Special Ops Paintball: Squad A-T tactics - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Squad A-T tactics using a squad to take on tanks Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Post icon  Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:44 AM

here's the deal: At any scenario games that involve tanks, i play the role of anti-tank, and i'm good at it. This year i'm given a squad to command, AND run with the A-T weapon. Does anyone have any squad level tactics to use against tanks? Any tankers out there, where are you weak at :P? :panzer: :ghillie:
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#2 User is offline   Phoenix62187 

• A.K.A. "Atlas"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Phoenix62187

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:18 AM

Think this scenario:

A tank is coming up the road,
Coming around to a sharp bend.

You set your men up around the bend,
With the majority of your men on one side (Alpha),
And the minimum crew required to man your A-T weapon on the other side (Bravo).

Alpha waits in strong cover,
Spread out enough so that the tank's cannon can only engage a small fraction of them at a time.

Bravo waits in concealment,
Not cover,
And waits for the tank to focus on Alpha.

With the gunner occupied,
Bravo takes its time,
Lines up it's shots,
And eliminates the tank with minimal shots and risk.

A text-book ambush.

A tank is limited in very exploitable ways.
The sides and rear cannot be effectively defended,
Especially from more than one side.
Catch a tank at two or more flanking angles and its got nothing to do.

So,
To summarize:

1-Pick your fight with the tank,
Surprise is your greatest ally,
Second to your mobility and flexibility.
You can move in dense woods,
The tank cannot.
Exploit and utilize this to the best of your ability.

2- Use flanking angles.
Catch the tank from multiple sides.
Most tanks simply are not equipped to handle
Attacks from many different directions at once.

3- Protect your A-T weapon crew.
If they're dead,
You've no A-T capabilities.
Keep them in the back,
And call them up when you need them.
Without them,
You're just another infantry unit.

Best of luck at D-Day,
I'll be hunting you specifically.

Phoenix.
Iron Cross Recipient, D-Day 2008, for ambushing 20+ Allied Airborne soldiers with a Tac-8 pistol in broad daylight on flat open ground.

#3 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:59 PM

Pretty much exactly what Phoenix said
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#4 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheHurricane

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:02 PM

what can eliminate a tank?
Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:
Planet Eclipse | PnL Paintball | Valken | Visions Edge | Exalt | Energy Batteries

#5 User is offline   STAZ211 

• Do it........i dare you
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STAZ211

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:18 PM

View PostHurricane, on May 26 2008, 05:02 PM, said:

what can eliminate a tank?

A-T weapons like launchers and depending on the scenario sometimes grenades.

Pheonix basicaly said it all. also if its a heavy combat scenario, and you cant set up an ambush, get people (1-3 guys depending on the size of your squad, 2 is ideal) to "distract" the tank. basicaly give the tank something to shoot at other than your A-T guy. have them shoot at the tank and draw its attention. once they have, send the A-T guy with support to flank the tank (or just get to where it is not looking). try and keep the launcher out of sight, even if it means surrounding the guy with other players to make it look like just another squad (but still try and be sneaky about it). once your in range, take the shot and leave the tank crew not knowing what happened.

you really need to keep that laucher concield, that is the key. when i went to a scenario at West Point, i worked with a tank (i supported it with a squad of infentry), and he was ALWAYS looking for A-T guys. if your a normal guy, he will ignore you if he sees a A-T, even if you are a closer target. if he cant see the ATW, then he will treat you like every other 'target' he has and if your guys are making a good diversion, that should be them and not you.
"Let he who desires peace prepare for war..."

"Home of the free, because of the brave..."

#6 User is offline   Blackout007 

• Cpt Blackout
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Blackout007

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:48 PM

"what can eliminate a tank?"

My most recent experiance with the paintball tank eliminations was durring the Long Island Cousins Big Game in Corem on the 18th of May. We took on a A-T mission, they handed out red frisbies with cards taped on the back of them signifying it was a mission to the refs. We grabbed a ref in a large firefight, took the frisbie and put leaves over it on the road as the tank was approaching our position. Sat back and engaged from cover until the tank ran it over and the ref stopped the tank and pulled the frisbie from under it and said "your dead".

That was the first time I used that meathod of killing a tank personally. I was always used to throwing nades or nerf rockets at the thing. I guess it's safer durring a big game to use mines than rockets and nades. ::shrugs:: Regardless it was fun, and tanks add a very realistic obsticle to the woodsball arena and mil-sim in general.
Join The Knight Hawk Coalition

#7 User is offline   OzWolf 

• Has Chainsaw Teeth
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:OzWolf

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

My brother and myself engage tanks all the time. I will lay down with my LAW, I take advantage of tanks limited sight. My brother will draw fire to where the tank is advancing. I will then pop up and eliminate the tank from the rear.

