Special Ops Paintball: Tiberius 8 vs. Tippmann's new TPX - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tiberius 8 vs. Tippmann's new TPX sidearm dilema Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:16 PM

View Postmotherboard1, on Jun 14 2009, 07:00 AM, said:

(1) 12-gram in the mag makes the grip overly bulky.

In the grip is where I would want the weight to be. The balance is perfect.

With the TPX all the internals are in the back of the gun. The CO2 being in the front evens it out perfectly.

(2) 12-gram in the mag also makes the mags overly complex and
therefore more expensive.

Price of progress for those who want it that way (I for one). I would not say
the mags are overly complex, but they do need to be metal to house the C02.

Which adds more weight and makes it more expensive. Having multiple magazines is cool, but with the Tac 8 it's just not practical because of price.

(3) Pistol is capable of shooting 3 times as many shots as the mag
holds.

The 12 gram is capable of shooting 3 times as many shots as the mag holds.
Same for TPX. Thats just a simple observation on 12 grams you've made there,
standard across the board. That cant be used as a drawback to the Tiberius 8.
With the TPX however you are required to change the C02 after three mags, and
as a separate operation.

With the Tiberius you are required to change the CO2 after you use that mag 3 times. Then you get stuck changing multiple CO2 cartridges all at once. On the field that is a way bigger deal than having to change it as a separate operation.

(4) Mag is slow and difficult to reload in the field.

I agree on this one (C02). But for those who have not used either pistol I'll
point out that the "paint loading" is the same on both pistols.

With the TPX you don't have to reload magazines on the field as often because they are cheaper, so you can afford more of them.

(5) You must have an allen wrench to change the CO2 cartridge,
putting you in the position of either violating game rules by having tools on
the field or having to buy more mags.

4 and 5 are essentially the same problem, the need of an allen wrench to
change the 12gram. So of course I agree. But its alright for me. I only change
C02 in between games.

The Thing about the grip angle is nonsense IMO and I ain't feeling the trigger
thing either.

I think what it all comes down to, is where you stand on reloading 12grams
during games. With the TPX you have to reload 12grams often, with the Tiberius
8 you dont, but its more difficult if you have to.

The Tiberius better fills the role of a pistol in CQC. The need to change
12grams is a serious liability in a tactical situation.

No it's not, it takes about as long as it does to reload on the TPX. Can you say that about the Tac 8?

What every first time TPX user is quickly going to realize, is that
if its used as a primary, you don't always get to shoot off "3" mags before
needing a C02 change, what if you've already shot 1 or 2 mags before getting
into the thick of it?

Well you do get to shoot off 3 mags before changing the cartridge, you just might shoot them at different times. And again, it takes about as long as it does to reload.

If the Tiberius 8 is such a horrible bad design as you put it warden wolf, why
is it that so many love it? Iv long considered it a marvel, logistically sound
and practical. Iv used mine regularly for a year now and I still look forward
to using it every Sunday. I'll be using it today.

Bottom line, "both" pistols are great for different roles. Tactically, the
Tiberius wins hands down.

No it doesn't, they both have their pro's and con's. Both are good pistols. But IMO the TPX win's.

If your doing a scenario and you need to do more shooting than is practical
with a T8, than the TPX is your marker. TPX is also cheaper and equal in a
pure sidearm role.

Also, this is paintball. It's not the military. We aren't in "tactical" situations.

#17 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:11 PM

tactical : of or relating to combat tactics: as a (1): of or occurring at the battlefront <a tactical defense> <a tactical first strike> (2): using or being weapons or forces employed at the battlefront <tactical missiles> bof an air force : of, relating to, or designed for air attack in close support of friendly ground forces
2 a: of or relating to tactics: as (1): of or relating to small-scale actions serving a larger purpose (2): made or carried out with only a limited or immediate end in view b: adroit in planning or maneuvering to accomplish a purpose
technicaly you could consider paintball a tactical situationdue to the fact that tactics are in use....

but thats besides the point. TPX seems superior to me. lighter. cheaper. tippmann.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#18 User is offline   Mr.Flint 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:57 PM

Held and shot the TPX, sticking with my T8.

