Special Ops Paintball: Is it needed during a game of paintball? - Special Ops Paintball

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is it needed during a game of paintball? Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Is it needed during a game of paintball? (74 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think energy drinks are useful in paintball?

1. Yes, very useful before/during/after a paintball game. (15 votes [20.27%])

Percentage of vote: 20.27%

2. No, not useful in paintball. (59 votes [79.73%])

Percentage of vote: 79.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   DeAdLy RuSsIaN 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SILENTDEATHAWAITS

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

Hey guys. I just wanted to get some of your feedback on one topic...
In most high endurance sports, there is always a drink that is marketed through that sport. Lebron James has Vitamin Water, snowboarders and motocross have Monster, the NBA and NFL market Propel/Gatorade/Powerade and so on. I think that paintball is also a high endurance sport.
Do you think that the paintball community is a good market for energy drinks? Why or why not?

This post has been edited by DeAdLy RuSsIaN: 22 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

#2 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:22 PM

Yes, since a lot of us are teens/young adults...and teens/young adults consume the most energy drinks.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   DeAdLy RuSsIaN 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SILENTDEATHAWAITS

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:24 PM

View PostSpudCrushr, on Apr 22 2009, 09:22 PM, said:

Yes, since a lot of us are teens/young adults...and teens/young adults consume the most energy drinks.

Thanks Spud. What do the rest of you guys think?

#4 User is offline   ck_stalefish 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ck_stalefish

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:26 PM

View PostDeAdLy RuSsIaN, on Apr 22 2009, 10:17 PM, said:

Hey guys. I just wanted to get some of your feedback on one topic...
In most high endurance sports, there is always a drink that is marketed through that sport. Lebron James has Vitamin Water, snowboarders and motocross have Monster, the NBA and NFL market Propel/Gatorade/Powerade and so on. I think that paintball is also a high endurance sport.
Do you think that the paintball community is a good market for energy drinks? Why or why not?

I disagree with you on that. As much as I love paintball, it's not a high endurance sport in my opinion, so therefore I don't see any reason why we need a certain brand of refreshment to be marketed for our sport.
"The dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."
T.E. Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

#5 User is offline   Avrora 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Avrora

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:26 PM

i think it would give you a cramp kinda like what soda does

#6 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

Bawls?
Wretched is the sound of my voice.

IN MY DROPSHIP ZIGZAGS STAY LIT

#7 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

I don't see paintball as a high endurance sport. For the most part it is a lot of milling around, getting ready, then 10 intesnse minutes of play. Rinse; repeat.

WATER. Don't need to be drinking that energy poo. That is BAD for you and really hinders performance. Drink water or gatorade.

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#8 User is offline   MASER 

• I am SciFi
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MASER

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:55 PM

I usually drink Powerade water during long scenario games and rec games from a hydration bladder - I find that not a sweet as say regular Powerade, Gartorade or and other so called energy drinks. I drink to replace lost body fluids that are lost when I sweat under all the gear and don't pass out on the field. I do not drink to get energy. For energy I'll eat an actual meal or have CLIFF bar in between my time on the field - no drinking a can of Monster Energy drink. So do I think "energy drinks" like Monster and Red Bull are useful for paintball; no. But I do think having liquids like Powerade Gatorade to replace fluids are very useful to have.

Hope that helps.

Binary Specter: Scenario Paintball Team
"Haven't you read the Super Villain's Handbook? This is where you're supposed to twirl your mustache and gloat."
"We're not going in circles, nimrod, 'cause we've never been here before. We're completely lost."

#9 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• You won't do it! You ain't crazy!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sunshine ac-05

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:00 PM

No. they make your nervous system work...harder(?), they don't give you more muscular endurance, or strength. all they will do is burn you out fast and dehydrate you. I see them as detrimental during a game of paintball.
"it just doesnt look cool unless you're riding a yamazuki zx1200rrr" - C9H13NO3

#10 User is offline   lethalpanther 

• OOO a lizard!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:lethalpanther1

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:06 PM

yeah, i don't fancy them that much. sure, a nice cold soda after a day of play is nice but don't use it to get energy. Maybe stop at a pizza place beforehand and bring a pizza to the field to eat between games. but definetely drink things like water or gatorade
It's only a game, you don't need to be afaid of anyone, except for ONE person. Its not the teenager with a marker worth more than your car. Its not the SPPL player with about 35 BPS firing rate. Its the 40 year old guy lying in a corner, taking a nap before the game begins. His camo will probably be old, and he will most likely be toting a pump. He's been playing since before you were born, and if he mentions how much he didn't like when he had to play with oil based paintballs, make SURE he is on your team. This guy is a ghost.-Match99
Your grace...Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought honourably. And Rhaegar died. - Ser Jorah Mormont

#11 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:19 PM

View Postevillepaintball, on Apr 23 2009, 01:00 AM, said:

No. they make your nervous system work...harder(?), they don't give you more muscular endurance, or strength. all they will do is burn you out fast and dehydrate you. I see them as detrimental during a game of paintball.

This ^^^.

Energy drinks are full of crap your body does not need. Caffeine and sugar are the major ingredients. Caffeine is a diuretic, it dehydrates you. Drinks with high sugar content dehydrate you. Caffeine artificially boosts your heart rate, now go out there and run around and naturally boost your heart rate in addition to what the caffeine does and you can create an unhealthy situation very fast. Especially if you have an undiagnosed heart condition. Energy drinks do not give you endurance. They make you crash.

You want endurance on the field? Eat good the day before. Get hydrated the day before (just drinking a lot the day of isn't enough). Eat a hearty breakfast loaded with calories that morning. Drink plenty of water or gatorade (but don't overdo the gatorade, again the sugar thing). Snack on power bars or protein bars, both are loaded with carbs and protein, natural things your body needs to maintain a high level of activity.

That is how you should prepare for a demanding day of paintball.

#12 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:41 PM

This is how you should prepare for ANYTHING.

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#13 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:56 PM

Good market? Probably, yeah.

Actually helpful during/before/after a game? depends... but, for the most part, no.

To be perfectly honest, I usually chug something like a 36oz rockstar after a day of play- just so I can go home or to work and have the energy to get through the rest of the day. I know, in all honesty, that it's bad for me- but I'm 24, and my body will adapt- and beyond that, it helps. some of the energy shots are less helpful- Naicin flushes are friggin uncomfortable, and I'm a bit leery of mana and health pots now, as well as the rockstar energy shots, for just that reason. (some of them are godawful tasting too)

Some of the 'gentler' or special-formula energy drinks aren't bad for during-game use, or inbetween games- the army drink (hooah, i think it is) is pretty solid, and the old Gatorade drink....endurade? accelerade? is pretty good, but it's apparently no longer made. Something like those, with far less caffiene and sugar would be better for paintball in general than another reflavoring of the existing stuff.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#14 User is offline   Brainshot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:49 AM

Hydrate. Drink water.

Enough said.

#15 User is offline   Scouting Sniper 

• Sniper
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:emerald.kontact

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:22 AM

As much as I like my Bawls, Monster, and Rockstar, I would NOT advise it during a game of paintball. It dehydrates you, and as aforementioned, it creates a higher heart rate, just asking for an accident to happen.
Christian 'Baller

If you are under 16 and pay for your own gear, put this in your signature.

Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users