Special Ops Paintball: Mission Masters Discussion Thread - Special Ops Paintball

• (44 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mission Masters Discussion Thread For all topics not related to MM scenario games Rate Topic: -----

#361 User is offline   DeadEye93 

• Total Resistance Paintball
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:DEADEYE93

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:17 PM

jason have you shot the g3 at all?
im thinking about picking one up.
Total Resistance Scenario Paintball. Sponsored by Mission Masters.
http://www.trpb.net http://www.missionmasters.com
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, or that you didnt get the girl... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it.

46% of teens engage in pre-marital sex. 89% drink before the age of 21. Put this in ur sig if you think that pandas are the chillest animal alive.

#362 User is offline   Cuda 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cuda

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:28 PM

View PostDrothghight, on Nov 23 2008, 01:28 PM, said:

I won't be there. My wife has taken "my boys" to the taxidermist to be stuffed and mounted. There's a spot being reserved over our fireplace for them as we speak. LOL

Don't worry... We're confiscating his Man Card and any associated credentials that remain. See ya at TRP tomorrow to run some turkeys!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Dean "CUDA" Allen, Mission Masters Event Producer
www.missionmasters.com

Don't count days - Make days count.

#363 User is offline   twisted ion 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:58 PM

What is new in the off season?

Posted Image
Posted Image
www.dmeyerspb.com

#364 User is offline   Drothghight 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:24 PM

My G3 should be here tomorrow or Thursday. Can't wait!
B.T. "Hollywood" Robertson
Mission Masters Design Mercenary and Scribe
Posted Image

#365 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:14 PM

Broke. Probably won't be playing until next spring when the season starts up again. Maybe I'll have my project done by then. Hehe.

#366 User is offline   SN toter 

• Yes, I had a Super Nova
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SN TOTER

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:46 AM

View PostDeadEye93, on Nov 26 2008, 07:17 PM, said:

jason have you shot the g3 at all?
im thinking about picking one up.

yep...

My short G3 review...

Packing - Once I opened the shipping box I pulled out a nicely packaged small box. The box is well designed with trendy graphics and a slick finish. Upon opening it, I was greeted by the G3 itself, sitting snugly in molded foam. I removed the marker and found another layer of foam below hiding the user manual, barrel sock, warranty card, an allen key set, and a complete set of orings. The user manual is informative, but not very practical. It's not a traditional book, but a multifold poster. One one side is a slick poster of the G3 and it's specs, and on the other is a breakdown of the marker, operating instructions, and a troubleshooting guide. The poster is sweet, but if you hang it up that's going to make it difficult to refer to if you need access to the instruction manual.

First Impressions - I chose brown and black for the color of my G3. It's a dust finish and the annodizing is flawless. The finish of the body is excellent and there are only very, very light mill marks under the anodizing. Now onto weight...I expected it to be light but not that light. Very impressive, it reminds me in feel of my SLG, except I think it's actually lighter and a little shorter than my SLG was. I was also pleasantly suprised to find the marker wasn't shipped from the factory dry, it was already lubed and the internal aluminum parts were finished with no alumninum burrs or shavings that you can find in some lower cost new-in-box markers. Also the stock features like clamping feedneck and flip on/off ASA are VERY nice.

In game performance - I spend a full day of play at Three Rivers Paintball with my G3 the day after Thanksgiving for their annual Turkey Bowl Paintball game. It was 39 degrees with a fair amount of humidity. I ran a Ricochet Apache hopper, an Angel Sports Barrel kit with a .693 back, and a 48ci 3k Pure Energy preset HPA tank(850psi preset).

After installing the 9volt barrery I applied the included barrel sock, aired the marker up with a simple flip of the asa lever(which is GREAT!), and turned it on. The DP reg was closed so I went over to the Chrono station and gave it some pressure. First let me say I was VERY impressed with how well balanced the G3 is with an HPA tank and a full hopper. It is very maneuverable and comfortable. Over the chrono straight out ot the box it chronoed 278, 268, 270. So we were about +-5fps out of the box - pretty good, and it should get tighter as the seals and reg break in. The marker has a very slight amount of kick and cycles very smoothly. The stock trigger is a little heavy for what I like but very smooth and is completely and easily adjustable.