Reasons:
1) Balance - the T8 has a proper pistol balance, with the weight center being in the grip, while the TPX is barrel heavy, and as such not very natural for aiming...
2) Materials, the composite looks and feels cheap, while the mags look overpriced - friends who used the TPX complained about the mags brittleness... TPX mags cost only a half of a T8 mag, yet breaks very easily.
3) Size, the TPX is bigger than the T8, and the grip, while thinner than the t8, is bigger...
4) Efficiency - polished T8 can give 30-45 shots per mag, im yet to see a TPX shooting more that 24 balls per cartdrige.
5) Under barrel co2? again? you gotta be kidding me....
6) Apparently the TPX very picky on paint, demands upper medium grade paint, if not even high grade... Shot the TPX with Spectrum, all breaks, the same paint with the T8 - not a single break.
7) Why everyone claims the TPX to be lighter? Ive held the TPX and a UMS T8 (yes all tricked out) both loaded, and i saw no weight difference whatsoever.

Sure it will have its own adherents (especially brand fanatics) yet i dont see it as a replacement or even a contender to the T8, and the price doesnt help either...

But i feel rather disappointed (though not surprised) that Tippmann opted for reintroducing the obsolete under barrel co2 concept (something that ive never liked) instead of developing a new concept altogether...

This post has been edited by Mr.Flint: 19 June 2009 - 07:02 PM

#19 User is offline   EthanB08 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ETHANB

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:39 PM

View PostMr.Flint, on Jun 19 2009, 07:57 PM, said:

1) Balance - the T8 has a proper pistol balance, with the weight center being in the grip, while the TPX is barrel heavy, and as such not very natural for aiming...
3) Size, the TPX is bigger than the T8, and the grip, while thinner than the t8, is bigger...
5) Under barrel co2? again? you gotta be kidding me....
6) Apparently the TPX very picky on paint, demands upper medium grade paint, if not even high grade... Shot the TPX with Spectrum, all breaks, the same paint with the T8 - not a single break.

1. Well the T8 may be better for drawing and aiming easily and more naturally, but running with it in your holster and you will have it wag a bit, which is fine but sometimes awkward and uncomfortable. The TPX will wag less considering the change of weight distribution, is this an big deal while running, depends on the person, what about being nose heavy? I would say subjective to the person also, personally I would like nose heavey as opposed to tail heavy, but the Tiberius is not awfully tail heavy (except in holster).

3. As the TPX says on the box "Ergonomically Designed Grip" (im holding the pistol now actually) not "The TPX has a way smaller grip than a Tiberius", and ergonomics generally means the science of equipment designed for use by people efficently and properly. Having an ergonomically designed grip would mean having a grip that is designed to fit better to the human hand, once again this is also subjective, one may have huge hands (myself) and they may prefer something fat and chunky like a Tiberius. Or others may like something not as fat and better fitting in thickness to their hand.

5. Well the bonus of under the barrel CO2 is you will only have to deal with one 12 gram at a time, where as in the Tiberius it depends on how many clips you have loaded, 12 grams are expensive, Crosman 12g's in a 40 pack costs $22.90 from a random online website in google shopping, divide this by the number of 12gs and you get $0.57 a 12g. now just for reference a 20oz tank has about 567 grams in it, a 20oz is $5 to fill (locally) and is reusable. The equivelent of 12grams is 47 12g with a total price of $26.79 (using crosman 12g online price) this is 21.79 more than a 20oz tank. All in all 12 grams are expensive, (*but dont forget you save money using less paint!!!!). In the TPX with 2 clips you deal with 1 12 gram at a time, if you gun screws up take it out and only one 12g is wasted about $0.57 depending one how many shots you took. In the T8 with 2 clips you deal with 2 12grams at a time, if you gun screws up you take both out and waste $1.14, or leave them in and leave the stress of 300psi on your mags valves until you fix your gun? Well supposing this causes the mags to wear away earlyer this could lead to a $40 replacement in the future. Now suppose you play 9 full saturdays of summer you may get a bad chop in both guns once each day (they are both paint picky so its bound to happen...) 9x $0.57 = $5.13 wasted by a TPX chop, and 9 x $1.14 = $10.26 wasted in by Tiberius chop. Not to mention other marker failures and the small amount of CO2 released in T8 mag changes being wasted (1-2 shots) and the leftovers of the CO2 that cant produce enough force for usefull shots. Anyways for conventional markers thats one 20oz fill for the tpx waste and two 20oz fills for the t8 waste, which is 1000 shots and 2000 shots respectively. My friend last week ended up wasting a few 12grams in his T8 as it had some problems, and it needed to be repaired, also the week before he had a chop and wasted some left over CO2. Although this may not be a huge deal for 2 months it will add up. The more you use it (at home just practice shooting, more chops, other marker failures.) the more you may waste. But if you can afford a T8 or TPX you have the money to cover these...lol

