• You cannot reply to this topic

6-Man Squad Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   magnadoid 

• Shot God
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:59 PM

View Postcommando kyle, on Oct 6 2008, 03:45 PM, said:

For paintball, METT is going to dictate how you will want to move, and deploy your squad. Mission, Enemy, Terrain, Time. Thats basically a simplified version of what we use in the military.

For that reason, limiting yourself into a set formation, or a set role will decrease your ability to react to change. Your troops need to be crosstrained so that they are comfortable in any role at any position in the formation. Now, its not a bad thing to have a guy who rolls out as your pointman most often, because he will be good at it (hopefully). But should he go down, you need someone that is going to fill in.

Every man can have have a specialty, and most likely will, but must be able to perform well outside that as mission dictates. For that reason, if you have a sniper, he had better be ready to work as a designated marksman in a firefight. A normal rifleman should have enough rounds to sustain some cover fire. Your heavies have to be able to run and gun with their full combat load. Your medic is just another trigger puller until someone goes down.

As a commander, its your responsibility to put your people where their strengths work the best, but to train out their weaknesses as best you can, and where you cant, work the other strengths in your squad to cover those weaknesses.

In the end, dont know if this has helped at all, but just try to remember not to limit yourself. If you plan things like this down to the last detail, and always think its going to work out this way, it wont. If you let some things run a little loose, you have room to adapt, and that is the true strength of a squad leader in woodsball.

Normally I would agree with you but that does not work in super specialized squads. My team is looking at moving to a super specialized saboteur/spy team. We have tried to cross specialties with other specialties but it has come to be to hard. For example, Wayne's World of Paintball has a rule that says that if you are in a ghillie you do not need to wear a color arm band that says what team you are on. We are going to use this to move around the field freely (aka we are putting our entire team in ghillies). It is just to difficult to put some of the items that you would use in a squad type like that under a ghillie. But good post :(
You will never see it coming!

if you've ever gotten shot in the crotch, put this in your sig!
blkob on rap4 forums

#32 User is offline   captain ownage 

• GBG, Splat Tag, Hudson WI. St. Croix Minutemen
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cap. andy

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:56 PM

i agree with kyle's post you need to be able to adapt or you will get stuck and get crushed. All my squad members a very rounded but i am assigning them certain roles in the beginning and telling them to fill in as needed. I have a woodsball tourny coming up soon cant wait!
98 custom owner
"The more you sweat during peace...the less you bleed during war"
"Do you know the binary language of moisture evaporators?"--Uncle Owen
If you think paintball snipers don't exist...you obviously haven't been owned by a real sniper.
Team captain of the ST. CROIX MINUTEMEN

#33 User is offline   dfencepb 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Andy Freeman

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:56 AM

I think that 7 sabres (including me) is enough. they can specialize in a certain position, but they all need to be very flexable in order to work at my field.

#34 Guest_b_soukup_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:47 PM

just give me all Sabres. my opinoin is there the greatest unit since they are well rounded and can do just about any task. :P

#35 User is offline   Th3N3wM3ssiah 

• Shock and Awe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Charlie Delta

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:55 AM

My team cosists of 3 daggers, 2 snipers, 11 sabres, and 4 Broadswords that is my over all team but i split them up into 5 teams the teams are as follows:

1st squad:1 dagger, 1 Broadsword, and 3 sabres

2nd squad:1 dagger, 1 Broadsword, and 2 sabres

3rd squad:1 dagger, 1 Broadsword, and 2 Sabres

4th squad:1 Broadsword and 4 Sabres

Recon:2 Ambush

Usally i Leave 4th squad at base to defend since they have no dagger and everyone in that squad have e grips on there guns so usally they keep the enemy away from our base for quite a while and i either stay back and give orders or go up with First squad and push one Sabre over to second squad since i like to double as Commander and Sabre sometimes

If you want it to be real. The marines are looking for a few good men. Go play with them. ~Damifino

#36 User is offline   Saifoda2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Saifoda

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:06 PM

View Postmagnadoid, on Oct 6 2008, 03:59 PM, said:

View Postcommando kyle, on Oct 6 2008, 03:45 PM, said:

For paintball, METT is going to dictate how you will want to move, and deploy your squad. Mission, Enemy, Terrain, Time. Thats basically a simplified version of what we use in the military.

For that reason, limiting yourself into a set formation, or a set role will decrease your ability to react to change. Your troops need to be crosstrained so that they are comfortable in any role at any position in the formation. Now, its not a bad thing to have a guy who rolls out as your pointman most often, because he will be good at it (hopefully). But should he go down, you need someone that is going to fill in.

