY mag that has the tac body on it. The body is just a cosmetic thing. You can have a classic mag with a tac body. But I think you want an RT valve.

#3 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:17 PM

you dont need a warp right mainbody, infact you could use a warp left. If anything it would reduce profile even more.
( if the hose gets hit on a warp left It would have definatly hit your body)

if your building a Mag Used it the way to go. any form of Franken Mag will quickly jump to 1000$ on the marker ALONE if your not carefull.
If your going for a stealthy style or the "sniper" as we deam to call it here. ( im a non believer, shoot me now. )
then get on the AO forum. some of those guys are geniouses. ( wickwire )
If your using The tac one mainbody then yes, anyhting is considered a Tac one.

I bought me Tac one not to long ago, im using it for the first time this weekend.
but I had to really really fight with the level ten to get it right. ( to the point I was about to ship it back, or to someone else )
the RT is a really good "Base" you can ask to factory or search to get the RT custom with the Tac one warp left/right/ up ( ;) ) with the marker.
plus the RT effect is amazing.

Before you jump to a marker of your dreams cheak out all the other markers.
for me it was between the dangerous power G3 and the AGD tac one.

things you will need to know
1: If you want a on/off ASA then you need to buy one seperate. all mags come with two 90 degree fittings and a 9'' steel braided hose with one tube of shrink wrap. ( fittings are also black ) so if you want macroline you need 90 dregree macroline fittings and 12' of macro line and a nice razor or a sugical exacto knife. ( the tip of the knife is really really shiny, thats diamond. thats why its so sharp... thats also why swiss army knifes are 200$. surgucal knife's )

anyways.
2: depending on the marker, if you get the tac one, or the RT custom then you NEED HPA, i'm sure you've figured this out by now.
3: get yourself a nice hopper. ( Q loader as you said. )
4: get yourself a good on/off anyways. its just better.
5: no, you dont need a new barrel, get that later. )
6: your T2W stock has an airthrough, use it.
7: your going to spend over 1000$ by the sounds of this. be ready for a heafty price tag.
8: get the ULT. uninstalled. its so sweet. its easy to install yourself.
9: be ready fo fiddle with the marker.
10: DO NOT overtighten your fittings.. omg like upber pwnds yourself if you do this.
11: it doesnt come with a barrel sock
12: get yourself spare level ten parts or Xvalve parts just in case.
13: be ready for a really, really cool marker.

#4 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:36 PM

I don't think a standard warp tac will go over $1000. That would take at least some E-mag lowers.

Anyway, like Eskimo said, it's not that important that you go warp right instead of warp left. And if you do go warp left, it sounds like you want a very standard tac. Just order the one at the AGD site.

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cf...p;categoryID=81

#5 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:46 PM

View Postquestionful, on Jul 10 2008, 07:36 PM, said:

I don't think a standard warp tac will go over $1000. That would take at least some E-mag lowers.

well look t it this way. it cost me 612$ canadian to buy and have a tac one shipped to me.
plus 120$ for a hopper ( 732$ )
A air tank 200$ ( 932$ )
on/off 70$ ( 1002$ )
fittings 10$ ( 1012$ )
plus 14% tax rate 140$ ( 1412$ )

yea. the Q loader is about 250$ easy, 120-250 = 130 ( 1542$ )
the T2W stock is ??? ( 1542$ + ??? )

so yea, infact I believe This expendature will exeed 1300$ gaunteed 1500 depending on If he'd got his own airtank.

I hope to God you have a job Phobeus

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 10 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

#6 User is offline   Phobeus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:12 PM

I've got the q-loader, 68 4500 hpa tank, and I was thinking I'd need at the very least $550 for the gun, $150 for the t2w stock, and about $90 for the Deadly Wind Barrel (or maybe 20 for a thread adapter). I'm afraid to tinker, because I always break something, lol, it's inevitable! But I'm thinking about $800 bucks for my whole set up... damn... freakin money! But I'll check automags online for good deals.

edit: Yeah, I wouldn't even dream about buying this if I didn't have a job! But I'm starting college this year so thats going to kick my butt. I guess this will be a thing that I do over time, lol!

edit again: why wouldn't I need a warp right? the way I would mount the qloader I can only do warp right, because the loader socket only feeds to the right side.

This post has been edited by Phobeus: 10 July 2008 - 08:26 PM

#7 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:58 PM

Oh, I didn't think about the Q-loader socket. I will look into this.