6. Apparently the T8 is also paint picky too... Each pistol is picky and what works for a T8 may not work for a TPX and what may work for a TPX may not work for a T8, which paint is the cheapest and works the best for each? Well I dont know and I dont think anyone has used tons of different paint with their TPX's, and it is unknown which pistol will be cheaper by use of paint prices until people have experienced other paints in each pistol. as for the comment "Shot the TPX with Spectrum, all breaks, the same paint with the T8 - not a single break." its like saying "I shot first strike through my FS T8 and it worked wonderfully, but for some odd reason it wouldnt feed properly in my TPX" as earlyer stated paintball markers are subjective to paint.

An additional comment unrelated to yours, the TPX will take a remote line (when they release the remote adapter) and it hooks up in the back of the marker and in no way effects the use of clips, so you can have tons of clips to use if you use a remote line (you can use a 20oz if you wanted and not even fuss with the prices of 12grams), as for the T8 you are limited to using one mag with the remote line option (Unless you can slide check disconnect and reconnect to another loaded and remote ready mag quickly and efficently...hehe.).

Dont get me wrong, the T8 is a great pistol (I have shot both the TPX and T8, my best friend owns T8, my brother owns TPX). It is a blast to shoot the T8 but it is also a blast to shoot a TPX. Im simply putting for some objections to you reasoning just so that more points of view are shown.

Personally I have just ordered a T9 so I will be able to do some more research with the T9 in pistol format (practically a T8) and compare it to my brothers TPX. My plan however is if my bros TPX is good then I will get a TPX also and I will use the T9 as a primary and the TPX as a backup and get tons of mags so I always have paint ready come the inabilitly to use the T9 for some reason. That way I will only have to worry about quick 12 grams changes on a TPX but will have an abundance of preloaded mags in the heat of the action, rather than change the CO2 and refill mags during the same "firefight". It would also be cheaper for me to have an abundance of TPX mags than Tiberius mags...
Spetsnaz, When the only way to kill a terrorist is by a backflipping hatchet attack.

#20 User is offline   Mr.Flint 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:08 PM

View PostEthanB08, on Jun 19 2009, 11:39 PM, said:

1. Well the T8 may be better for drawing and aiming easily and more naturally, but running with it in your holster and you will have it wag a bit, which is fine but sometimes awkward and uncomfortable. The TPX will wag less considering the change of weight distribution, is this an big deal while running, depends on the person, what about being nose heavy? I would say subjective to the person also, personally I would like nose heavey as opposed to tail heavy, but the Tiberius is not awfully tail heavy (except in holster).

Kydex holster properly strapped, removes the wag, awkwardness and lack of comfort. As far i could see in three big games, most TPX users, were not very comfortable, and i hardly think its due to the pistol, a simple holster replacement will fix that

3. As the TPX says on the box "Ergonomically Designed Grip" (im holding the pistol now actually) not "The TPX has a way smaller grip than a Tiberius", and ergonomics generally means the science of equipment designed for use by people efficently and properly. Having an ergonomically designed grip would mean having a grip that is designed to fit better to the human hand, once again this is also subjective, one may have huge hands (myself) and they may prefer something fat and chunky like a Tiberius. Or others may like something not as fat and better fitting in thickness to their hand.

I dont have big hands, yet i find the T8 grip a lot more comfortable and ergonomic.
As for saying it on a box, since when people believe everything written on a box? :rolleyes: :laugh:

