• You cannot reply to this topic

F-Bomb Review

#1 User is offline   SPADE26 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SPADE26

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:03 PM

Okay I got a few F-Bombs off of Spec-Ops.com today and let me say I was quite impressed. Alhtough I experienced trouble at first with the Little Betty I eventually got around it and took some serious testing.

The Big Boy. The Big BOy, is a huge grenade, 10oz. of paint in one single grenade. It's rather heavy, and will not fit into a pod (if you want to carry one there?) But has the regular loop for attachmetns to a vest or belt, whatever. Although I recomend tying them down a bit, as once the plastic comes iff, some unessacary shking can lead to the fly off of the Rubber band holding it in. When you have your traget lined up simply grab the grenade and prepare to throw. Pop up and toss then get down right away. Wait for the shouts of 'OUT' or unitl you see the enemy walking away, until then only take quick peeks. Once tossed the Big Boy has a remarkable blast radius. Although like ohter paintball grenades shoots a ton to one side and not so much to the other. The farthest splat of paint I recored was some 12 feet. That particular grenade had 3 feet burst on the opposite side as well though. I recommedn some good training before tossing one.

The Little Bettyy's are lighter and more portable, and can fit into a pod (?) But they don't have as much firepower as a Big Boy. first make sure that the BB is in place behind the White End Cap, and THEN take out the white end cap and toss her. I recorded about 7-10 feet on different sides. Still an excellent grenade.

On a Side Note, contrary to many things people are saying my friend also brought over his one year old Squadbuster for us to mess around with as well. We simply shook it for a second or two. Took out the pin and tossed it. We even tossed it UNDERHAND. It landed in a puddle of mud and exploded on impact. Honestly I thought we'd get to chuck it at stuff but it went on the first throw! Amazing for Squadbusters!

But back to the F-Bombs. I give the Big Boy a 10/10 and the little Betty 9/10. I'm an American and therefore LOVE having heavy firepower. The Big Boy gives me that extra punch and the wieght isn't that bad, as well as storing them. But some people may not like them.... As well as the Little Betty's

-SPADE-
OCMI Website Go check it out and read even more of my articles there, as well as reviews by the team on them, this site'll tell you that they actually DO work in real combat!

#2 User is offline   NeoArcher 

• Proud Admin of Clan NeoDawgs
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NeoArcher

Posted 19 August 2005 - 04:03 AM

We simply shook it for a second or two. Took out the pin and tossed it. We even tossed it UNDERHAND. It landed in a puddle of mud and exploded on impact. Honestly I thought we'd get to chuck it at stuff but it went on the first throw! Amazing for Squadbusters!

Hmmm... I'll try that next time. Last one I had, I threw at a tree, and it still didn't go off. Hard, even.

#3 User is offline   Ghost13 

• Ghost
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost13

Posted 19 August 2005 - 03:04 PM

i keep squadbusters around in good supply, its a good grenade as long as you shake it up well, then throw it with a good arch, so that it hits with some good force. good blast radius, visible paint, and small enough to carry a couple on you without gettin weighed down, my next specops order, im ganna try some F-bombs out.

#4 User is offline   tha man 

• Azz clown
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:tha man

Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:29 PM

i got an f-bomb it didnt work that well probly cuz i did it wrong

#5 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PB_Ghost

Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:41 PM

did u pull the rapping off?

if you did

are you sure it was an F-bomb?
Become a Str8balla (#67)
Member #11 of invisible text club!
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#6 User is offline   SPADE26 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPADE26

Posted 20 August 2005 - 04:23 PM

The Big Boys and Little Betty's are both Classified as F-Bombs, but the TRUE F-Bomb is the Big Boy, and these things are SWEET!

-SPADE-
OCMI Website Go check it out and read even more of my articles there, as well as reviews by the team on them, this site'll tell you that they actually DO work in real combat!

