Special Ops Paintball: Pistol Primary Discussion - Special Ops Paintball

• (26 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pistol Primary Discussion ...for those of us who use a pistol as a primary Rate Topic: -----

#301 User is offline   Agnoeo 

• The lunatics are in my head
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:55 PM

I appreciate your noobish comment there sipbgod94. Since few people play pistol, there is very little information out there I was able to find. I apologize for trying to get some help since I just got my marker, and i need to clean it out before I play with it. That way I might actually be able to contribute to this thread other than...It sounds like fun.

On a diff note though, I did recieve my Zeus today, and the wife wants to go play again this weekend since we just got her a new marker, so we'll see how my first time goes, playing with a broken finger and first time ever with a pistol. Atleast its semi, and being used to playing pump, I don't know what I'll do with the extra fire power...Main reason I got a pistol right now, so I can still play without too much use of my left hand :)

Thanks though Tommikka, that'll help me a lot when I clean it :)
III - One Ball, One Shot, One Kill South East Brigade Patches Coming Soon! Special Ops Pump Crew
So if a pilot scratches his multi million dollar F22, does that raise his auto insurance rates?? -Legato

#302 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:09 PM

View PostAgnoeo, on Jan 28 2009, 11:55 PM, said:

I appreciate your noobish comment there sipbgod94. Since few people play pistol, there is very little information out there I was able to find. I apologize for trying to get some help since I just got my marker, and i need to clean it out before I play with it. That way I might actually be able to contribute to this thread other than...It sounds like fun.

On a diff note though, I did recieve my Zeus today, and the wife wants to go play again this weekend since we just got her a new marker, so we'll see how my first time goes, playing with a broken finger and first time ever with a pistol. Atleast its semi, and being used to playing pump, I don't know what I'll do with the extra fire power...Main reason I got a pistol right now, so I can still play without too much use of my left hand :)

Thanks though Tommikka, that'll help me a lot when I clean it :)

I wasn't making a "noobish" comment I was simply stating a fact and had no bad intentions although I clearly struck a nerve. I know there is little help to be found about pistols and that's why questions flock here. I've tried to contribute by creating threads for the specific pistols but to no avail. I read and try and help answer questions about various different pistols all over the Forums and I thought I was right to think that It shouldn't be placed in a thread created to talk about playing pistol primary on the field, but I guess not.
Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

#303 User is offline   Agnoeo 

• The lunatics are in my head
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:16 PM

Threads like this are nice for collective idea's thoughts. I've been working on reading through the pages to get a better understanding on aspects of pistol play. Much more convenient than finding something random elsewhere. We don't have much of anything else that is specific for pistols other than this thread. I've like some the information I've stumbled upon as well ;) Wasn't so much a nerve as a pet peeve though.

My buddy saw my pistol I got, and think he really wants to get one. Told him it'd be best to try mine and make sure he likes it. Thinking it'll be interesting at our field. We have a speedball that is a woodsball. Pretty cool i think. It had a mini hut on the one side where usually two people hang out, but with a pump I don't have enough autotriggereing accuracy to eliminate both. Think I'm going to attempt to bunker it with my pistol this weekend and see how it goes.

This post has been edited by Agnoeo: 28 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

III - One Ball, One Shot, One Kill South East Brigade Patches Coming Soon! Special Ops Pump Crew
So if a pilot scratches his multi million dollar F22, does that raise his auto insurance rates?? -Legato

#304 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

View PostAgnoeo, on Jan 29 2009, 01:16 AM, said:

Threads like this are nice for collective idea's thoughts. I've been working on reading through the pages to get a better understanding on aspects of pistol play. Much more convenient than finding something random elsewhere. We don't have much of anything else that is specific for pistols other than this thread. I've like some the information I've stumbled upon as well :( Wasn't so much a nerve as a pet peeve though.

My buddy saw my pistol I got, and think he really wants to get one. Told him it'd be best to try mine and make sure he likes it. Thinking it'll be interesting at our field. We have a speedball that is a woodsball. Pretty cool i think. It had a mini hut on the one side where usually two people hang out, but with a pump I don't have enough autotriggereing accuracy to eliminate both. Think I'm going to attempt to bunker it with my pistol this weekend and see how it goes.

That should be a pistol play motto bunker or be bunkered well if playing speedball or airball. I can't remember the number of times I got bunkered by someone on the opfor while reloading.

