• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Paintball Basics Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   prettyearth 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:54 AM

cuz am new and I try to learn the first think I have to know is the basics :D yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Krazy8 dont say am a mechanical oky you will be the first one Iwill shot by my new marker :D

Let see what is the Paintball Basics:

Paintball is a safe, simple yet challenging and strategic sport that is played usually by two teams, each with at least two players. Adults and kids alike enjoy this sport as they often refer to it as an advanced or improvised game of tag.

Tournaments attract many spectators of all ages, as it is a very exciting game to watch.

Paintball games are of various types, however, the most popular game often played is called "capture the flag". The object or the goal of this game is for teams to advance to the opponents base, move the other teams flag to its destined location, at the same time guarding your own flag.

The paintball field has many obstacles such as tires, forts, old cars, hay and the newest are inflatables that are constructed as refuge for team players; making the game all the more exciting, as if participating in an actual game of war in videos.

When one is hit, it can hurt briefly and at times give players bruises. Players are typically required to be in long sleeves shirt and pants, making sure that the color is not be identical as that of the judge and complete paintball gear such as mask, helmet and goggles for safety.

The sport of paintball has a distinct and accurate set of rules that are strictly followed. The producer of the tournament is the absolute authority in regard to either an alteration or addition to the rules; marshals oversee the event, and their decision is always final. No dispute on the paintball field is accommodated or entertained.

A military approach to paintball is useless, as that knowledge is recognized and understood by the teams. A teams tactic should be carefully planned; your teams line of attack will not be known by the opposing team, and there should be a quick switch of plans in case something goes wrong.

There must be a lot of team work involved, as everyone moves through the field. As a team member moves, there should be others to guard and keep watch and give off covering shots when necessary. A team that moves together with a common objective will have a great chance of succeeding in this game.

Communication in the field is also very important. A team-mate can shout the position of the opponent. The moment that a player is seen, the game for that player is up; so there is no reason for you to keep quite; instead, inform the others the location of the enemy.

The excitement of this game concludes when you are seen and eliminated - a situation that all team players struggle to avoid.

now because I finished with the basics I am ready for debaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate

:D

#2 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:42 AM

I think I know where some of the "mechanical" tone comes from, besides English not being a second language...

I got bored and started doing google searches.

My, how interesting.

Rest assured, I am now going to check the rest of the posts that aren't asking us questions.
Member of Team Akkadian

#3 User is offline   prettyearth 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:16 PM

View PostThalion, on Jun 24 2010, 11:42 AM, said:

I think I know where some of the "mechanical" tone comes from, besides English not being a second language...

I got bored and started doing google searches.

My, how interesting.

Rest assured, I am now going to check the rest of the posts that aren't asking us questions.

I dont understand whats is the problem

am new in paintball but when I found something good I like to share here thats all to help the new paintball, if that not allowed is oky I will stop. there is no problem

#4 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:26 PM

Allow me to clarify:

Generally speaking, it's considered poor practice to post or write something that you borrow from someone else without citing the original source. It's something called Plagiarism, even if the intent isn't to pass off your writing as your own work.

A way to take your exact same post would look something like this:

Here's a link - Link URL can be here, if you want to be fancy, use [url ] [/url ] tags.

Begin your article here...

Does that make sense? Because when a failure to provide a link to the source is provided, the implication is this is your own work. It's one thing to research from one or more sources and write something original passing the same facts in a new way; it's another thing entirely to just copy/paste it and act as if it's your own.

This post has been edited by Thalion: 24 June 2010 - 12:27 PM

Member of Team Akkadian

#5 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:40 PM

So far my impression is that you are just making random posts to get the discount of 5% - that's for people that are truly active in discussing the sport.

Just my $0.02

#6 User is offline   prettyearth 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:43 PM

View PostThalion, on Jun 24 2010, 12:26 PM, said:

Allow me to clarify:

Generally speaking, it's considered poor practice to post or write something that you borrow from someone else without citing the original source. It's something called Plagiarism, even if the intent isn't to pass off your writing as your own work.

A way to take your exact same post would look something like this:

Here's a link - Link URL can be here, if you want to be fancy, use [url ] [/url ] tags.

Begin your article here...