Every man can have have a specialty, and most likely will, but must be able to perform well outside that as mission dictates. For that reason, if you have a sniper, he had better be ready to work as a designated marksman in a firefight. A normal rifleman should have enough rounds to sustain some cover fire. Your heavies have to be able to run and gun with their full combat load. Your medic is just another trigger puller until someone goes down.

As a commander, its your responsibility to put your people where their strengths work the best, but to train out their weaknesses as best you can, and where you cant, work the other strengths in your squad to cover those weaknesses.

In the end, dont know if this has helped at all, but just try to remember not to limit yourself. If you plan things like this down to the last detail, and always think its going to work out this way, it wont. If you let some things run a little loose, you have room to adapt, and that is the true strength of a squad leader in woodsball.

Normally I would agree with you but that does not work in super specialized squads. My team is looking at moving to a super specialized saboteur/spy team. We have tried to cross specialties with other specialties but it has come to be to hard. For example, Wayne's World of Paintball has a rule that says that if you are in a ghillie you do not need to wear a color arm band that says what team you are on. We are going to use this to move around the field freely (aka we are putting our entire team in ghillies). It is just to difficult to put some of the items that you would use in a squad type like that under a ghillie. But good post :D

Then don't put it under a ghillie -- put it over the ghillie. Ever heard of a ruck sack? Snipers in the Military will usually carry more gear than a regular Infantryman will too.

And, not to knock on your strategy, but if your guys are wearing ghillies and no armbands, then you don't really "hide" (unless you are actually hiding and doing it will, which is hard to do on most fields as you don't have miles of terrain to work with) from your enemies, but present yourselves as targets to both enemies and friendlies. You've just doubled your opponents :-). If the game you're attending has any kind of command structure, I would highly recommend letting the head honcho know about your plans and inform him to advise all friendly elements of who you guys are and not to shoot if they see a group of guys walkin around in ghillies with no armbands.

And I must say, I have never seen a situation that doesn't call for METT. Even yours. You have decided, as the commander of your unit, that your mission is to gather intelligence, and that you will do so in the way you have just said (with the ghillies and no armbands routine). But let me advise you that your REAL mission to win. How do you win? get the points, eliminate the most enemies, etc.... THAT is your real mission.

And no offense, but if I was the general in charge and you came to me with a bunch of guys dressed in ghilles and told me what you planned to do, I would probably ask you to take off the ghillies and play some paintball :-)
Proud to be sponsored by: REDZ, Warpaint International, VPSByte, Action Acres, Dangerous Power
Leaders Lead from the Front

#37 User is offline   W.C.D 

• EndGame
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:EndGame

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:09 AM

I would have Myself, as a broadsword, 2 daggers and 3 sabres. on my team one of the sabres play fairly light, so he has the ability to switch into a dagger if its needed. My supressive fire works well as the daggers could flank
Captain - Shockwave [Canada]
Sponsored by: Save Phace, Northern Reptile, Yeswedoo.com, Pulsars
Shockwave Official Website

#38 User is offline   lildd60 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:lidd60

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:14 PM

7 man squad:

1 squad leader(anything)
1 hammer
2 daggers
2 sabres
1 sniper

This is usally how I divide my squads.
Official sabre #807! WHOOP!
If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

#39 User is offline   Asha Man 

• Some random dude behind you
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Asha Man

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:52 PM

I dont have myself a team of seven, but if I did I would...

have me, being support gunner/commander,not a broadsword or Hammer, just some guy with a lot of paint to use from a very safe distance,

Two daggers, one pointman and one a recon scout guy, but when met with a dug-in enemy can be used to flank,

2 sabres, coz they got it all.

and 2 broadswords who can cover my Buttocks and lay suppressive fire for the lighter squad elements.

Obviously this plan is subject to be changed at any time, but i think it wouldnt be too bad.
although having 2 dudes in a tank would replace my broadswords :panzer: ;)

Proud member of the chicago SaintS BP: 113

#40 User is offline   ociceman123 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ociceman

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:17 AM

well thats ez my friends and i play as 2 snipers and the rest play as they need to this way i have 2 self reliant teams and i can sit back n give orders

#41 User is offline   TheLeftHandofGod 

• If you die we're splitin up your gear
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Left Hand of God

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:05 PM

well the team im on pretty much just has 1 commander, 1 back, and 4 fronts :)

This post has been edited by TheLeftHandofGod: 31 December 2008 - 09:06 PM

Shocker Owner #2
PROTECT THIS HOUSE

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users