#305 User is offline   tcammack 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:52 PM

i thought i would bring it back to the topic :ghillie:
i just wack a 12" barrel on my overlord rx and use it as my main, i ussualy fight in a small squad of 3 with my 2 school mates and as soon as we get a fight i belly crawl round to flank them out and get them from the side, using a pistol saves getting shown up by a massive hopper or gas tank
just thought i would add something in :ghillie:
tom

#306 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:55 PM

View Posttcammack, on Feb 2 2009, 04:52 PM, said:

i thought i would bring it back to the topic :ghillie:
i just wack a 12" barrel on my overlord rx and use it as my main, i ussualy fight in a small squad of 3 with my 2 school mates and as soon as we get a fight i belly crawl round to flank them out and get them from the side, using a pistol saves getting shown up by a massive hopper or gas tank
just thought i would add something in :ghillie:
tom

hows the longer barrel work? I tried putting the stock spyder pilot ACS barrel on my overlord RX and it just felt too weird.

#307 User is offline   delta recon 

• Recon
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Crack 22

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:51 PM

im lookin for a tough reliable pistol thats under $300
any suggestions?

#308 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:57 PM

View Postdelta recon, on Feb 2 2009, 07:51 PM, said:

im lookin for a tough reliable pistol thats under $300
any suggestions?

Hey welcome to the forums and you probably wont find a pistol any more then $200 as the most expensive pistol is Tiberius's tac8 which goes for $230. You should try searching the forums for more answer as I'm not sure what would be the right pistol for you I own an Overlord RX and I love it but some people believe its very large and would prefer the tac8 however it has very large grips and can only hold 8 rounds to a mag.

#309 User is offline   delta recon 

• Recon
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Crack 22

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:25 PM

Thx man

Have you heard anything bout the ariakon combat pistols?

#310 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:35 PM

View Postdelta recon, on Feb 2 2009, 10:25 PM, said:

Thx man

They're a stacked tube Spyder that use primarily proprietary parts, meaning that they're harder to find. If you can, stick to the Zeus series, they use all Spyder parts, and can be easily converted to use CCI (Phantom) pierce pins, which are by far the best in the industry. :)
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#311 User is offline   tcammack 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:26 PM

View Postsipbgod94, on Feb 2 2009, 09:55 PM, said:

View Posttcammack, on Feb 2 2009, 04:52 PM, said:

i thought i would bring it back to the topic :)
just thought i would add something in :D
tom

hows the longer barrel work? I tried putting the stock spyder pilot ACS barrel on my overlord RX and it just felt too weird.

i find it easier to sight with the longer barrel and to get more power behind it as the gas is expanding thats why i try to keep it as short as possible i think its a little like some people hate pistols but i cant live without them

#312 User is offline   Canadienkid 

• Ambush Guy
  • Pip

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:34 PM

Hey guys who makes aftermarket barrels for the tac 8?

#313 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

View Postdelta recon, on Feb 2 2009, 11:25 PM, said:

Thx man

I own Ariakon's overlord RX they just fixed and put out new versions of both of their pistols and I love mine but A lot of people prefer Miltec's G2 for a triple stack (most common form of pistol) pistol. I would wait for the new Tippmann pistol to come out because from what I've heard it is going to be very affordable somewhere around 2 spare mags for 20 bucks. Other then the Tac8 and the T9 in pistol form all pistol's share a similar triple stack design and are all pretty large.

#314 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:03 PM

View PostCanadienkid, on Feb 3 2009, 09:34 PM, said:

Hey guys who makes aftermarket barrels for the tac 8?

http://undergroundmodshop.com/catalog/

#315 User is offline   kragshot 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:02 PM

Attached File  untitled188.JPG (15.47K)
Number of downloads: 2Attached File  untitled.JPG (15.25K)
Number of downloads: 2

Hi everybody,

I'm a long time player, but a noob pistolero. I was shopping around and noticed something odd. Any of you Ariakon Overlord owners ever notice how similar the Rap4 T68 pistol appears to be? To me, it looks like the same gun with different body milling. The grip frame assembly seems to be identical to the Overlords. Anyone know if maybe neither one makes their own guns and they have the same subcontractor?

This post has been edited by kragshot: 10 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

Share this topic:

• (26 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users