• You cannot reply to this topic

OPSGEAR Molle podpack

#1 User is offline   Slivers 

• The charred ghost of Slivers
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Slivers

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:19 PM

Basic review of the Opsgear MOLLE podpack.

This is a one-pod pack, integrated MOLLE. I purchased the "Woodland Digital", which is as indistinguishable from MARPAT as possible (apparently) without violating copyright stuff. It looks fine next to my issue MARPAT BDUs. In fact, I've seen what looks like the same material on USMC issue mini-bags for little gear, toothpaste or whatever. No complaints from me.

I purchased two of these to go on my offbrand camelbak pack, which I'm also using as an air carrier on remote, so I wanted to go MOLLE. Nice setup, but I needed a pouch that was Q-pod capable. I'm happy to report that this pouch fits it nicely. Apparently, it fits the Dye 180 round pods too. This pouch should fit any pod on the market of any size, but it's marketed for the standard 140 rounders.

The interior is a similar material to the Spec-Ops pot pouches. Very slippery and tough. It has a velcro closure as well as a small buckle. I'm not 100% happy with the buckle, it seems a bit fragile. Some might remove the velcro because it makes noise opening (not more than usual). I prefer it over the buckle, unfortunately it just doesn't reach enough for the Qpod. Buckle is the only way for me, short of modding it (like that's never happened :D ).

Overall, quality is very high. The MOLLE webbing is up to expectations, quite tight in standard webbing. Stitching is good to go. Fabric looks more than tough enough to survive the most extreme torture paintball would demand of it, but not the ultra-heavy cordua that's too thick a weave to clean easily. Nice choice of fabrics.

Construction 4/5
Design 4/5
Functionality 4/5
Looks 5/5
Price ($15) 5/5

SCORE: 22/25 = 88%

I definitely recommend this pod. Might be a little small for some people. It's great on a MOLLE vest as an addon or for guys who run light. Sweet scenario accessory.
Posted Image
Flying straight above the steady stream of stars.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users