Ethrealwolf, on Nov 23 2009, 01:45 PM, said:
I'll awnser them in backwards order.
1. the players is two reasons. first, people don't like SP. they see that Smart parts is a driving force behind this, and they hate.
2. even if .50 had lived up to all the hype, people would still hate.
3. the second is, as much as people in the sport hate to admit it, they think change is scary and the status quo needs to be maintained till the sport dies from stagnation.
4. and yeah, it was (and still is) being marketed in retarded ways, I'm sure as hell not going to argue with you there.
5. Again, see smart parts and anything they've ever marketed ever. though I'd be firing my marketing team if i was italia right now, especially after the ballistic and break tests started getting out.
6. But, the sad part is, for all the backlash, and despite the tests, there are going to be people who buy the hype, and waste their cash on this poo.
1. I could live with what you say except that I'm NOT one of the SP 'haters"...nor do I hate Kingman...
I hate the .50 cal because I don't care what they claim they can do with the formula, it's still going to suck. It did before and it will again. We already have statistics that show it to [of this new batch] and even you must admit it's lacking in most every aspect of the 68 counterpart save one...efficiency----but ONLY efficient in THEIR produiced marker...
2. It IS hype...and it CAN'T live up to their claim....not in retrofit kits and not unless they create some miracle recipe [which they haven't done YET for the 68 BTW]...it's a mess waiting to happen.
3. I could also live with what you say, except that there are just some things best left untouched. Sometimes that car with a window crank is better than electric windows.........especially when it has to go to the shop and have it's motor/drive belt replaced.
Just because something is new, doesn't make it better. The Yugo was new at one point too....
4. They are hyping it up to be the better 'sliced bread' and it just isn't so. I'm having a [mild] arguement over on the UWL site about it because the creator of the UWL is also the big wig [cough TOM COLE cough] who is PUSHING the 50 and trying to include it into the UWL. Gee...isn't Spyder making .50 pistols? Big suprise huh? It's a marketing ploy because a marker [without abusing it] will last for decades. My 68 Magnum is the prime example. Made in 1986, it runs today like it did the day I bought it. If the pro-50 companies are going to stay alive, they have to do SOMETHING that generates revenue. For them, that's markers. If we are forced to have to buy them because they've hyped everyone into believing this inferior ball is better...they have won....and at OUR cost.
5. I have to counter this with - dun dun dun - the Ion. From the GATE it was marketed as a "cheaper alternative to get [kids] into tourney ball." It lives up to that claim. It competes [bps for bps......weight vs weight.....etc] right from the box.
6. That's absolutely correct.