Special Ops Paintball: A-5 LPK with co2 and palmers? o.0 - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A-5 LPK with co2 and palmers? o.0 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:16 AM

What if I got a palmers and ran regulated co2 into my marker and used low pressure internals? How would that work?

Would I save any co2?
Would I have better groups that if I used stock internals?
If I run my A-5 at 450 PSI how many shots could I get out of a 20 oz tank?
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Dend78 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:00 AM

its gonna be regulated now, so its gonna be about as gas efficient as it can be, plus its gonna be more consistant from shot to shot so yes tighter groupings should come into play

#3 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:09 AM

Yes, but would it be worth it for me to buy a LPK and just use the internals?
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Gobo Fongo 

• Master of Awesome
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gobo Fongo

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:23 AM

I really really really don't think that would work. I don't think you can regulate CO2 low enough for the low pressure kit and still function

"On the other hand, I WILL buy a Viking, and every time I shoot it I will be symbolically sticking it to Smart Parts."
Me Feedback ALL MY STUFF FOR SALE Multicam Headwrap Sale

#5 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:32 AM

View PostDend78, on Sep 17 2007, 02:00 PM, said:

its gonna be regulated now, so its gonna be about as gas efficient as it can be, plus its gonna be more consistant from shot to shot so yes tighter groupings should come into play

Uhh.... no. When you lower the pressure, the valve has to release more air to get the ball up to speed. High pressure, low volume vs. Low pressure, high volume. You are not going to see any noticeable increases in efficiency. But it will be more consistent because of the regulator and thus shoot tighter groupings.

View PostSpudCrushr, on Sep 17 2007, 02:09 PM, said:

Yes, but would it be worth it for me to buy a LPK and just use the internals?

Umm... that's the point of the LPK, to use the internals. I'm not sure what you are asking. Is the LPK worth it? Read this: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...c=44763&hl=

18. Why would you recommend the LPK to me?
A. I don't. I am simply providing an explanation. Now, as to when I would or would not recommend it, it depends on your barrel. If you are using a flatline barrel system, go ahead. The Flatline with the LPK becomes much more tolerant of lower quality paint (though, not to all paints), and is a bit more accurate. If you're using a straight barrel...it's simply not worth it.

View PostGobo Fongo, on Sep 17 2007, 02:23 PM, said:

I really really really don't think that would work. I don't think you can regulate CO2 low enough for the low pressure kit and still function

Umm... no. You can regulate CO2 to any pressure like HPA. I have my Blazer running under 400 psi on CO2 right now through a Stabilizer.

This post has been edited by Jackson: 17 September 2007 - 11:33 AM

#6 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:15 PM

Oh, so high pressure means more shots, but low pressure is easier on the marker. Do you know what a tippmann runs best on? I heard 450 is pretty good.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

View PostSpudCrushr, on Sep 17 2007, 05:15 PM, said:

Oh, so high pressure means more shots, but low pressure is easier on the marker. Do you know what a tippmann runs best on? I heard 450 is pretty good.

No, not exactly. With a low pressure gun, you are able to "reach" further into the tank. So instead of your marker crapping out, say, when the pressure drops below 800 psi, it will continue to function until the pressure drops below 400 psi. Low pressure in a blowback means less recoil (less mass in the hammer and less force driving it back) and quieter operation. In the end, you might get slightly fewer shots with the LPK, but really not enough to concern yourself over.

A stock Tippmann operates at around 800 psi, maybe a bit higher or lower depending on your particular gun and any mods you've done to it. With the LPK, they can go down to 400 psi or lower, if I remember correctly.

This post has been edited by Jackson: 17 September 2007 - 04:19 PM

#8 User is offline   Daron 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:56 AM

As far as I know, The LPK was made for use with co2.. Just make sure your reg can handle co2.. A palmer is a perfect choise

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users