5. Well the bonus of under the barrel CO2 is you will only have to deal with one 12 gram at a time, where as in the Tiberius it depends on how many clips you have loaded, 12 grams are expensive, Crosman 12g's in a 40 pack costs $22.90 from a random online website in google shopping, divide this by the number of 12gs and you get $0.57 a 12g. now just for reference a 20oz tank has about 567 grams in it, a 20oz is $5 to fill (locally) and is reusable. The equivelent of 12grams is 47 12g with a total price of $26.79 (using crosman 12g online price) this is 21.79 more than a 20oz tank. All in all 12 grams are expensive, (*but dont forget you save money using less paint!!!!). In the TPX with 2 clips you deal with 1 12 gram at a time, if you gun screws up take it out and only one 12g is wasted about $0.57 depending one how many shots you took. In the T8 with 2 clips you deal with 2 12grams at a time, if you gun screws up you take both out and waste $1.14, or leave them in and leave the stress of 300psi on your mags valves until you fix your gun? Well supposing this causes the mags to wear away earlyer this could lead to a $40 replacement in the future. Now suppose you play 9 full saturdays of summer you may get a bad chop in both guns once each day (they are both paint picky so its bound to happen...) 9x $0.57 = $5.13 wasted by a TPX chop, and 9 x $1.14 = $10.26 wasted in by Tiberius chop. Not to mention other marker failures and the small amount of CO2 released in T8 mag changes being wasted (1-2 shots) and the leftovers of the CO2 that cant produce enough force for usefull shots. Anyways for conventional markers thats one 20oz fill for the tpx waste and two 20oz fills for the t8 waste, which is 1000 shots and 2000 shots respectively. My friend last week ended up wasting a few 12grams in his T8 as it had some problems, and it needed to be repaired, also the week before he had a chop and wasted some left over CO2. Although this may not be a huge deal for 2 months it will add up. The more you use it (at home just practice shooting, more chops, other marker failures.) the more you may waste. But if you can afford a T8 or TPX you have the money to cover these...lol

There are a few problems with your argument imho:
1. You assume that people will put their TPXes on remotes - past experience shows only a tiny minority does that.
2. Your calculation is surprisingly based on a premise that in case of a mess up in a T8, you end up removing the cartridges, and im not sure why you think so. :unsure:
Fieldstripping the T8 is in fact more efficient than the TPX as you do not loose your cartridges, primarily because there are rarely any issues with the mags, and so no need whatsoever to remove them to clean that chop... Moreover the shot counts for the T8 include the minuscule amount of co2 you loose at each reload.

6. Apparently the T8 is also paint picky too... Each pistol is picky and what works for a T8 may not work for a TPX and what may work for a TPX may not work for a T8, which paint is the cheapest and works the best for each? Well I dont know and I dont think anyone has used tons of different paint with their TPX's, and it is unknown which pistol will be cheaper by use of paint prices until people have experienced other paints in each pistol. as for the comment "Shot the TPX with Spectrum, all breaks, the same paint with the T8 - not a single break." its like saying "I shot first strike through my FS T8 and it worked wonderfully, but for some odd reason it wouldnt feed properly in my TPX" as earlyer stated paintball markers are subjective to paint.

True, yet still surprising, because this was experienced not by one person, but 5, with 6 TPXes among them.

An additional comment unrelated to yours, the TPX will take a remote line (when they release the remote adapter) and it hooks up in the back of the marker and in no way effects the use of clips, so you can have tons of clips to use if you use a remote line (you can use a 20oz if you wanted and not even fuss with the prices of 12grams), as for the T8 you are limited to using one mag with the remote line option (Unless you can slide check disconnect and reconnect to another loaded and remote ready mag quickly and efficently...hehe.).

I just dont see the point of hooking up one with a remote, it kinda destroys the whole point of a Paintball Pistol.

Dont get me wrong, the T8 is a great pistol (I have shot both the TPX and T8, my best friend owns T8, my brother owns TPX). It is a blast to shoot the T8 but it is also a blast to shoot a TPX. Im simply putting for some objections to you reasoning just so that more points of view are shown.

Personally I have just ordered a T9 so I will be able to do some more research with the T9 in pistol format (practically a T8) and compare it to my brothers TPX. My plan however is if my bros TPX is good then I will get a TPX also and I will use the T9 as a primary and the TPX as a backup and get tons of mags so I always have paint ready come the inabilitly to use the T9 for some reason. That way I will only have to worry about quick 12 grams changes on a TPX but will have an abundance of preloaded mags in the heat of the action, rather than change the CO2 and refill mags during the same "firefight". It would also be cheaper for me to have an abundance of TPX mags than Tiberius mags...

