Special Ops Paintball: PMR questions - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PMR questions

#1 User is offline   Blargimevil 

  • Blarg
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 176
  • Joined: 20-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Middle of the desert
  • Brigade Name:BLARGIMEVIL

Posted 30 March 2008 - 05:56 PM

Ok so I have been playing woodsball for about 2 years now, and I want to start playing speedball too (in fact I kind of got invited to a team)

anyway, I am looking at a used PMR, and im thinking I can get it for around $180-$190

Btw I currently own an SP8

1st question:

Is a PMR a good gun?? (from the reviews I read, it sounds like a very good gun)

2nd question:

is it hard to take apart (as long as its not harder then an ion/sp8 im good)

3rd question:

maybe give suggestions for upgrades and also just maybe give me some info about the gun



thanx!!!!
0

#2 User is offline   rifleman92 

  • I like Cheese
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 157
  • Joined: 17-December 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:rifleman92

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:30 PM

I have one and i like it. taking it apart isnt hard but i cant figure out how to take the hyper 2 in-line apart. Mine is currenty broken and i dont know whats wrong. They will leak easily because they have so many O-rings that can wear down so u have to clean it good.

[color=#FF0000]
0

#3 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

  • Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 7,844
  • Joined: 08-February 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belleville, Ont Canada

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:41 PM

You take an allan key and turn the back cap a couple of times then pull the bolt out. If you can maintain an ion the pmr will be a snap.

Upgrades = new feedneck and metal back cap. Then upgrade to your preferance.

.
0

#4 User is offline   Blargimevil 

  • Blarg
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 176
  • Joined: 20-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Middle of the desert
  • Brigade Name:BLARGIMEVIL

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:28 PM

View Postslinkyaroo, on Mar 30 2008, 07:41 PM, said:

You take an allan key and turn the back cap a couple of times then pull the bolt out. If you can maintain an ion the pmr will be a snap.

Upgrades = new feedneck and metal back cap. Then upgrade to your preferance.

.



wooo i love simple markers!!!!

is there anything bad about a PMR

anything i should know about?
0

#5 User is offline   left handed 

  • Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,013
  • Joined: 17-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Benicia, CA
  • Brigade Name:left handed

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:12 PM

Back cap is plastic, replace ASAP, feedneck isn't too good, replace after back cap.

Uhm, it's a good gun overall. I hear a lot of people having problems with them on PbN, but some people just don't take care of their markers. If you take care of your PMR, it'll take care of you.

But I would suggest a DM4/5/C, PM5/6. You can hopefully find some in working condition in that price range. They're better markers overall IMO.
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)


Feedback!
0

#6 User is offline   Blargimevil 

  • Blarg
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 176
  • Joined: 20-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Middle of the desert
  • Brigade Name:BLARGIMEVIL

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:31 PM

View Postleft handed, on Mar 30 2008, 10:12 PM, said:

Back cap is plastic, replace ASAP, feedneck isn't too good, replace after back cap.

Uhm, it's a good gun overall. I hear a lot of people having problems with them on PbN, but some people just don't take care of their markers. If you take care of your PMR, it'll take care of you.

But I would suggest a DM4/5/C, PM5/6. You can hopefully find some in working condition in that price range. They're better markers overall IMO.


ok thnx for the info
0

#7 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

  • Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 7,844
  • Joined: 08-February 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belleville, Ont Canada

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:49 AM

Yup - the almighty "my pmr is broken and it's horrible." Hmmmmm - it only has a fuse bolt design that is also found in $1500 markers (dm.)

"but it's composite" - So was the DMC - Dye's flagship in 2005.


The PMR is good. The PMR SE is better with the needed upgrades as stock.


.
0

#8 User is offline   left handed 

  • Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,013
  • Joined: 17-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Benicia, CA
  • Brigade Name:left handed

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:43 PM

Oh, and the PMR SE is only $20 more. :)
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)


Feedback!
0

#9 User is offline   Gram Reaper 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 215
  • Joined: 26-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Playing a year long game of hide and seek
  • Brigade Name:GRAM REAPER

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:07 PM

I've had a PMR since June of 07 and I am still in love with mine.
as addressed earlier the problem with the Hyper2 are that the 2 allen wrenches you need to take apart the reg aren't actually included with the gun. They're both gigantic I think one is a 1/2 and the other is a 7/16. You can see the seam where the 2 pieces connect and they're tightened down like crazy.
The polymer pieces actually aren't even that bad either. I haven't replaced a single thing on my gun with the exception of a battery harness that I screwed from trying to remove the battery too forcefully.
In comparison to an ion maintenance on a PMR is going to be a cake walk, Bolt out back is so much better than having to go through the post game ion process.
Any other questions let me know?
I gag every time I hear the word agg
0

#10 User is offline   Blargimevil 

  • Blarg
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 176
  • Joined: 20-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Middle of the desert
  • Brigade Name:BLARGIMEVIL

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:10 AM

View PostGram Reaper, on Mar 31 2008, 08:07 PM, said:

I've had a PMR since June of 07 and I am still in love with mine.
as addressed earlier the problem with the Hyper2 are that the 2 allen wrenches you need to take apart the reg aren't actually included with the gun. They're both gigantic I think one is a 1/2 and the other is a 7/16. You can see the seam where the 2 pieces connect and they're tightened down like crazy.
The polymer pieces actually aren't even that bad either. I haven't replaced a single thing on my gun with the exception of a battery harness that I screwed from trying to remove the battery too forcefully.
In comparison to an ion maintenance on a PMR is going to be a cake walk, Bolt out back is so much better than having to go through the post game ion process.
Any other questions let me know?


thanks for the info, if i have any problems ill let u know
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users