Does that make sense? Because when a failure to provide a link to the source is provided, the implication is this is your own work. It's one thing to research from one or more sources and write something original passing the same facts in a new way; it's another thing entirely to just copy/paste it and act as if it's your own.

am sorry but first is not from a website its from a file
second no one can know the original writer

anyway if that make problem for you am sorry

View Postcdrinkh20, on Jun 24 2010, 12:40 PM, said:

So far my impression is that you are just making random posts to get the discount of 5% - that's for people that are truly active in discussing the sport.

Just my $0.02

am sorry but whats you talk about

am very sorry but I cant understand what you talk about and what is the problem

#7 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:50 PM

Go anywhere on this site and you can find much more indepth views into the very basic and uninformative statements you are giving, we have already covered the topics you are starting numerous times....if you truly are trying to be helpful that is great, but go search for topics already pertaining to the topics you are discussing and add your opinions on there.

You don't necessarily have to know the original author, but as Thalion posted there is an exact copy of your post on another website, we can therefore assume that you copied it off of there...if you want to post something like that you must say that you got it from another source, and you should give us a link to that source...but at least let us know it's not your own work.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#8 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:50 PM

My point is, you got it from somewhere. Maybe it was on posted on a website, maybe it was emailed to you (in that case a "from an email I got and would like to share..." would suffice).

Even when the original author isn't necessarily known, it's a good idea to at least show where you found it.

It won't really make that much of a problem for me; we have all sorts running around here. It will, however, make a difference for you and your experience here, as your reputation is built around your actions and words.

If anything, I'm trying to help you.
Member of Team Akkadian

#9 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:15 PM

Welcome to the Forums prettyearth! Interesting screen name by the way.

I have spent the last couple days trying to figure you out. After reading your "topic" about playing in the forest yesterday I was pretty confused... my thought process went something like this "This has to be a spambot of some kind" then after following you around a bit it changed to "maybe he just wants the 5% discount" (funny to wrote that cdrink) - hard to tell.

Now knowing you are from another country, not really knowing perfect English (although your English is better than my Moroccan :D), I understand better what's going on.

Nobody here hates you, just maybe slightly annoyed at the overflow of topics you've created about subjects that have been discussed over-and-over. If you were talking to a group of people who had no idea what paintball was then fine, but you stumbled into an online community that is incredibly knowledgeable about paintball (obviously) & has been in the game for quite some time. Because of that, many have looked at what you've written, or rather copy/pasted, with some annoyance.

My humble advice to you would be to do what IrishMack wrote: take the time to read thru the forum & the various pinned topics at the top of each sub-forum. You'll learn a lot more about paintball that way than reading some random blog somewhere. The best thing you can do now is read more than you post, take in all the info you can & then add to the discussions or ask questions as you need to.

If you do stick around I guarantee you'll learn a lot more than you already know, I certainly have. And, if you manage to become a quality contributor to the Forum throughout the next year, I can also guarantee you'll get a Special Ops Forum Award for "Most Improved Poster" :D.

Again, welcome to the Forums & glad to have you with us.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#10 User is offline   prettyearth 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:32 PM

View Postger, on Jun 24 2010, 01:15 PM, said:

Welcome to the Forums prettyearth! Interesting screen name by the way.

I have spent the last couple days trying to figure you out. After reading your "topic" about playing in the forest yesterday I was pretty confused... my thought process went something like this "This has to be a spambot of some kind" then after following you around a bit it changed to "maybe he just wants the 5% discount" (funny to wrote that cdrink) - hard to tell.

Now knowing you are from another country, not really knowing perfect English (although your English is better than my Moroccan :D), I understand better what's going on.

Nobody here hates you, just maybe slightly annoyed at the overflow of topics you've created about subjects that have been discussed over-and-over. If you were talking to a group of people who had no idea what paintball was then fine, but you stumbled into an online community that is incredibly knowledgeable about paintball (obviously) & has been in the game for quite some time. Because of that, many have looked at what you've written, or rather copy/pasted, with some annoyance.

My humble advice to you would be to do what IrishMack wrote: take the time to read thru the forum & the various pinned topics at the top of each sub-forum. You'll learn a lot more about paintball that way than reading some random blog somewhere. The best thing you can do now is read more than you post, take in all the info you can & then add to the discussions or ask questions as you need to.

If you do stick around I guarantee you'll learn a lot more than you already know, I certainly have. And, if you manage to become a quality contributor to the Forum throughout the next year, I can also guarantee you'll get a Special Ops Forum Award for "Most Improved Poster" ;).

Again, welcome to the Forums & glad to have you with us.

thank you all

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users