#8 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:05 AM

that's pretty much what i was thinking, thanks. Let me know if you have any other sneaky tricks

"what can eliminate a tank?"

at D-Day, the A-T weapons there are "maker in a tube" not the pneumatic nerf launchers. Basically it's a paintball marker in PVC pipe to look like a WW2 launcher (panzershrek, PIAT, Bazooka, etc)
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#9 User is offline   NYboomer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NYBoomer

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:35 AM

also if the tank has infantry cover use your squad to draw them off, nothing better than acting like a newbie and running when the take pulls up then when the infantry leave to chase your squad and the tank is distracted kill it from the other direction.
"it's not running it is charging in the other direction"

"1,2,3 charge, wait where did ya go?"

#10 User is offline   Shadow Ghost 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow Ghost 13

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:33 PM

recently, we had a big to-do at my friends nighbors 800 acres! we had 100 people come and a tank. well. we decided to have me, the dagger, my friend, sniper, and my other friend, heavy gunner, versus all of them!!. well. we hid out in the woods and stumbled across a road. our sniper told me and heavy gunner friend that a tank was comin with like 50 or so people. so we hid and when they came, he shot the tank when i started throwing paint-grenades. we dwindled their #s down to about 5 people when i got out. my friend ran fer it. then my sniper friend was somehow in a tree( hes that good!) and picked of the last few. he was our mvp fer the day! :evil:

#11 User is offline   STAZ211 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:06 PM

View PostShadow Ghost, on Jun 11 2008, 08:33 PM, said:

recently, we had a big to-do at my friends nighbors 800 acres! we had 100 people come and a tank. well. we decided to have me, the dagger, my friend, sniper, and my other friend, heavy gunner, versus all of them!!. well. we hid out in the woods and stumbled across a road. our sniper told me and heavy gunner friend that a tank was comin with like 50 or so people. so we hid and when they came, he shot the tank when i started throwing paint-grenades. we dwindled their #s down to about 5 people when i got out. my friend ran fer it. then my sniper friend was somehow in a tree( hes that good!) and picked of the last few. he was our mvp fer the day! :laugh:

was the other team using sticks and the tank a bike..... :dodgy:

honestly man i find that extreamly, if not impossible, hard to believe. 3 people vs 97 + a tank. no way. even in just that one engagment, 50+tank vs 3, not possible. how would you even carry that much paint? what, did you get one-two shot kills on everyone? you couldnt have won, unless the other team was a bunch of idiots with no guns.

#12 User is offline   Silent_h0pper 

• l33t hack
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Silent_h0pper

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:53 AM

Yeah Kenny is right cause he is a guid.

#13 User is offline   tippmann553 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:tippmann553

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:55 AM

recently, we had a big to-do at my friends nighbors 800 acres! we had 100 people come and a tank. well. we decided to have me, the dagger, my friend, sniper, and my other friend, heavy gunner, versus all of them!!. well. we hid out in the woods and stumbled across a road. our sniper told me and heavy gunner friend that a tank was comin with like 50 or so people. so we hid and when they came, he shot the tank when i started throwing paint-grenades. we dwindled their #s down to about 5 people when i got out. my friend ran fer it. then my sniper friend was somehow in a tree( hes that good!) and picked of the last few. he was our mvp fer the day! :ghillie:

If this actually happened, which it didn't, then I am god.
L33t H4ck

#14 User is offline   STAZ211 

• PipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:24 PM

View Posttippmann553, on Jun 17 2008, 12:55 PM, said:

recently, we had a big to-do at my friends nighbors 800 acres! we had 100 people come and a tank. well. we decided to have me, the dagger, my friend, sniper, and my other friend, heavy gunner, versus all of them!!. well. we hid out in the woods and stumbled across a road. our sniper told me and heavy gunner friend that a tank was comin with like 50 or so people. so we hid and when they came, he shot the tank when i started throwing paint-grenades. we dwindled their #s down to about 5 people when i got out. my friend ran fer it. then my sniper friend was somehow in a tree( hes that good!) and picked of the last few. he was our mvp fer the day! B)

If this actually happened, which it didn't, then I am god.

well...your not too far off....lol. but agreed. if this happened id give you my A5 for free and build you a tank to use at no cost.

#15 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:55 PM

back on topic please. Stories are fine, as long as there is some sort of anti-tank tactic being used/explained.

As skeptical as i am of the 50 v. 3 story, stop flaming it. who cares if it's real or fake?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users