Discussion as such shine a lot of light on the hidden aspects of each marker :ninja:

Like i said before, personally im disappointed (hence i wasnt particulary hyped with it), that Tippmann decided to go with an obsolete technology, rather than develop something truly new, like maybe a fundamentally new cartridge, or a whole new concept of airing a pistol...
From my perspective the TPX is nothing but an overpriced and mildy different reincarnation of Ye Olde Overlord/UCP/68/Zeus etc. concept, which frankly should be left behind.

#21 User is offline   Firemage 

• Otaku
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Firemage

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:39 PM

I like my TPX, i enjoy using my bothers T8, so i'm happy that my TPX is at least equal in utility to the T8
-Gabe, Rpger, Otaku, Detroiter
From the shadow of the Glass Palace
"Speramus meliora; resurget cineribus"
"We hope for better days; it shall rise from its ashes"
A motto to live by.

#22 User is offline   p8blr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:pbrules15

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:40 AM

View PostSteel Tiger, on Jun 19 2009, 04:29 PM, said:

View Postrtozier, on Jun 19 2009, 05:27 PM, said:

Owning a T8 myself, I can give my opinion backed with some experience. Having had the T8 for a while now, about two years, I rarely use it anymore. I like the idea of a pistol, but it has more cons than pros, (just check wardens post).
I have not shot the TPX, but I have held one, and I was very surprised at the material used to build it. I like that the co2 is not in the grip, but I hate that it is a fully composite gun. Especially the mags, they weigh next to nothing, and are not made out of composite, just cheap plastic. All in all, I was very disappointed after holding the TPX.
Only time will tell to see if the TPX is a robust gun or not.
I would recommend looking into the Kingman training pistols. The full aluminum one (Eraser), to be more specific. I have held one, and I was very impressed. Even the Chaser, the half composite one felt very solid. I plan on getting one my self here pretty soon. No other pistol can beat 80+ shots of one co2. Only downfall is that you have to buy different paint, but if you are like me, my paintball store is within about fifteen minutes so I can pick up paint fairly easially.

but will the paint you buy be .43 caliber? (Which is illegal at most fields)

Surprisingly, no. My field sells them on site, so it is really no big deal, and I would bet that the field I go to is not the only one willing to do that. My bet is, sooner or later the Kingman paintballs will become more and more common.

#23 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:24 AM

Will the TPX take compressed air via remote? thanks.
Posted Image

. -Pirate

#24 User is offline   Firemage 

• Otaku
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Firemage

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:09 PM

View Postpvt. Leonard L. Church, on Jun 20 2009, 01:24 PM, said:

Will the TPX take compressed air via remote? thanks.

yes
-Gabe, Rpger, Otaku, Detroiter
From the shadow of the Glass Palace
"Speramus meliora; resurget cineribus"
"We hope for better days; it shall rise from its ashes"
A motto to live by.

#25 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:50 PM

alright! thanks again.
Posted Image

. -Pirate

#26 User is offline   EthanB08 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ETHANB

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:44 PM

So had a game of paintball today, 2 TPX's users and 1 Tac user on my backyard course. The T8 preformed well getting about 3.5 shots a mag, the TPX's both got 3 clips with the last shot starting to drop. No chops in the T8. TPX user 1 had been shooting his TPX through out the week with RPS Big Balls, a few had chopped and he has not yet taken his gun apart to clean and he also faced another chop today with JT tactical paint I do believe. Chops = spining shots afterwards, temporarly fixed by battle swabing his barrel. My brother TPX user 2 got 2 chops with RPS Stinger one after the other which got in the mag. Shots were spinning without cleaning. Cleaning generally solved the problem.
As for taking apart the pistols after the games... Well... The TPX was very easy to open and clean everything. Cleaned the complete internals and relubed/greased everything in it in 20 mins easily. MY friends T8 Took 10 mins to get apart as for putting back together he told me it was a 3 man job (need of hands) and took him 3 hours the first time he put it back together. My brother also decided to take apart a magazine to clean it. DO NOT TAKE APART TPX MAGAZINES. I REPEAT DO NOT TAKE APART TPX MAGAZINES. It is a real pain in the lower backside to put back together, there is 3 springs the feeder spring, the locking spring and the unlocking spring. they are a complete pain to get to stay in order to put it back together, it took 2 of us to put it back together. We cleaned it and spent 40 mins putting it back together. The second mag also had a little bit of paint in it, we put it in some warm water and swished it around and air dryed it, this was fine for it so far, I will post later (if I remeber) to let you guys know if it rusts. As for the T8s mags I hear they are a pain but not as bad as the TPX I imagine, my friend has not yet taken his t8's mags apart.

