• You cannot reply to this topic

Marker Setup Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Cpt._Crazy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Spyder_Sniper8

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

I'm looking for a new marker. I am a "sniper" at most of the games I go to and I'm looking for something that has decent range with good accuracy. I don't have huge amounts of money so something cost effective would be excellent. Any ideas would be great!

Thanks

#2 User is offline   Spektre 

• Forum Stalker
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPEKTRE

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

As a heads up, this topic is probably gonna get torn to shreds. People will rant that: you should use the search button, you should know that all paintball guns have similar range and accuracy, and you should use whatever gun feels good to you because that is what will be most accurate to you.. You should use the search button, however. You should also know that all paintball guns are about the same and that the important thing is to feel good with your gun.

The single most important factor in range and accuracy is this: GOOD PAINT TO BORE MATCH. If you have that, you're good. Just do what feels good to you.
SPEKTRE, Recon Element
Grim Reapers Paintball

#3 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:12 PM

Well, you could go with a Smart Parts SP-1, those things are supposedly pretty quiet, I haven't even opened mine so I can't vogue for that. Also, to get good close-mid range accuracy you could get an Apex ready Lapco Bigshot barrel(Great quality barrel) with Apex tip included so you can get a that extra range you're looking for, although it won't be as accurate. To help improve accuracy you'd want to use medium to large bore quality paint and HPA.

#4 User is offline   C.Hathcock 

• Woodsballer!!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:C.Hatcock

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:21 PM

Just Search Tippmann 98 Custom. Thats what I use and love(slightly modified of course).
Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. -Thomas Jefferson

#5 User is offline   Spektre 

• Forum Stalker
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPEKTRE

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:52 PM

Problem with the 98, however, is that it is very loud. Doesn't make for a good "Sniper Marker." I've heard that the SP-1 is good and since it is an electro it will be quite, as Weigel said. An Sp-1 is only $150 new, so you can get them very inexpensively. Also, it can be modded into a rather nice "Sniper Marker" as seen in one of the PBTech videos on youtube. You can "snipe" with whatever marker you choose, however. It's all about being your personal ability.
SPEKTRE, Recon Element
Grim Reapers Paintball

#6 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:14 PM

I'll lend my vote to the SP1 as well. I love using it, especially for sniping. For specifics, see my review of it in the Product Review Section.

#7 User is offline   Wrzesinski 

• Gives his $.02
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wrzesinski

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:19 AM

hpa, good paint, good paint match [do the blow test thingy], and a dot sight...the marker is up to you if you want a cheap electro the mr-2 is the way to go, if batteries aren't your thing the 98 custom rocks like Metallica on good speakers, but like Metallica it can be loud if you let it. in the end it is ultimately how much time and patience you are willing to put into practicing...get familiar with your marker [go pin cards to a board in your back yard and practice shooting at them until you can hit them every time.] patience is the ultimate weapon, with it you can do anything, but without it you can't do anything.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
Being too awesome :P

Who has the best girlfriend in the whole wide world? ME!

#8 User is offline   FlamingMace 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:42 PM

I would recomend the 98c. people say it is loud but you can make it quiet by "silencing" the internals, you can find a how-to on the any of the tippmann OG forums. If you take your index and middle finger and tap them against your thigh - thats about how loud my 98 is, so they aren't loud at all. Also they are TANKS. I love mine and it will always be my favourite.

The only real issue with them is consistancy which isn't really a major thing, if you use HPA you should be fine. If you are really into all the perfect shot stuff like me then get a reg. I got a nice palmers regulator second hand for quite cheap and it works a dream.

I'm not that fond of SP-1s because my friend bought one and the first time playing with it he fell on it and somehow managed to break the stabalizer (i think thats what it is) in the foregrip, and it basicly caused a huge leak which aparently took a lot of money to fix. They are nice and everything but they aren't build like rocks like tippmanns. B)

#9 User is offline   Tribs 

• Real men use 12 grams
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:40 PM

Noise won't matter when you are sniping, the instant you shoot at someone, if they aren't already being shot at by someone else, will know they are being shot at, regardless of how loud your marker is.
All paintball guns have the same range, so don't worry about that.
As long as you are familiar with your marker, you'll do fine with accuracy, assuming you use properly sized, fresh paint.

#10 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:49 PM

go SP-1

you will strongly regret going tippmann!
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   p8blr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:pbrules15

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:36 PM

I too would say go for the SP-1. Why, do a search, there are many pros to this marker.

What no one has suggested yet, was going pump. Learning to play pump will increase your accuracy, regardless of the gun you choose to play with.
Take a look around the pump section.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users