#7 User is offline   Snagletooth 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Big Papa Pink

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:40 PM

I was real excited to try out the Big Boy … Was being the key word. We wanted to see how large the “blast radius” was so we had a group of 6 guys (all with protection) that wanted to get “hit” by a grenade placed at 5 to 10 foot increments. I unwrapped the grenade … gave it a good toss and pow … Nothing. It popped like a water balloon sending paint a whole 1.5 to two feet! I think after we stood there for a couple of minutes someone commented “wow, that sucked!” I agree. I’m glad it was a Brigade Freebie … can’t say whether or not I will buy some in the future.
Domination Through Saturation

#8 User is offline   ANDYMAN 

• Death Before Dishonor
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ANDYMAN

Posted 30 August 2005 - 03:17 PM

On Saturday, I tried 2 pod rockets. They both exploded on me the second I pulled the pin. They don't work for me. I heard you can get a refund or a new 'nade if they don't work. Is that true?\

Member #16 of the Invisi-Text Club

#9 User is offline   TheECP 

• Less QQ more Pew Pew
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2006 - 09:44 AM

I haven't used pod rockets but if they work like the Big boys (or F-Bombs) Then you aren't supposed to pull the pin, lol. You're just supposed to chuck it :laugh:
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'........and I'll look down, and whisper 'No.'" -Rorschach

#10 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE MENACE

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:47 PM

lol, yeah. i almost did that, but my friend saved my! :ghillie:

when i threw mine, though, it just went like a musterd bottle squirting everywhere. i took the plastic off. did i mess up?

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!
feedback (+26/-0)---Team Chaotic Paintball is recruiting!!!---Team Chaotic Paintball.com---IMPORTANT INFO

#11 User is offline   xTankHunterx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:50 PM

F-bombs are "ATOMIC ORDNANCE" Bigboys
They are by far the BEST paintball grenades anywhere
They are available on alot of sites but BEWARE of fakes ie; DEATH BLOSSOM these are NOT the same as Bigboys or fbombs insist on ATOMIC ORDNANCE Big boys or F-Bombs

This post has been edited by xTankHunterx: 27 February 2007 - 08:28 PM

#12 User is offline   woodsballrules 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gandalfmight

Posted 06 December 2006 - 04:16 PM

I got mine for free with an order, havent used it yet but it looks like it could do some serious damage. Dont forget, you can refill them later if ya want to.

#13 User is offline   Bill 

• There's a new General in town~
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2006 - 04:31 PM

refilling them would not be the way to go. 1st u'd have to buy liquid paint, and a kit to refill them... and after u've gone through, refinding ur nade tube and all that, u still have no way to rewrap it, so it doesnt seem effective.
They are on Ebay cheap, and i have not seen them cheaper then UGP where they are 5.20 a piece.
Atomic Ordnance also has nice deals on big team size packages at www.atomicordnance.com
Hashido X, NJ Commander
Proudly Sponsored by: JassePaintball, LVPSouth
Skirmish PTW-07 Axis General- Victor
Skirmish BFB-07 German General/ Best Opponent vs Russians award

LVPSouth- 07 Halo3 UNSC General
Skirmish-BioW 08 Village XO- Victor
Skirmish Planet X7- Human General "Join the humans now!"

#14 User is offline   woodsballrules 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gandalfmight

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:51 AM

Man that stunk. I unwraped mine and threw it. All it did was send a few drops out....then the rest slowly came out of the tube like it was stale. Squadbusters worked better for me than this. Any ideas why it stunk?

#15 User is offline   stealthghost 

• Greek Fire Commander
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:stealthghost

Posted 16 December 2006 - 03:38 PM

By far big boys are the best out of the 3 I've thrown 2 went of and I got a person with each. The other one I just tossed it into a pile of leaves and it didn't go off but I'ld say they are still they best. If you go to www.fatboypaintball.com you can get 20 for a total of $90 and that includes shipping! That's only $4.50 ea!
IPB Image

IPB Image

"Sports don't build character. They reveal it." - Heywood Hale Broun

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users