#8 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:03 AM

I thought that you could move the Q-loader socket.
I always figured that the socket had two holes for the hose and you would cover the other one with a plate.
( think like T9 hopper adapter plate )

Thats always the way I figured it was done.

Random thought but imagin Q loader to Menga ( just drill a hole though the hopper cap ) and then through a warp feed.
lol. that would be a really odd sight.

#9 User is offline   maniacmechanic 

• maniacmechanic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MANIAC MECHANIC

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:49 PM

check out this thread ; http://www.automags....ad.php?t=229699
IIRC he is building these stocks now also
Hank Emery aka maniacmechanic
Team MIXXED BREED
port st. lucie fla originally from West (BG) Virginia
ALL I own are MAG'S , AKA's & a Pump or 2

#10 User is offline   iKill 

• I Am, That I Am.
  • Pip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:04 PM

Where do you live? if you truely want to be sniper then you shoot the perfect matched paint to your barrel. I bought a stiffi, and thought damn this'll be awesome, well carbon fibre changes shape 3x as much as aluminum, the problem i ran into was that I have to use 3 different kinds of paint, cold warm and hot weather. Im not a sniper, uhhuhh, but I want that ball to land the same place evrytime. If you live in the south or midwest you should be fine, but i would seriously consider getting an aluminum barrel, if you gots the cash for deadly winds I would look at hammerhead. You said that you dont like to tinker, and to get the paint right in that carbon barrel its gona take some trial and error. Just a word of caution.

#11 User is offline   Phobeus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:18 AM

You misunderstand, I don't like to tinker with the internals of a marker. I already know the paint to bore match I need because I already have a Deadly Wind w/Inserts. I know which paint shoots best with each. it's just if I get a gun and it doesn't already shoot fine stock I'm going to be kinda frustrated. I don't want to go out to the field and wonder why I'm constantly shooting over 300. I just want one that will work with no major tinkering. Fine tuning I'm fine with, but not tinkering.

But I still have one question, could I call and ask them to put a wr on instear of the tac one body? and would it cost more or less?

#12 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:30 PM

it would cost I believe 30$ more then the tac one stright feed.
call em. its right on thier site.. according to my time you have 36 ,minutes.

Airgun designs are hand made ( well, machined, but still some parts are hand guided and such hand quality )
so your getting an real quality marker. ( infact those 1500$ markers are made of cheaper materal then AGD... yea, thats quality I Says)
It will shoot great right out of the box. your barrel will probaly work fine.

With all Mags your going to have that 1000-1500 ball break in period so after that period you may have to add or remove a shim, or change carrier size for the valve.

these things come with Autolube. use it well, they such lube like a sweadish supercar sucks gas at 230MPH.
aside from that, really all markers are going to have some degree on fine tuning.
Im hoping this works out well for you.

and yes, you can ask them to put on a Warp Right body on a RT custom instead of the stock mainbody ( still looks cool ). or a Warp right on a tac one.
they will do that for you.

***** They indefinatly do NOT make Warp Rights anymore... you can ask them to give you the stock mainbody if you would like or no mainbody.. And then go hunting for the Warp Right mainbodys.******

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 18 July 2008 - 06:45 AM

#13 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:11 PM

I thought they didn't make warp right tacs anymore.

#14 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

Hey Pho, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you with this mag deal, I'll help ya out as much as I can, I already got the mag, noxx55 cocker threading adapter, looking to get ahold of a minimag left feed body, I have a q-loader in sight, I'm just about finished making my lightweight 'sniper' mag. It's like a pistol right now lolz, and I was toying with that idea, I'll prolly buy another mag to do so with.

Try going to mcarterbrown.com and pblegion.com, I found them to be by far, more resourcefully stocked with sellers of mag parts than automag forum.
Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#15 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:15 AM

View PostDZ Unit-1, on Jul 20 2008, 09:14 PM, said:

Hey Pho, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you with this mag deal, I'll help ya out as much as I can, I already got the mag, noxx55 cocker threading adapter, looking to get ahold of a minimag left feed body, I have a q-loader in sight, I'm just about finished making my lightweight 'sniper' mag. It's like a pistol right now lolz, and I was toying with that idea, I'll prolly buy another mag to do so with.

Try going to mcarterbrown.com and pblegion.com, I found them to be by far, more resourcefully stocked with sellers of mag parts than automag forum.

I've never gone on PBlegion, but MCB is definitely not better-stocked in mag parts than AO. And virtually all the maggers on PBLegion frequent AO. I doubt any forum is or will ever be better-stocked in mag parts than AO. With basic parts you don't even have to post a WTB.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users