• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pump hopper/loader looking for opinions on loaders Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   D_Ram777 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:48 PM

i was just looking for opinions on loaders for your pumps? i know speed isnt a huge issue for a pump but do you find it advantageous do have a force fed hopper of some kind or is gravity just fine? what do you use?

#2 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:52 PM

depends, on a OC specific marker the proto prima hoppers are fantastic, on little light and tight set-ups the 50 round app loaders are great

#3 User is offline   D_Ram777 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

View PostEskimo, on 28 March 2011 - 06:52 PM, said:

depends, on a OC specific marker the proto prima hoppers are fantastic, on little light and tight set-ups the 50 round app loaders are great

i have a phantom pump right now if that effects anything.. so the proto prima would get the job done?

#4 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

oh yea no problem.
primas are pretty much the best gravity feed loader out

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 28 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

#5 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:37 PM

I run a Primo on my classic mags without issue, it really is the "Cadillac" (lol) of gravity feeds. Has a really slick shape as well, great looking profile.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#6 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

Ha, i have a rotor on mine.........Posted Image

Nah, but it also depends on what I'm doing that day as well, as I am a new cross-over, I have no small 50 rnd pods for my winchester yet, so I only use it when i run down on total paint. Other than that, i just keep the rotor on for ease of reloading with regular pods, as opposed to dumping 1/3 a pod in, then running around and having it pulp itself.

As for feeding wise, since its a pump, generally the action of pumping alone is enough to place another round down there, whether from a Primo, App, Winchester, GenX, etc.., gravity works quite well enough for the purpose.
Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#7 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:35 PM

If you want small the Sportshot hoppers are nice tiny 100 round hoppers, i believe Empire or someone else is making them now. I LOVE my APP 50 round hopper. Holds more then enough ammo for me, and is super thick, so i never have to worry about it breaking. Plus i had a friend ream out the feed and now i can just slide it right over my wife's vertical Phantom feedneckor my offset Mini Comp's feedneck without needing an elbow or anything. I just physically could never rock a large hopper again. I feel they get in my way
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#8 User is offline   D_Ram777 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:30 PM

so it comes down to preference and what feels most comfortable to you? and does any one have a preference when they are playing speedball or woodsball or they are playing in a big game/senerio?

#9 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:43 PM

That is all up to you really. You need to find how you play and what you need, trouble is you won;t find that out without playing. Get a cheap gravity feed and see how you like em. Trick is finding what size you need for your playing style. Like if i am going out on a walk-on woodsball game, I would usually bring a 50 round hopper and maybe 5 tubes to reload with. (I can go through about 200 rounds a day of play tops). Scenario i would strap myself down with as many tubes as i could hold. Still prefer small hopper though, just easier to see around and lighter to carry. You may find you want more ammo cause you use an auto trigger a lot. This is all up to how you play and shoot

For speedball i generally rock stock class. I bring maybe 3 tubes tops and use the stock class feed. I wouldn't want a huge hopper for speedball unless you are a back guy. Too big of a target. Small hoppers are fine cause you can auto trigger with them still and pump out ~3 shots before needing to shake.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#10 User is offline   D_Ram777 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:50 PM

View PostLegato, on 29 March 2011 - 06:43 PM, said:

That is all up to you really. You need to find how you play and what you need, trouble is you won;t find that out without playing. Get a cheap gravity feed and see how you like em. Trick is finding what size you need for your playing style. Like if i am going out on a walk-on woodsball game, I would usually bring a 50 round hopper and maybe 5 tubes to reload with. (I can go through about 200 rounds a day of play tops). Scenario i would strap myself down with as many tubes as i could hold. Still prefer small hopper though, just easier to see around and lighter to carry. You may find you want more ammo cause you use an auto trigger a lot. This is all up to how you play and shoot

For speedball i generally rock stock class. I bring maybe 3 tubes tops and use the stock class feed. I wouldn't want a huge hopper for speedball unless you are a back guy. Too big of a target. Small hoppers are fine cause you can auto trigger with them still and pump out ~3 shots before needing to shake.

thanks thats some good stuff to think about but pretty much i am gathering a force fed hopper is unneeded which was one of my major wonders.. have u ever used an electric hopper on your pumps?

#11 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:03 PM

I haven't. But i hate batteries, and i never fire faster then 3 BPS. If you get a CCM and can auto trigger properly, you NEED a forcefed or at least agitated. I have seen guys hit 8+ BPS with CCMs and their ATs. For a normal nelson, not likely for you to make it that high. A gravity feed is plenty. Shake every three shots, and you are golden. If you want the speed or already have a forcefed hopper, you can try em. See how you like it. I have seen guys use Rotors and Halos on pumps. There are teams in Boston that during the winter they practice with pumps. They all bought cheap tracers and just use their 68/4500s and forcefed hoppers with em. Works. I just think it is extraneous weight and size for what i use.

I generally just hate big hoppers now. They are just clunky. And you have a phantom, arguably the lightest pump marker out there...adding a ridiculous amount of weight to it is absurd in my opinion. LOL But i see many people do it anyways, so...to each their own. Use what makes you happy. Cheap grav feed hoppers are under $5, so it isn't an expensive investment. If you already have the electric hopper, try it out, see how you like it. You can AT like crazy then with that, just make sure you hold your aim steady

#12 User is offline   D_Ram777 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

yeah i dont have a force fed hopper and sounds like its just a waste of money to me right now.. i have always leaned towards the sportshot style for abilty to handle 50 round pods while still holding extra paint.. i have only played with my pump once in its stock class set up so now looking to play some open class

#13 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:58 PM

Sportshots are great. Just if it is the older one make sure to sand out the inside so and remove the .43 cal ring in there so it feeds better. If it is the newer ones, i think that is already done. Think...

I love SC overall. Gives me the clearest field of view, the lightest weight, and a smaller profile. But it takes a long time to get used to it.

#14 User is offline   Supergyro 

• Ain't He Great, Folks?
  • PipPip

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:09 PM

I like the 50rd GXG hopper I have, it's light, but not thin, and feeds well. I think a full size hopper would be overkill, but you can use regular pods.

Just my 2 cents.
Posted Image
"Of course you know, this means war."-Bugs Bunny
"My friend got killed by a throwing star but I live because of DEagle."-Thalion

"The visible spectrum is...RAINBOWS"-Pirate

#15 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

View PostSupergyro, on 29 March 2011 - 10:09 PM, said:

I like the 50rd GXG hopper I have, it's light, but not thin, and feeds well. I think a full size hopper would be overkill, but you can use regular pods.

That honestly is the only real reason i use my rotor over my winchester. I really have no easy way of getting 50 round pods besides ordering them, and i dont have a spare $40 lying around that isn't already spent on needed things (curse you auto insurance! Curse youuuuu!!!!). I could theoretically use my 10rnd tubes to reload, but i have no real way of carrying those, so for someone who moved from electro to pump, it's just easier to keep some stuff the same for now.

But yeah, all personal preference. If you don't need the capacity or aren't used to something else, going for the lower profile would easily be your best bet.
Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users