Special Ops Paintball: SP8 for Woodsball... - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SP8 for Woodsball... Just a simple question.

#1 User is offline   Death Envoy 

• Nos Mos Nunquam Intereo
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Death Envoy

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:01 PM

My friend Dylan is looking for a good woodsball gun, and is undecided how he will play, but he does shoot quite a bit, and does rush alot. He was looking into an SP-8 and MR2 (Spyder). I dont know how well the SP-8 preforms (besides what the websites give me, but i trust you guys more), but would it preform better than an MR2?

#2 User is offline   ikill4n2 

• speedball ftw
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:alec

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:01 PM

and sp gun>any spyder

bu to be honest though if hes aggressive he would do better with a smaller and lighte gun like a sft shocker or a 05 ego or somthing like that just because he playes woodsball doesnt mean he has to use woodsball stuff

This post has been edited by ikill4n2: 15 September 2008 - 07:03 PM

HK ARMY
i rock a shocker
roll guns not blunts
Alabamian #5
free agent

#3 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:46 PM

look into a used Nerve. can be had for less then 200 bucks outperform an SP8 is every way too.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:56 PM

Not only that, the SP8 is no longer being made!

#5 User is offline   With_Force 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WITHFORCE

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:43 AM

View PostKodiak, on Sep 15 2008, 09:56 PM, said:

Not only that, the SP8 is no longer being made!

Really? I didn't know that.

But, to address the OP. I own both. I've got a plain jane, out of the box SP8, a modified one (see one of my topics in this section), and an MR2. I like both guns, and both can be great performing markers but my SP8(s) outclass the MR2 out of the box, in my opinion. I'm not anti-anything when it comes to brands and I still enjoy shooting either the MR2 or the SP8, but it [SP8] clearly performs better.
Who needs subtlety? I shoot until the woods are monochrome.

#6 User is offline   Death Envoy 

• PipPip

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:52 PM

Alright, Ive checked quite a few things about both guns lately, and the SP is a nicer marker than a MR series, but I cant say i wouldn't recommend it to someone. My dad recently bought himself and MR1 (I don't live with him, so i don't know much of it yet myself, but what I have seen) and says it preforms great. But you all seem so set on the SP guns....it seems anyone who has ever had an SP gun says its superior to others, but Ive beaten many a person with an SP gun with my 98, i dont see the big deal. Not bad guns, but not godly, as many say.

#7 User is offline   With_Force 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:09 PM

View PostDeath Envoy, on Sep 23 2008, 05:52 PM, said:

Alright, Ive checked quite a few things about both guns lately, and the SP is a nicer marker than a MR series, but I cant say i wouldn't recommend it to someone. My dad recently bought himself and MR1 (I don't live with him, so i don't know much of it yet myself, but what I have seen) and says it preforms great. But you all seem so set on the SP guns....it seems anyone who has ever had an SP gun says its superior to others, but Ive beaten many a person with an SP gun with my 98, i dont see the big deal. Not bad guns, but not godly, as many say.

I don't feel they are godly, at all. And there are nicer guns out there, by any stretch. But you asked for opinions about the SP8 and/or MR marker. I'm not saying that buying an SP8 is going to make you the woodsball king, because the gun is just a tool. The player is gotta be the one to take advantage of his tools to win. Like the classic saying... Guns don't kill people, people kill people (and Chuck Norris kills everyone).

But, seriously. Dude, I've got a couple of very good guns. Karnivor, heavily modified A5, and MR2, two SP8s (as I mentioned earlier), and a few others at my disposal. Between my SP8 and my MR2, I'd pick the SP8 for most situations when it comes to out of the box performance.

I don't feel that SP makes the best guns, I don't think SP is the best company in paintball. They're good and, while some have harsh feelings towards them, I just want a good marker that meets my expectations. I was more impressed with my SP8 out of the box, so... I don't know. It's never the gun, but the player who carries it.

Edit: Taking someone with a higher-end marker out with a lower-end marker is not a matter of the marker, IMHO. It's a sign of a good player. Hence some of the rant.

This post has been edited by With_Force: 23 September 2008 - 04:11 PM

#8 User is offline   Death Envoy 

• PipPip

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:53 PM

View PostWith_Force, on Sep 23 2008, 07:09 PM, said:

I don't feel they are godly, at all. And there are nicer guns out there, by any stretch. But you asked for opinions about the SP8 and/or MR marker. I'm not saying that buying an SP8 is going to make you the woodsball king, because the gun is just a tool. The player is gotta be the one to take advantage of his tools to win. Like the classic saying... Guns don't kill people, people kill people (and Chuck Norris kills everyone).

But, seriously. Dude, I've got a couple of very good guns. Karnivor, heavily modified A5, and MR2, two SP8s (as I mentioned earlier), and a few others at my disposal. Between my SP8 and my MR2, I'd pick the SP8 for most situations when it comes to out of the box performance.

I don't feel that SP makes the best guns, I don't think SP is the best company in paintball. They're good and, while some have harsh feelings towards them, I just want a good marker that meets my expectations. I was more impressed with my SP8 out of the box, so... I don't know. It's never the gun, but the player who carries it.

Very true, and Im not putting SP guns down (my face has been mowed by many an Ion), nor did I say that the SP8 is gonna make you king. Oh well, I recommended him both, and he is seriously considering buying the MR1, due to price and (after he tested one) performance. But I hope to see someone use an SP8 or SP1 someday.

And also, you must have lots of money (or just nothing to spend your money on) to buy things like the Karnivor and a modded A-5. Those can be money pits more so than a 98, which I, personally prefer.

#9 User is offline   With_Force 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:06 AM

View PostDeath Envoy, on Sep 24 2008, 07:53 PM, said:

Very true, and Im not putting SP guns down (my face has been mowed by many an Ion), nor did I say that the SP8 is gonna make you king. Oh well, I recommended him both, and he is seriously considering buying the MR1, due to price and (after he tested one) performance. But I hope to see someone use an SP8 or SP1 someday.

And also, you must have lots of money (or just nothing to spend your money on) to buy things like the Karnivor and a modded A-5. Those can be money pits more so than a 98, which I, personally prefer.

Basically, the point I wanted to convey was that the gun didn't make the difference. There can be some things that one gun does better than another, but in the end it's just what makes them feel comfortable shooting and their level of skill. I don't intend to say I've got skill coming out my ears, but both guns to me feel pretty good.

I work over sixty hours a week. And I find good deals every once in a while. Kinda works out.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users