• You cannot reply to this topic

What I Used for warp feed hose found at Lowes Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Quickened 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Michael M. AkA Quickened

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:00 AM

Ok so I got this Tippmann 98C with a Warpfeed but no hose...also no connector from the warpfeed to the hose, so I went in search of all things possible, I found this flexible blue conduit 3/4" its very stiff which I think is nice for the protection of the paint aspect, the blue is like smurf blue, needs to be painted. for the connection from the warp to the hose I cut a 2" piece of 1/2 aluminum conduit...the stuff called emt may work in 3/4 but the 1/2" is too small. I had to drill out the 1/2" alluminum with a 11/16" drill bit a little larger wouldn't hurt though, and then wrapped a few times with tape for a tight fit, I then put a 45 degree feed elbow on it which the flexible conduit very snuggly fits. the other end I split and clamped onto the feed neck. done!!! and it worked great!!! went out and shot about 40 roounds and it is pretty sweet. I had one swollen ball stick at the conduit, thats why I think alittle larger 3/4-7/8" or so might work even better.
Better-B-Ready or not here I come...

#2 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:21 AM

Pictures? Sounds interesting.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#3 User is offline   CapnStank 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CapnStank

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:50 AM

Yes, pictures are a definite must, especially if you still have the smurf blue on there.

Also, big thumbs up for you for being handy... you probably saved a tonne of money doing that instead of seeking parts for a warp feed... I often find that stuff marketed for paintball is always marked up 20% or more than a non-paintball equivalent item.
"Watch out for the guy with the pump, they tend to hit their target."
My BST Feedback: +3/0

#4 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:40 PM

Aaaah. Not smurf tube. Smurfing smurf tube. It is a toss up between which one I hate the most between smurf tube and clay.

Seriously though good thinking on using the ENT (Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing). Although I probably would have tried to adapt an ENT connector, or possibly an ENT coupler.

#5 User is offline   Quickened 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:12 AM

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on Mar 23 2010, 12:40 PM, said:

Aaaah. Not smurf tube. Smurfing smurf tube. It is a toss up between which one I hate the most between smurf tube and clay.

Seriously though good thinking on using the ENT (Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing). Although I probably would have tried to adapt an ENT connector, or possibly an ENT coupler.

I tried the ENT fittings, everything there needed more work to make it fit the warp feed, So yeah I tried...

Hey i'll also try to post some pics tonight and its still smurf blue lol

#6 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:33 AM

Ah. That is good to know about the fittings.

Since you are using the smurf tube for your warp feed hose, I would be very careful about playing in colder temperatures. That stuff can be rather brittle if it gets cold enough. A good rule of thumb is plastics become very brittle around 32 degrees. Of course it could be a higher temp with the impact of a .68 cal ball of paint taken into account.

#7 User is offline   Quickened 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:11 AM

Alrighty, here it is, smurf blue and all, It looks a little cumbersome but other than being a little on the heavy side, its quite comfortable.

Attached File  SANY0399.JPG (476.25K)
Number of downloads: 6

Attached File  SANY0398.JPG (398.18K)
Number of downloads: 1

Attached File  SANY0396.JPG (338.23K)
Number of downloads: 2

Attached File  SANY0397.JPG (324.85K)

Attached File  SANY0402.JPG (359.7K)

#8 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:44 AM

Not a Warp feed but QLoader:

Due to the tight angles I was using I found that I would get kinks in the standard hose, and replaced with pond water pump hose.
This hose does not have internal ridges which are found on the standard hoses used.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Quickened 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:52 AM

View PostTommikka, on Mar 25 2010, 11:44 AM, said:

Due to the tight angles I was using I found that I would get kinks in the standard hose, and replaced with pond water pump hose.
This hose does not have internal ridges which are found on the standard hoses used.

so where did ya pick that hose up at? looks good too, not smurf blue lol
I tried the blue stuff on my Qloaded spyder but it wouldn't fit the qloader fittings.

Attached File  Qloaded_Spyder_003.jpg (47.15K)

#10 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:57 PM

View PostQuickened, on Mar 25 2010, 06:52 PM, said:

View PostTommikka, on Mar 25 2010, 11:44 AM, said:

so where did ya pick that hose up at? looks good too, not smurf blue lol
I tried the blue stuff on my Qloaded spyder but it wouldn't fit the qloader fittings.

I looked everywhere for something suitable until I went to buy petfood at my local pet / aquatic / garden centre - Porton garden centre, but it's here in the UK.

I expect you need a bigger shop than the average pet shop.

#11 User is offline   Quickened 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:50 PM

thats cool I'll have to keep my eyes open around here for that stuff, figures it'd be in the UK lol

#12 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:58 AM

Another possible alternative would be non-metallic liquid tight conduit. Trade name is seal tight, but be careful when asking for seal tight. You want to specify the non-metallic, otherwise you will end up with the stuff that is basically PVC coated flex (flexible metallic conduit).

If you can't find it at Lowe's, Home Depot, or you local hardware store you will have to go to a contractor supply house. Kendall Electric is a good place to go if you have one near you. The only have 42 locations spread out among 5 states though. You can also do a google search to find a supplier near you.

#13 User is offline   Quickened 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:26 AM

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on Mar 26 2010, 08:58 AM, said:

Another possible alternative would be non-metallic liquid tight conduit. Trade name is seal tight, but be careful when asking for seal tight. You want to specify the non-metallic, otherwise you will end up with the stuff that is basically PVC coated flex (flexible metallic conduit).

If you can't find it at Lowe's, Home Depot, or you local hardware store you will have to go to a contractor supply house. Kendall Electric is a good place to go if you have one near you. The only have 42 locations spread out among 5 states though. You can also do a google search to find a supplier near you.

again not without some reworking of the wall thickness the sealtight 's wall is too thick. Sounds like you work in the electrical field too? lol

#14 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:47 AM

I was an unindentured (below first year) apprentice with an electrical contractor for about 6 months. They had to let me go because of union rules, but they were able to keep me on as a truck driver for a while. Unfortunately the economy got tough and they had to send me on a 4 month vacation. Afterward they brought me back on for about 7 months. Once again times got tough and I got laid off.

Since conduit isn't going to work, how about garden hose? Of course you might be able to find that pond water pump hose at a home improvement store this time of year. You could also go to a landscape supply company and find it.

#15 User is offline   Quickened 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on Mar 26 2010, 11:47 AM, said:

I was an unindentured (below first year) apprentice with an electrical contractor for about 6 months. They had to let me go because of union rules, but they were able to keep me on as a truck driver for a while. Unfortunately the economy got tough and they had to send me on a 4 month vacation. Afterward they brought me back on for about 7 months. Once again times got tough and I got laid off.

Since conduit isn't going to work, how about garden hose? Of course you might be able to find that pond water pump hose at a home improvement store this time of year. You could also go to a landscape supply company and find it.

Sorry to hear bout the lay offs...I'm a licensed electrician, residential, but the building slowed so I went to work about three years ago managing maintenance for a Company nearby, turned out to be a good move thus far!

as for the tubing,i may try the landscaping shops and such, I'm always looking for other options but for the time being I'm gonna run it like it is, I painted the blue hose so now its not screaming, "here I am!"

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users