However actual game play with both pistols was great. My brother played for the first time in his life pistol primary, and he played great too, he eliminated all the opposing team in one game, keep in mind he was using the TPX. The other TPX user did ok he got eliminations everyonce and a while, as did the T8 user. I got to use a TPX for a game too, it was... interesting it was the first itme i had ever played pistol primary and unfortunatly i could not keep up to my brothers standards...The following happend in approximatly 30-40 seconds: I kept the spare mag in my pocket, the main mag in the marker, then I emptied it, I ejected it and unknowingly put it in the pocket with the loaded spare mag, I reach in my other pocket, no mag is there I freak out and reach back to the first pocket and pull out the empty mag freak out again and finally pull out the full mag put it in the pistol and finally return fire to the person (who had a 98c) and was shooting at me when I was behind some crappy pallet cover. after 4 shots I get hit. I played with my brothers Tacamo Type 68-II marker because it had dry sights and my markers red dot was dying.

Anyways overall I do believe and have witnessed the TPX compete successfully with a T8 in battle. So all in all you run down to the idea of efficency vs ease of use. The Tiberius being a more efficent marker getting about 3 good clips per 12g and the TPX with about 2.5 on average per 12g. The Tippmann comes apart and cleans easyer and faster than a T8 (from what my friend has told me about the T8).

And as to reply to some of your comments Mr.Flint

Mr.Flint said:

There are a few problems with your argument imho:
1. You assume that people will put their TPXes on remotes - past experience shows only a tiny minority does that.
2. Your calculation is surprisingly based on a premise that in case of a mess up in a T8, you end up removing the cartridges, and im not sure why you think so.
Fieldstripping the T8 is in fact more efficient than the TPX as you do not loose your cartridges, primarily because there are rarely any issues with the mags, and so no need whatsoever to remove them to clean that chop... Moreover the shot counts for the T8 include the minuscule amount of co2 you loose at each reload.

1. Uh... well not in the part you selected... I was comparing 12 grams prices to normal conventinal markers and tanks, not stating that people will use both pistols with remotes.
2. It is... but you can also look at it like this, you finish your last game, you use a pistol as a primary, so lets say you have 4 clips for each marker, thats 4 12gs for the Tiberius that are co2 loaded, and only one for the TPX, you have paint in the mags, now you can shoot the paint just cause you have co2 left. This is a maximum of 24 shots for the TPX and a maximum of 96 shots for the T8 (unpolished) from the co2 you have to power the shots in each pistol. Now I personally would like to save shots for real targets, but you are done playing, all in all I would rather waste 1 12gram rather than 4 12 grams. It just depends if you justify random shooting (during non game play) at stuff as wasting or not.
Also keep in mind if you shot 2 full mags in each of your 4 clips in the T8 and few dry fires as you did not count perfectly or it was in the heat of battle. Also suppose you shot 3 12grams worth of shots and put your 4th 12gram in and have shot 1 full mag in the TPX along with some dry fires because of the heat of the moment. will you change your 12gs for the next game? you have approximatly one mag left in each 12 gram. For a TPX with 4 mags this is 8 shots worth of co2. For the T8 this is 32 shots worth of co2. You could change them and waste co2 or you can keep them loaded and find yourself doing a 1/4 turn for a new co2 in the TPX, or using a T8 clip you can use one put another one in and change the co2 (quick puncture or allen wrench either way not a 1/4 turn) then repeating this step 4 times till all clips are full. I would prefer the TPX for things like that... but maybe I'm just overly against wasting paint and co2, and am the only one who thinks crazily like this...

Mr.Flint said:

True, yet still surprising, because this was experienced not by one person, but 5, with 6 TPXes among them.

But if they were all using the same kind of paint and TPXs its not really a suprise... not to me anyways, if monsterballs doesnt work in one Tiberus why would it work in another Tiberius? Same paint same markers and paint is breaking its the paint thats the problem...

Mr.Flint said:

I just dont see the point of hooking up one with a remote, it kinda destroys the whole point of a Paintball Pistol.

