• You cannot reply to this topic

Mike Moore's latest letter Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:THE MENACE

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:22 PM

im sure a few of you on here have read this, but for those who havent, please do and tell me what you think. lets keep it civil ladies.

So? ... A Note from Michael Moore

Monday, March 24th, 2008

Friends,

It would have to happen on Easter Sunday, wouldn't it, that the 4,000th American soldier would die in Iraq. Play me that crazy preacher again, will you, about how maybe God, in all his infinite wisdom, may not exactly be blessing America these days. Is anyone surprised?

4,000 dead. Unofficial estimates are that there may be up to 100,000 wounded, injured, or mentally ruined by this war. And there could be up to a million Iraqi dead. We will pay the consequences of this for a long, long time. God will keep blessing America.

And where is Darth Vader in all this? A reporter from ABC News this week told PEE SHOOTER Cheney, in regards to Iraq, "two-thirds of Americans say it's not worth fighting." Cheney cut her off with a one word answer: "So?"

"So?" As in, "So what?" As in, "BOINK you. I could care less."

I would like every American to see Cheney flip the virtual bird at the them, the American people. Click here and pass it around. Then ask yourself why we haven't risen up and thrown him and his puppet out of the White House.

The Democrats have had the power to literally pull the plug on this war for the past 15 months -- and they have refused to do so. What are we to do about that? Continue to sink into our despair? Or get creative? Real creative. I know there are many of you reading this who have the chutzpah and ingenuity to confront your local congressperson. Will you? For me?

Cheney spent Wednesday, the 5th anniversary of the war, not mourning the dead he killed, but fishing off the Sultan of Oman's royal yacht. So? Ask your favorite Republican what they think of that.

The Founding Fathers would never have uttered the presumptuous words, "God Bless America." That, to them, sounded like a command instead of a request, and one doesn't command God, even if they are America. In fact, they were worried God would punish America. During the Revolutionary War, George Washington feared that God would react unfavorably against his soldiers for the way they were behaving. John Adams wondered if God might punish America and cause it to lose the war, just to prove His point that America was not worthy. They and the others believed it would be arrogant on their part to assume that God would single out America for a blessing. What a long road we have traveled since then.

I see that Frontline on PBS this week has a documentary called "Bush's War." That's what I've been calling it for a long time. It's not the "Iraq War." Iraq did nothing. Iraq didn't plan 9/11. It didn't have weapons of mass destruction. It DID have movie theaters and bars and women wearing what they wanted and a significant Christian population and one of the few Arab capitals with an open synagogue.

But that's all gone now. Show a movie and you'll be shot in the head. Over a hundred women have been randomly executed for not wearing a scarf. I'm happy, as a blessed American, that I had a hand in all this. I just paid my taxes, so that means I helped to pay for this freedom we've brought to Baghdad. So? Will God bless me?

God bless all of you in this Easter Week as we begin the 6th year of Bush's War.

God help America. Please.

Michael Moore
MMFlint@aol.com
MichaelMoore.com

ok, i know that was rough, and im sorry you had to read it. i would just like to point out a couple things:

[/satire]

"sever million BILLION dead, and many trillion BILLIONs wounded and mentally disabled"
"women used to walk around nude as they pleased in baghdad, and now, they cant leave the house without seven layers and four burkas"
" *twitch* CHENEY IS EVIL! *twitch twitch* "

from one who has followed the politics of micheal moore for a long time, this one takes the cake in propagandistic filth.

-THE MENACE

EDIT: btw, he failed to talk about the PERSECUTION LEVEL of the Christian population. yes, it is and was large. and yes, they were tortured in basements of government buildings under sadam insane

This post has been edited by THE MENACE: 05 April 2008 - 04:23 PM

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!
feedback (+26/-0)---Team Chaotic Paintball is recruiting!!!---Team Chaotic Paintball.com---IMPORTANT INFO

#2 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

Too bad he wasnt one of the 4000 killed...instead of the soldiers who instead of eating doughnuts and making movies and writing letters are fighting for democracy and our country.

Peace,
Teddy K

#3 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:08 PM

I hate how people act like 4000 soldiers were just sent to their deaths. We choose to fight. Let us do our thing and let those wo have first hand experience make judgements on the situation over there. I hate Michael Moore. I hope his left wing propoganda and cholesterol filled heart stops.

#4 User is offline   Bobert 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:08 PM

So I have this graphic of a cursor with the middle finger extended. If I pixelize the middle finger can I post it in this thread for Mr. Moore?

