Special Ops Paintball: dagger shoes - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

dagger shoes Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 04 November 2007 - 01:14 PM

I've used wrestling shoes, and get no traction on anything wet. I've used real boots, and they're heavy and noisy. A hiking boot, like a North Face mid-top, is my current favorite. Breathable, but has gore-tex, light enough, but decent support, and so on. Running shoe sole, though. I can move in em, I've gone for a 4 mile run in em on gravel.

Track spikes are no good. XC spikes are a different story. Find a good, wide pair of XC spikes with a rubber bottom, and they can provide excellent traction. Adidas Neptunes are good, but narrow. NB makes wider varieties. Add some 3/8 steel spikes to em, and you'll go fast. However, it's noisy on gravel and rock, and uncomfortable on pavement, as the back end of the spikes push the sole into your foot. But for speedball on a turf or grass field, no equal.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#17 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 04 November 2007 - 05:13 PM

I use my soccer cleates..nike total 90s...the work perfectly fine.
Boss Paintball

#18 User is offline   ks~gunner 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:15 PM

Boats are great for your anckles but get alittle heavy after awhile. If you realy want to go with some sort of spike shoe then i would go with a baseball spike shoe they work pretty good.

#19 User is offline   tauman5263 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:05 PM

View Postflorentine, on Nov 4 2007, 11:57 AM, said:

View PostDvS21, on Nov 4 2007, 01:06 PM, said:

Well I'm a distance runner, and the only place where we use spikes is on the actual track. They are designed specifically to grip with the material that the oval track is made out of. Spikes anywhere else might be a pain, the spikes can be metal or rubber, so I guess you could fool around with them to get different effects, but I know that we didnt use spikes for cross country and not for road running either.... Well anywho good luck on it try it if you can afford it. (side note track spikes are thin, they offer little to no protection from the elements, if the shoe gets wet you foot is wet, if it's cold out, your foot is cold.)

well i run track as well. and on saturday, i was trying to find my hunting boots and i found my track spikes and thats where i got the idea of using them. but when i was hunting, i though if it more and it became a good idea. and your right about the very little protection, but how many times do you get hit in the foot? not many times because thats the last place somebody would try to hit you. so theres a very small chance of getting hit in the foot

there's plenty chance of getting hit in the foot. like when you are 'just' in range. happened to me before. or when your foot is sticking out of a bunker about an inch or two. again, happened to me before. i run track [short distance, long and triple jump] and my spikes give me excellent traction on the track. i don't know about in the woods, but i saw a speedballer [one who mostly plays speedball] play woodsball with track spikes. i believe they were long distance spikes. he didn't do too much moving though...pretty much just camping and waiting for everyone to come to him.

i think i'm going to stick with soccer cleats. the only place i can see track spikes being useful at all is if you were playing on turf. and even then, i would rather have my soccer cleats on.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Content inappropriate

#20 User is offline   J.W.Pepper 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:32 PM

i use a pair of cleats i got at dicks sporting goods for 20 bucks. They are fine for woodsball especially if your belly crawling or running up some steep inclines. For scenario games however, i would not sugest wearing cleats. Most scenario games are many hours long and after the first 2, you can feel the spikes digging into the bottom of your foot through the bottom. There is also the problem that if your not standing on soft ground I.E. a building floor, concrete, etc. its slippery as heck. At the latest castle conquest, i just about lost it a few times trying to climb down the stairs to the second and third floors with how slippery my cleats made the wood. Cleats also dont provide much ankle support like boots do and thats extremly important, especially when running around a paintball park or group of woods that are most likely, unfamiliar. One little dip, hole, or pocket in the ground with shoes or cleats, and you can forget about playing for the rest of the day. Like most paintball gear, cleats have thier pros and cons.
South Eastern Pennsylvannia Paintball Community www.sepapaintball.com
T-E-A-M R-A-G-N-A-R-O-K WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS...
www.teamragnarok.com
SPONSORS:
http://www.WDP.tv| http://www.JtSports.com| http://www.FogTech.com| http://www.Jassepaintball.com| http://www.HooahBar.com| http://www.HoffmanPaintball.com| http://www.StrategyPlus.com

