• You cannot reply to this topic

good position for me? just asking Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eyes 

• //ftw.eyes
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:special ops

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:01 PM

ok, im new to the paintball scene and i wanted to be a dagger. I love being in the action, I can usualy think fsat and move around quickly.

On the other hand, I have asthma [not the worst, but it can effect me in cold weather], im not the smallest guy youll see [5'5" 130lbs], but I am one of the fastest and have the most stamina on the team.

think this is a good spot for me? :D :ninja:

This post has been edited by Eyes: 05 December 2007 - 10:02 PM

#2 User is offline   ERROR 

• The ERROR in the world.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:FTW

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:03 PM

no, in fact you're horrible.
I think you should be the team's hooker.

<3

"There's nothing perfect in this world, except errors."
"I've actually seen a guy run out into a paintball field with just boxers on in the middle of about 60-70 players shooting it out and he was hurt real bad." - HardcoreDarkSky

#3 User is offline   Eyes 

• //ftw.eyes
  • Pip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:17 PM

View PostERROR, on Dec 5 2007, 11:03 PM, said:

no, in fact you're horrible.
I think you should be the team's hooker.

<3

i think that spot is already taken unfortunately . anyways.. this is a serious thread.. no more jokes with this please T3T

#4 User is offline   ERROR 

• PipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:29 PM

You're fine.
You outran me and Joey.

"OH MY GOD MY FACE!"

"I've actually seen a guy run out into a paintball field with just boxers on in the middle of about 60-70 players shooting it out and he was hurt real bad." - HardcoreDarkSky

#5 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:42 PM

i've posted this so many times, i've lost count. probably close to 20-30. anyway, for old times sake...

from DvS21:
you should actually not be listening to the positions, just play where your team needs you and have fun man. If you find you can pull the same front man type moves on the woodsball field, then hang back and play mid/"saber". Anywho take the advice for what it's worth to you.

from thebostinian:
i can't count how many times people have asked this question or one directly related to it ("my gun is small, but i like to play back, but should i play 'dagger' instead because of my gun"). it all comes down to what's comfortable for you and your skill set. i'm relatively quick (not blazing, though), i'm not a guy to pound a lot of paint, and i always have to be up front. i didn't really consciously decide to play the front because of my gun (2k autococker), but it's a decent setup for a frontman, it's just whats comfortable to me.

but really, DvS and Duk are dead on (the highlighted sections are profound words of wisdom regarding this topic) with their posts. paintball isn't about daggers and sabres, or frontmen and backmen, or snipers and commanders. rather, its about having fun. the sooner everyone realizes that, the better. it's a great game, people, but its still a game...lets not treat it like something else.

from TheReaper:
First off, I do enjoy and like the Positions but too many times people will read those position descriptions and they become law. If you think about it everyone is a Sabre really. When you are on the field there is never a set task that you do. You always have to change your gameplan and playstyle. So instead of being just one position you become all of them as you need to do what needs to be done rather than what you want or what your position is to do.

from Marauder Pilot:
The positions are kinda fun and cute, yeah, but this isn't Battlefield 2 or something-everybody starts out equally-equipped, really, and can be expected to do whatever is required of them at any given time.

in other words, worry about having fun, see where you wind up on the field when you play, and go from there.

WORD OF WARNING!!
those who do play up front are generally the guys who get hit the most. not a good idea to throw a newbie onto a field as the guy up on point, or playing the snake on a speedball field, because to the experienced players, he's wearing a huge "bunker me" sign. and getting shot at close range can hurt if you're not used to it.

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

#6 User is offline   Eyes 

• //ftw.eyes
  • Pip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:52 PM

ty thebostanian.. thats actually good advice
its kind of common sense to adapt to the situation... but me bing nub and all.. i woulda been like "woohhoo..... OWIE!!!!"

#7 User is offline   ERROR 

• PipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:53 PM

View Postthebostinian, on Dec 5 2007, 09:42 PM, said:

WORD OF WARNING!!
those who do play up front are generally the guys who get hit the most. not a good idea to throw a newbie onto a field as the guy up on point, or playing the snake on a speedball field, because to the experienced players, he's wearing a huge "bunker me" sign. and getting shot at close range can hurt if you're not used to it.

But isn't that why there's an 8ft rule?

#8 User is offline   Eyes 

• //ftw.eyes
  • Pip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:01 PM

View PostERROR, on Dec 5 2007, 11:53 PM, said:

WORD OF WARNING!!

that still close...300fps error :P

#9 User is offline   thebostinian 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:17 PM

View PostERROR, on Dec 6 2007, 12:53 AM, said:

WORD OF WARNING!!

depends on the field, and accidents still happen. plus, you can be 8 feet from the guy and still have very solid cover between him and you. it generally only comes into play when you get the drop on someone. and if they make a move like they're trying to turn around a shoot you, one or two shots is perfectly acceptable, just make sure they're not in a painful spot.

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

#10 User is offline   Never Dead's twin 

• WARPAINT
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BLACK OPS RANGER

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:52 AM

View PostERROR, on Dec 5 2007, 10:53 PM, said:

WORD OF WARNING!!

Not everyone folows the rules either, and crap happens.

#11 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:05 PM

If thats what you like then dont let a bunch of guys on the interwebs tell you otherwise. but as you play more and grow into the sport you will discover what you really like to play. :P

my .02
Boss Paintball

#12 User is offline   QUEEG 

• QUEEG 500/Scott Grieger/Z-Barf
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QUEEG 500

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:45 PM

Well, congrats on picking dagger, but like everyone else said, don't let your marker define your position, or your position define you. I always play accordingly now, and it's a very smart thing to do. Mainly because playing dagger isn't good for every situation. You'll learn on your own eventually I guess.

This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.
PM Me if you want to know why my signature is legal...Its actually the most reported thing on the forum these days -Tenacious

#13 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:05 PM

Play the way you want and have fun doing it.

Don't "pick" a position and stick to it... just do whatever comes naturally and see where you wind up gravitating towards.
Member of Team Akkadian

#14 User is offline   thebostinian 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:07 PM

View PostThalion, on Dec 9 2007, 02:05 PM, said:

Play the way you want and have fun doing it.

Don't "pick" a position and stick to it... just do whatever comes naturally and see where you wind up gravitating towards.

Thalion summed up what i said in about 1/20th the words.

#15 User is offline   oneshotdown 

• J!NX
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:oneshotdown

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:52 PM

Also, consider this.

When some paintballers are asked by their "commander" to perform a task that isnt included in what they think is the parameters of their role/position, they blantantly refuse to carry out the task because, well, they think that they must stick to their postion.

Just try to play for awhile, stay flexible and have some fun. Many have forgotten that fun is a part of our sport, no, our lifestyles.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users