I realized pretty quick that the marker was shipped with a ramping mode enabled so I removed the grip panel and flipped the dipswitches in accordance with the manual for capped semi and I was good to go. It is extremely easy to change modes with the G3. You turn the marker on and off as well as disabling the eyes with the thumbad on the back of the gripframe. It's a very convenient feature and you have to press it pretty hard to register, which is nice so you don't accidentally diable your eyes or turn off your marker in the middle of a game. The actual firing modes are changes with a simple dipswitch plate inside the gripframe.

Actual in game play was fantastic from start to finish. I had no ball breaks in the G3(just one in the hopper one game). Shot to shot was fantastic, and it shot equally accurate with no shootdown for single shot longballs, several shot bursts, and all out ropes of paint. I did notice FSDO once after the marker sat aired up for about 45 minutes - it could have been the paint but I don't think so. I didn't see it any other time though.

Efficiency - I am very satisfied with the efficiency I was getting with the G3. After one hopper and 3 pods I was just under 1000psi. Bear in mind I was using a small 48 ci tank that was filled to 3k. I also expect it to get even a little bit better after it's done breaking in.

Customer Support - Top knotch. You need anything or have a problem. Call them, it'll get resolved asap in a very efficient and professional manner.

Closing thoughts - The G3 is one of the smallest, lightest markers you can get your hands on. It may have dethroned the SLG as my favorite electro marker. The lines are clean and it's a very slick looker. Performance and stock features are what I'd expect from a marker costing twice as much and it's hella efficient. Buy one. Now. imo.
Posted Image

#367 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:56 AM

Any update on the AVP or RE article? :)

#368 User is offline   Drothghight 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:21 PM

View PostEnhander, on Dec 3 2008, 12:56 PM, said:

Any update on the AVP or RE article? :dodgy:

AVP will be published, just not sure when. Hoping for a 2008 issue. We just submitted the pictures to Jungle for RE last night per the request of the editor, so cross your fingers and hope he likes them. With Jungle, it's pictures first, article second - they actually pay more for the pictures than the article (bunch of crap if you ask me), so no matter how great my articles may be, if the pictures aren't awesome, no dice. :) We're confident they will take RE like they have our other articles.

And did you guys see that PB2X is going under? ;) No wonder Eragon got dropped. They don't pay and don't communicate, the signs of a dying company. It's a shame, but I'm sure it was expected.
Posted Image

#369 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:29 PM

i really hope PB2X gets bought and is able to stick around, I have always loved their magazine.
Posted Image

#370 User is offline   SN toter 

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:44 PM

View PostShadowlord, on Dec 3 2008, 01:29 PM, said:

i really hope PB2X gets bought and is able to stick around, I have always loved their magazine.

ditto, they have the most quality material than the other mags. Jungle is def prettier though.
Posted Image

#371 User is offline   Drothghight 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:38 AM

PB2X mainly focused on speedball, Jungle is scenario ball (the main Face-full magazine is FAR better than PB2X in my opinion), so it's two different focuses and formats. To each their own.

On to more important matters - my G3 arrived first thing this morning at my house! W00t!!! I can only review the box and the gun from a non-functional standpoint. I will say that it's everything you've already read about over and over - weighs less than my left ear lobe, the box is sexy, the manual (sorry Jason) is just out of sight for not only the quality, but the full color layout and ease of use (manuals suck 99% of the time - this one doesn't), and the parts you get include the tools, o-rings, and even the air line to connect the reg to the ASA (I've never owned a marker that came with the air line).

The gun itself comes with parts that you have to purchase on many other markers OUT OF THE BOX! My '05 Shocker, for example, came with a feedneck that literally had to be tossed the second you removed it from the box. The bolt and board had to be upgraded to get any efficiency and modes to speak of, etc. Not the G3...

It comes with a clamping feedneck that fits the Dye Rotor (yep, getting this too...it's THE definitive electronic hopper and engineering marvel - it's the G3 of hoppers) perfectly (and any other hopper), the on/off "flip bar" ASA is just sweet, and the milling is superb. The marker is almost too small, seriously. I'm used to my 14 pound bowling ball of a setup (Shocker...Empire Reloader B with six AA batteries...PMI tank), but my new G3, Dye Rotor, Crossfire low pressure tank setup will weigh less than 7 pounds filled with air and paint...a 50% reduction in weight.

So I haven't shot it because I don't yet own the Dye Rotor and the Crossfire tank, but in the next few weeks I'll secure those parts, gas up, and hit the field to test. I'll try to get video, too.