This post has been edited by Bobert: 05 April 2008 - 05:10 PM

#5 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:16 PM

View PostBobert, on Apr 5 2008, 08:08 PM, said:

So I have this graphic of a cursor with the middle finger extended. If I pixelize the middle finger can I post it in this thread for Mr. Moore?

I wouldn't waiste your time. I highly doubt that Mr Moore will ever log into this forum and see that post.

#6 User is offline   MASER 

• I am SciFi
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MASER

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:20 PM

instead of dropping bombs we should drop him.

Binary Specter: Scenario Paintball Team
"Haven't you read the Super Villain's Handbook? This is where you're supposed to twirl your mustache and gloat."
"We're not going in circles, nimrod, 'cause we've never been here before. We're completely lost."

#7 User is offline   Bobert 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:23 PM

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on Apr 5 2008, 05:16 PM, said:

View PostBobert, on Apr 5 2008, 08:08 PM, said:

I wouldn't waiste your time. I highly doubt that Mr Moore will ever log into this forum and see that post.

He doesn't need to see it. It would just simply be so gratifying.

#8 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:40 PM

View PostBobert, on Apr 5 2008, 05:08 PM, said:

No. That's not allowed.

Michael Moore is an idiot. Plain and simple. He's got an ultra-liberal agenda he's going to push no matter how much evidence is against him. He uses red herrings, stacking the deck, and outright lies in his films to try to bully corporations and even the government into acting his way. He genuinely infuriates me.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#9 User is offline   mrwaterbuffalo 

• still lives with his parents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mrwaterbuffalo

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:53 PM

Okay, sometimes he's a little extreme. But he's just stating his opinion. I enjoy his "propagandistic" films, as you would call them, and agree with most of what he says. But he is right in saying that this war should have ended years ago.

-edit-
And why even post this? I know you had good intentions of getting a rousing, intellectual debate going, but I just can't see that happening. I say this due to past experiences where someone, mainly me, wound state a point, and someone else would flame me for it calling me "unpatriotic" or a "communist", telling me things like "Go back to Canada" among other things. I'm sure we could get a brain scraping debate going, but with the way people feel about politics, and the fact that many people here hate Mr. Moore, I think it just won't happen

This post has been edited by mrwaterbuffalo: 05 April 2008 - 07:02 PM

Still misses DoN ;_;
All my friends are mods now

#10 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:55 PM

the only film of his i liked was Canadian Bacon...

#11 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:03 PM

Maybe Micheal Moore should go and talk to the soldiers. The ones that know good things are happening because they are there and they aren't hearing stuff from the media like 90% of America.

#12 Guest_SaltandVinegar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:20 PM

I only approve of maybe one of his opinions or things he's done, and that was that he got a giant pink bus and put a bunch of HAPPY SKIPPING JOYFUL PERSON people on it and followed the Phelps around on their protests. Other than that, he's a loon. This is one of his crazy loon opinions.

#13 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:49 PM

His films are great...they are all the truth...I mean he only shows the extreme negative side of the story but what he shows is truth.

Its like me telling you I would never give my heart to a man who had 3 beautiful kids and a wife...

But it turns out the reason I wont give it to him is he is a mass murderer on death row.

Sure the stuff he says is horrible but your only getting one side of it...just like this stupid letter.

Peace,
Teddy K

#14 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• You won't do it! You ain't crazy!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sunshine ac-05

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

View PostSaltandVinegar, on Apr 5 2008, 07:20 PM, said:

I only approve of maybe one of his opinions or things he's done, and that was that he got a giant pink bus and put a bunch of HAPPY SKIPPING JOYFUL PERSON people on it and followed the Phelps around on their protests. Other than that, he's a loon. This is one of his crazy loon opinions.

that was simply amazing, loved every second of it

View PostTeddy K, on Apr 5 2008, 10:49 PM, said:

His films are great...they are all the truth...I mean he only shows the extreme negative side of the story but what he shows is truth.

Its like me telling you I would never give my heart to a man who had 3 beautiful kids and a wife...

But it turns out the reason I wont give it to him is he is a mass murderer on death row.

Sure the stuff he says is horrible but your only getting one side of it...just like this stupid letter.

Peace,
Teddy K

and agreed...except i hate his films for the sheer propagandistic nature of them

This post has been edited by evillepaintball: 05 April 2008 - 10:54 PM

"it just doesnt look cool unless you're riding a yamazuki zx1200rrr" - C9H13NO3

#15 User is offline   Flakk 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Flakk

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:59 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Apr 5 2008, 05:40 PM, said:

...........and outright lies in his films to try to bully corporations and even the government......

I'm sorry,

What?

Since when does the private sector prostate itself before film makers?

This post has been edited by Flakk: 05 April 2008 - 11:04 PM

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users