Special Ops Paintball: Empire 2009 Grind Pads - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Empire 2009 Grind Pads Because ANS Gear was having a sale...

#1 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:43 AM

So after the failure of the 2011 Sly Pro-Merc pads (Thread Here), I began looking for other pads.
My 2007 Empire Grind pads, even being 4 years old at this point, are still holding strong. The only issue is they tend to slide down when I slide because 1: They are stretched out and 2: They utilize a very small velcro closure.

Then I see ANS Gear is having a sale for Memorial Day! So I check it out, casually browsing, and find the 2009 Empire Grind pads. At their discounted cost ($27.95), I thought to myself, "Self, I should get these. Worst case, they last me a little longer than the Sly pads. Best case, they last me 4 more years like my last Grind pads." So I bought them.

First Impression
They come in a nice bag. That's cool. I guess if you don't have a big gear bag or something then you can carry them in it. Or use it for other stuff. So that's cool. I go to put them on and SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS they're tighter than... nevermind. They're just really tight. Like, cut the circulation off from my foot tight. So hopefully they stretch a bit. They're also big. I feel like I'm wearing Cricket pads (Yes, I know how those feel). They fit under my jeans (I wore them to Taco Bell to break them in), so they aren't massive, but the knee pad is a little large. The big plus for them is that they are one, solid pad. Not like the Sly pads I tore to hell that were made of multiple small pads. So I feel like they will be able to hold up to some abuse, especially with the past performance of their older version. They use a longer/larger velcro strap, so combined with their tightness I feel like they'll stay on when I slide (I slid around in the living room a bit, and they stayed on so that's good).

I'll update when I get to use them. And maybe take pictures and stuff.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users