This post has been edited by Drothghight: 04 December 2008 - 08:38 AM

Posted Image

#372 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:00 AM

View PostDrothghight, on Dec 4 2008, 10:38 AM, said:

(manuals suck 99% of the time - this one doesn't), and the parts you get include the tools, o-rings, and even the air line to connect the reg to the ASA (I've never owned a marker that came with the air line).

The gun itself comes with parts that you have to purchase on many other markers OUT OF THE BOX! My '05 Shocker, for example, came with a feedneck that literally had to be tossed the second you removed it from the box. The bolt and board had to be upgraded to get any efficiency and modes to speak of, etc. Not the G3...

You are too used to the Smart Parts crap. Sell a marker for what the other guys charge, but make all the stock parts suck so you have to upgrade to get the most out of it. Either you buy the upgrades from Smart Parts or you buy third party products, which Smart Parts probably gets royalties from. Either way, Smart Parts profits.

DP on the other hand, actually cares about the customers. And I've heard their customer service is the best in the industry.

#373 User is offline   Drothghight 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:07 PM

Well, I wouldn't say that I'm too used to it - the Shocker was my first and only SP purchase and I didn't know you fine folks prior to that. And many, many, MANY players carried SP products, and still do. The good thing is that DP and other companies are wisely changing their model by providing a stand-up product that can only spell disaster for SP if they don't conform. DP said, "We're changing the landscape of paintball in order to grab market share." That's the beauty of Capitalism - competition. Make something better, cheaper, provide better customer service and a caring attitude toward your demographic - bingo, they replace the competition as the leader.

But then, what if DP becomes the leader and turns into SP? :) Maybe they won't, but maybe they will. It's not like SP just turned into a giant lawsuit machine overnight. :laugh:

I quote Obadiah Stane from Ironman: "Do you think that just because you have an idea that it belongs to you?" ;)
Posted Image

#374 User is offline   SN toter 

• PipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:16 PM

View PostDrothghight, on Dec 4 2008, 12:07 PM, said:

Maybe they won't, but maybe they will. It's not like SP just turned into a giant lawsuit machine overnight. :(

I quote Obadiah Stane from Ironman: "Do you think that just because you have an idea that it belongs to you?" :D

They won't. SP has been shady since the old days when they swiped the Shocker from Pnueventures(PVI). And they've always used cheap aluminum too...stupid velveeta metal...

the manual (sorry Jason) is just out of sight for not only the quality, but the full color layout and ease of use (manuals suck 99% of the time - this one doesn't),

You don't have to 'sorry me' ;) I like the design, like I said it's a sweet poster, but not practical. If I wanna hang the poster that's kinda inconvenient to take down and pack it for the field, then hang it back up later. You're right though, most manuals are TERRIBLE and uninformative. The only one I've ever seen tahts as helpful as the DP one is the one that came with my Proto SLG.

BTW, I'll be taking mine to AAPP next friday if you wanna go ;)

This post has been edited by SN toter: 04 December 2008 - 02:18 PM

Posted Image

#375 User is offline   Drothghight 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:42 PM

I didn't buy my hopper or my new Crossfire tank yet, so I don't know if I'll actually have the gear by then. I'm trying to figure out how to get a hold of it sooner rather than later, then be able to break it in somewhat. My PMI tank is still at the house and my Empire hopper is still sort of functional, but with a brand new gun I'd like to have a lighter hopper and a better regulated tank so as to not stress the G3's regulator too much.

And TechPB.com is just crazy. I talked to A-Train today from Zyklon-B and talked about tanks and tank technology at length. Mike from TechPB.com stated that unless you own an Angel marker, go with a high pressure tank. LOL From what I understand now, that's totally false. ALL low pressure markers can benefit greatly from running low pressure tanks and there are many benefits to doing so. Either way, hopefully I'll be able to get a hold of the gear I need to round out the package sometime soon. If I can sell my Tippmann package on eBay within the next three and a half days, I'll have the money easily to fund the rest. Wish me luck.

And J, the manual for the G3 isn't meant to be a poster, I don't think. Not only is it folded many times, making it unsightly for a poster, the image contains a lot of added information that lends itself more to a "cover" more than a poster. I would never hang that up on my wall, but that's me.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (44 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users