but then how about giving like 500-1000 points for passing the officer's test

This post has been edited by wico90: 02 October 2008 - 08:03 AM

#32 User is offline   009DBZ 

• 009DBZ
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:009DBZ

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:09 AM

Looks like the Brigade release has been delayed. Hopefully it will be released by no later then Wednesday.
DAMON GARFIELD - X BRIGADE SUPPORT - SPECIAL OPS PAINTBALL

#33 User is offline   Xaber 

• Beefy Armed Dagron
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Xaber

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:29 PM

View Post009DBZ, on Oct 1 2008, 12:11 PM, said:

It used to be that you would get 50 points for every log. But now you only get 50 points for each day regardless of how many logs you put in one day. So it I put say 1000 logs in today, I would still only get 50 points.

So if I played 3 seperate days in a week (Oct 1, 2 & 4) and tried to log them all on the same day (Oct 6) would it give me the 150 points or only 50 points? I understand if you tried to log 3 games for Oct 1, why you would only get 50 points, but it seems the other is a more realistic and valid situation that would need to be addressed.

View Post009DBZ, on Oct 1 2008, 12:48 PM, said:

I like that idea a lot. It might even be good idea to give refs more like 10-20 extra points.

All that's going to wind up happening is people will log themselves as reffing when they didn't really... just to get the extra points. I like the idea of Ref being a playable position, and getting the same points as all the other positions.

View Post009DBZ, on Oct 2 2008, 10:09 AM, said:

Looks like the Brigade release has been delayed. Hopefully it will be released by no later then Wednesday.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! Why must you torment us like this!?!?!

This post has been edited by Xaber: 02 October 2008 - 04:30 PM

Jason @ Crossfire Paintball
www.crossfirepb.net

"Preach the gospel at all times, and when necessary use paint!"

#34 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:48 PM

View PostXaber, on Oct 2 2008, 07:29 PM, said:

View Post009DBZ, on Oct 1 2008, 12:11 PM, said:

It used to be that you would get 50 points for every log. But now you only get 50 points for each day regardless of how many logs you put in one day. So it I put say 1000 logs in today, I would still only get 50 points.

So if I played 3 seperate days in a week (Oct 1, 2 & 4) and tried to log them all on the same day (Oct 6) would it give me the 150 points or only 50 points? I understand if you tried to log 3 games for Oct 1, why you would only get 50 points, but it seems the other is a more realistic and valid situation that would need to be addressed.

If we use your example you'll get full points IF you date the games played for their proper dates. But if you log in on the 6th and date all games for Oct 1 only, you'll only get the 50 points.

View Post009DBZ, on Oct 1 2008, 12:48 PM, said:

I like that idea a lot. It might even be good idea to give refs more like 10-20 extra points.

All that's going to wind up happening is people will log themselves as reffing when they didn't really... just to get the extra points. I like the idea of Ref being a playable position, and getting the same points as all the other positions.

That's why I suggested only 5 points. It gives people a reason to ref but it's not enough points to make cheating worth while.

View Post009DBZ, on Oct 2 2008, 10:09 AM, said:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! Why must you torment us like this!?!?!

Because it's fun.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#35 User is offline   009DBZ 

• 009DBZ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:11 AM

1st off let me make the new play log a little bit more clear for anyone that didn't quite get it. If I log 10 games today and I put down different dates for each one, I'll still only get 50 points.
There's a date stamp that's added to each game in the database that tells us when you made the log entry so that the date you put down has no effect on the points.

2nd I think we should give 10 extra points to refs since it's going to be a lot harder for people to cheat anyways.

3rd I agree, it's a lot of fun to torment you guys :P
No, but really Travis decided that he wanted to do some more stuff to the shopping cart before he releases it, and the new shopping cart is top priority. He's pushing to get it released for today, so let's all just keep our fingers crossed. The sooner he gets the shopping cart done the sooner we'll work on making the Brigade live.

#36 User is offline   Xaber 

• Beefy Armed Dagron
  • PipPip

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:41 AM

View Post009DBZ, on Oct 3 2008, 09:11 AM, said:

1st off let me make the new play log a little bit more clear for anyone that didn't quite get it. If I log 10 games today and I put down different dates for each one, I'll still only get 50 points.
There's a date stamp that's added to each game in the database that tells us when you made the log entry so that the date you put down has no effect on the points.

Thanks for clarifying... that's what I thought you were saying. Does it make sense what we're saying though? It's going to be frustrating for people if they have to time their logs to either get them in the same/next day that they play or else wait to log one... game... per... day... until they've got them all in.

At the risk of opening a can of worms here... how is this going to effect our existing points? I know there have been times in the past where I've gone a month or more without updating my Brigade page & then done it all on one day. Is the roll-out going to back-date all my old info, or is it going to transfer my current points and continue forward with all new postings?

This post has been edited by Xaber: 03 October 2008 - 09:48 AM

www.crossfirepb.net

#37 User is offline   009DBZ 

• 009DBZ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:23 AM

I don't think it's going to be a problem for anyone who uses the Play Log what it's for. The main purpose of the Play Log isn't about points, but it's about keeping track of how well you're preforming out on the field.

Also we will never take away points you've earned. So the update won't affect your previous Plays, only any new ones you log.