#21 User is offline   Wind 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wind

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:48 PM

I personally like wearing my soccer cleats. They don't hurt my feet at all. I've worn them all day while working soccer camps and playing afterwards, but then again I've been playing soccer my whole life and I'm accustomed to wearing them. My personal favorite thing to wear for paintball is a pair of good soccer turf shoes. They give me very good traction in many different types of condition, are made for hard extending periods of running, and comfortable (for me at least). Turf shoes also work pretty well on those surfaces like a building floor or a big rock. I've played with turf shoes on lots of hard surfaces and get great traction. This is just my personal opinion, but I think a turf shoe offers a lot which makes it a great all around choice.

I think the biggest thing is what are you comfortable wearing all day long. Plus, you need to consider the type of ground you'll most likely be playing on. Is it a hard ground, boggy marsh, or maybe just normal woods. A cleat is may not help give much traction in a marshy area, and will get your feet wet. While a combat boot typically keeps your feet dryer longer and may give just as much traction as the cleat would in this situation. If you're concerned about ankle protection and want to wear a cleat then look into buying some ankle braces to wear with them. I personally don't think a track spike would work that well since they are made to puncture and grip a rubber surface. But it will all come down to what the individual feels the most comfortable wearing and what gives them what they feel is important.
Sabre #32
If one makes a decision with a cool head, he won't find himself regretting that decision later on.

#22 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:52 PM

View PostWind, on Nov 6 2007, 08:48 PM, said:

I personally like wearing my soccer cleats. They don't hurt my feet at all. I've worn them all day while working soccer camps and playing afterwards, but then again I've been playing soccer my whole life and I'm accustomed to wearing them. My personal favorite thing to wear for paintball is a pair of good soccer turf shoes. They give me very good traction in many different types of condition, are made for hard extending periods of running, and comfortable (for me at least). Turf shoes also work pretty well on those surfaces like a building floor or a big rock. I've played with turf shoes on lots of hard surfaces and get great traction. This is just my personal opinion, but I think a turf shoe offers a lot which makes it a great all around choice.

QFT
Boss Paintball

#23 User is offline   Enleft 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:01 PM

i run cross country and i like to use my flats i wouldnt use wrestling shoes bc they have no support

#24 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2007 - 02:09 PM

holy necropost batman. this thread isn't about the shoes that you wear, it was to discuss wearing tack spikes playing paintball
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#25 User is offline   PWalk 

• Lacrosse Grenadier
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Keg

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:00 PM

I use football cleats. Lightweight, great ankle support, and cleats are interchangable if you buy a pair with that feature. Depending on the weather and terrain I use what I think I'm going to need.
KEG

T.S.S.O.C. is proud to represent:
Tippmann | Lapco | PaintballX3 Magazine | Poco Loco Paintball | RAP4

#26 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:26 PM

well, paintball companies are making cleats for speedballers now. they are mostly black as far as i've seen, so they work for woodsball too. Other options are soccer and football cleats. i'd recommend football, as they provide more ankle support. Myself, i use Magnum boots. they are designed for the police, and they are lighter than my pair of VANS skater shoes. I trekked all over D-Day in those suckers, to they are comfy too!
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#27 User is offline   Matt_Mann 

• Comander
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Matt_Man

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:44 PM

i live in the northwest where its muddy and rainy 11 months out of the year i wear metal baseball cleats and they work great
The game of paintball...has been a very very good to me

#28 User is offline   brandena29 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:brandena29

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:04 PM

Try not using spikes. I do track, and trust me, spikes != terrain.
Maybe Cross Country spikes...

This post has been edited by brandena29: 19 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

#29 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:01 AM

try looking at indoor soccer shoes. They have lots of smaller rubber spikes for use on astro-turf. Basically Adidas Sambas and Track spikes had a kid....
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#30 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

This post is from 2007...
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users