I have considered it if I was to get a TPX, because that way I can use my co2 tank (saves me money) at home to fill a 9oz and remote it to the TPX, now I only have to worry about running out of paint. If I get an abundance of mags for the TPX ( 6 maybe considering the price of em) I can have 48 shots almost ready to shoot. Rather than worry about co2 every 2 or 3 clips. But with a tiberius it does not work this easily (only supposing you are one of the few who consider remoted pistols).

Mr.Flint said:

Like i said before, personally im disappointed (hence I wasnt particulary hyped with it), that Tippmann decided to go with an obsolete technology, rather than develop something truly new, like maybe a fundamentally new cartridge, or a whole new concept of airing a pistol...

Airing the pistol isnt new, (to my knowledge). Granted it is new for .68 caliber paintball pistols, but I do believe some rap 4 .43 cal pistols can be "charged" and can have like 30-40 shots or something. However I do like the idea of air charging pistols, it would be nice to get an adapter thing where you could screw somthing to a 20oz tank and charge the pistol through a valve kind of like those grenade launcher shell things. Cheaper for everyone...lol.

BT paintball should work on making a paintball pistol that can be "charged", comes with 2 mags which are sturdier than a TPXs mags easy to take apart for cleaning, the air charger for charging the marker, remote capability (not from the the mag somthing like the TPX), metal non clamshell body like a tiberius but modeled after a real pistol like a ... DESERT EAGLE...no only joking... but something real. oh... and it has to be affordable...
Spetsnaz, When the only way to kill a terrorist is by a backflipping hatchet attack.

#27 User is offline   Cassius Allanus 

• Your God
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CassiusAllanus

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

Once you get used to it, the T8 / T9 shouldn't take any longer than 20 minutes to clean and lube, and I've had no trouble maintaining the mags either.
AIM: CassiusAllanus | MSN: Brendon.Allan@shaw.ca | XFire: enlighteneddespot | E-MAIL: Brendon.Allan@shaw.ca | ESO2: HG_CassiusA | Steam: cassiusallanus

The OFFICIAL Tiberius Arms forums are up!

#28 User is offline   FricknSasquatch 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:32 PM

Great posts i learned quite a bit form these posts, i think i'm still leaning towards the t8 for a couple of reasons:
1) i'm getting a t9 along with the t8 so the clips are interchangable
2) quality tiberius arms makes quality and refined products (not saying tippmanns aren't good quality i own a 98c love it for it's ruggedness but tiberius is a bit more refined and precise) (with only 4 guns in their arsenal they pay more attention per gun) lots of r and d go into their markers and it shows plus the t8 has been out longer so most (keyword most!) of its bugs have been worked out (still waiting for more tpx reviews)
3) Spec Ops Mag extention for the t8 woo 17 shots (plus it looks kick butt)(and i spend 5 bucks a weekend to fill a 20oz co2 so 5 bucks (give or take) on 12 grams won't bother me plus ill save money on paint shooting less (thats a given people)

"FricknSasquatch by name, frickin sasquatch by game"

#29 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:41 AM

after reading ALL of these posts. which is quite time consuming.
I have one thing to say,

The TPX is to the T-8 as to
The SP-1 is to the Tac-One. ( longbow version, excluding the 90% of the users who use hoppers and on gun tanks)

Quality wise the T-8 wins. Although sometimes the cheaper TPX will bet more cost efficiant compared to the use.
I think If I had to choose I would go with the T-8, Although If I didnt have a job. and I was slightly tight on money, it would be the TPX.

#30 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:55 AM

View PostEskimo, on Jun 21 2009, 10:41 AM, said:

after reading ALL of these posts. which is quite time consuming.
I have one thing to say,

The TPX is to the T-8 as to
The SP-1 is to the Tac-One. ( longbow version, excluding the 90% of the users who use hoppers and on gun tanks)

Quality wise the T-8 wins. Although sometimes the cheaper TPX will bet more cost efficiant compared to the use.
I think If I had to choose I would go with the T-8, Although If I didnt have a job. and I was slightly tight on money, it would be the TPX.

After using a TPX yesterday, I would say this is a pretty accurate summation.

The TPX is pretty darn good. The T8 is just a bit better, but also costs more for the pistol and mags. On a budget, the TPX is the best bet. For that little extra performance for those that aren't real concerned with price, the T8 is better.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users