#38 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:37 AM

Just remembered another item:

A team field in the game log entries to add to the potential uses of the stats, and potentialy linking to any such entries in the Team pages etc.

Plus an export option? Clicking to download a CSV etc of our stats.

Thanks.

#39 User is offline   2nd west mayo brigade 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:deofol

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:05 PM

I like the idea of only 50points a day for play logs but why only give 50 pts for logging logging a few days of play on say the last day of playing? What if you are playing a multiple day game such as D-Day do all those days and different encounters count as one as far as points go? For example D-day is a total of 7 days right. There is more than just one game played during that 7 days. Unless you have access to the internet every night you play you will be not allowed to get full points when you get home and log all the different games through the week. Am I not understanding this new setup right? Please let me know.
Captain
The Flying Column of the...
2nd West Mayo Brigade
Paintball team

#40 User is offline   009DBZ 

• 009DBZ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:55 AM

The point of making the play log this way is to deter cheaters from wanting to cheat. The play log isn't really about the points as much as it is about keeping track of your progress and it is one of the areas that gets taken advantage of the most from cheaters.

If you are too concerned about getting the points for each day then you can log a game each day for a week. It's not like it takes a lot of time out of your day or anything.

#41 User is offline   2nd west mayo brigade 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:26 PM

I am not worried at all I make it a ritual to log my play the same day I play every time I play. I just have a few slackers that forget on my team thats all. So let me get this 100% correct so I can tell the slackers. if you have say three weekends that you actually did play and you want to log them but forgot. Are you going to get credit even just for one game/position per day you log if you log them all on the same date? Say I went on the 5th 10th and 15th of last month and I slacked till today to input them. Under the new policy would I get 50 points because I logged them all the same day or would I get the 150 points because the actual play dates are different? I am just looking for a little clarification to pass on to my brethren.
Captain
2nd West Mayo Brigade
Paintball team

#42 User is offline   Xaber 

• Beefy Armed Dagron
  • PipPip

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:54 PM

View Post2nd west mayo brigade, on Oct 6 2008, 01:26 PM, said:

Say I went on the 5th 10th and 15th of last month and I slacked till today to input them.

In the situation you gave, you would only get 50 points because you are logging them all on the same day. You could however log the 5th today, 10th tomorrow, and the 15th the next day and get 150 points though.

View Post009DBZ, on Oct 3 2008, 10:23 AM, said:

The main purpose of the Play Log isn't about points, but it's about keeping track of how well you're preforming out on the field.

The ranking system and ability to compare yourself against other players is one of the cooler features of the Brigade site, so I'd say that the points are a huge part of the purpose for anything having to do with the Brigade.

On a different note, have you given any thought to teams being able to list or earn points for sponsors on their team pages? Teams work hard to gain sponsors, and this would help them promote their sponsors through their team pages.

This post has been edited by Xaber: 06 October 2008 - 02:05 PM

www.crossfirepb.net

#43 User is offline   2nd west mayo brigade 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:58 AM

Ok so I was right then. Ha oh well I guess my slackers will be losing out on alot of points then. They can hardly log their play right now as it is let alone have to log on once a day to get full points for past slacked inputs. This is kinda lame though if you think of it. For example the D-day situation I gave. I would now have to log in for how many consecutive days just to properly log my play and get full points. I do not like that part. Some of us do not have alot of time to be playing on the computer everyday you know.
Captain
2nd West Mayo Brigade
Paintball team

#44 User is offline   009DBZ 

• 009DBZ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:04 AM

You don't need a lot of time to log a play. I can log a play in under a minute if I need to and then go and edit the details when I have free time. And Xaber I understand that it's cool to be able to compare your rank with other members but the play log has been misused by a vast number of people and you're only supposed to get 50 points per day you log anyways and some people want to log each individual game they played rather then the whole day and the only way for them to do that without raking up points was to make it 50 points per day.
So everyone quite your whining. :wub:

Also Xaber, what did you have in mind exactly when you said "have you given any thought to teams being able to list or earn points for sponsors on their team pages?"?
Please just clarify a little.

#45 User is offline   Xaber 

• Beefy Armed Dagron
  • PipPip

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:51 PM

View Post009DBZ, on Oct 7 2008, 11:04 AM, said:

And Xaber I understand that it's cool to be able to compare your rank with other members but the play log has been misused by a vast number of people and you're only supposed to get 50 points per day you log anyways and some people want to log each individual game they played rather then the whole day and the only way for them to do that without raking up points was to make it 50 points per day.

I totally understand people have abused the system... and I'm sure they will continue to do so even with the new system in place. It stinks that they mess it up for the rest of us who try to use it the way it's intended.

View Post009DBZ, on Oct 7 2008, 11:04 AM, said:

Also Xaber, what did you have in mind exactly when you said "have you given any thought to teams being able to list or earn points for sponsors on their team pages?"?

Hadn't given it any more thought besides that... I just thought it would be cool to have a place (like the play log, commendations, and pictures) for teams to list their sponsors, maybe include a link or logos. Tying in ways for team members or captains to get points would encourage teams to reach out or list sponsorships... but could also be one more way for people to abuse the system. Perhaps replacing the gear section with a sponsors section? Just thinking out loud.
www.crossfirepb.net

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users